Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much hassle does your partner give you?

• 21-07-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Cut the grass, eat health, sweep up, put out the bin etc etc etc.
    How much is too much?
    I noticed my girlfriend going overload on this lately, and she was never like that before.
    I realise there must be some, but how much can you take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

None.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

She sounds like your mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

She giving you hassle to help out around the house, OP?

The cheek of her. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 miss.aok

ok getting you to do chores is annoyin but if she say eat healthy its case she loves ya. i tell my bf not to b smoking cause it can bring health problems. I only nag him about cause i wouldnt want to see him sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

How much is too much?
    I noticed my girlfriend going overload on this lately, and she was never like that before.

after the honeymoon period they do get like this. if you don't put a damper on things now or possibly even get rid of her you'll really be in the sh1t shortly. before ya know it she'll be wanting children

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

How much is too much?
    You are a grown adult aren't you? How about you help out without having to be asked? Or would you like her to do everything for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I cut the grass and take out the bins all by myself. Does she have any arms and does she offer any services in return for her bossy boots behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Crack that whip!

Liquorice whip!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

None, mainly because I haven't got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Abi wrote: »
    You are a grown adult aren't you? How about you help out without having to be asked? Or would you like her to do everything for you?

I cut the grass, clean up, and put out the bin. But I'd like to do these things in my own time rather than be nagged all day. I'll do it when I have a spare ten minutes why does everything have to be done straight away?

More women need hobbies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

How much is too much?

She's pregnant. Look up nesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I cut the grass, clean up, and put out the bin. But I'd like to do these things in my own time rather than be nagged all day. I'll do it when I have a spare ten minutes why does everything have to be done straight away?

More women need hobbies.

Sounds like she doesn't have time for hobbies with you around, certainly if it takes all day for you to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

More women need hobbies.

Since when is cutting the grass and taking out the bin a hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

Sounds like she doesn't have time for hobbies with you around, certainly if it takes all day for you to do something.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Put a maximum cap of 2 years in any relationship. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Just do what she asks but do it really badly. She'll soon realise your good for nothing and do it herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

She sounds like a right pain in the hole.
    Stab some sense into that bitch OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jimmyhologram

I used to be just like you. Till my wife put manners on me :).

Some people just like things to be clean and tidy, rather than left to be cleaned later on, or else they get on edge. It actually makes more sense, too.

I changed my lazy ways because it makes my OH feel better, and it doesn't cost much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Uriel. wrote: »
    Put a maximum cap of 2 years in any relationship. Problem solved.

lol so true, after that the action to chores ratio changes drastically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Or would you like her to do everything for you?
    Actually yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Sounds like she's being passive aggressive.. Have you cheated on her recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I get it real bad, she actually wants me to sit down and talk to each other every now and then....wtf is that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Having lived with other men throughout my life I know how messy, lazy and sh*te some men can be about the house.

Used to share with a guy who would offer to wash the dishes, fill the sink with water, dump the dishes in and then just leave them like that until the next day when I would find them and have to actually wash them.

Although having said that maybe you just have a sh*t girlfriend?

Either way it's probably your fault. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Why can't she cut the grass or put out the bin herself if it's annoying her so much?
    I would do things when I feel like it needs to be done and I should hope that's what everyone else does this too. If it happens that she feels like the grass needs to be cut now, well then she better get her mower out instead of expecting you to do it for her..

To answer your question, I would take zero of that nagging crap :L Why does she think she can tell you what to do? Nip that in the bud before you become whipped as a pig! :L
    wimmins have some cheek these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Nothing more annoying than the 'I'll do it in my own time' cr&p. No, do it now! Then it will be done and we can all sit down in a nice clean house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Nothing more annoying than the 'I'll do it in my own time' cr&p. No, do it now! Then it will be done and we can all sit down in a nice clean house!

why dont YOU do it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

I don't believe an adult ever has the right to tell another adult what to do. People should do things of their own free will -out of respect and consideration because they want to, not obligation because they're told to

cocoshovel wrote: »
    why dont YOU do it now?

Because I will have already made the dinner, and slaved lovingly over it. Loading the dishwasher after shouldn't be that big an ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Oh op, I only wish, wish, wish I had a girlfriend to nag me.

As for my wife ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

We have this deal in our house - I clean inside and himself does whatever has to be done outside- we came about this decision due to the fact that I like to be clean and I am allergic to everything that the outdoors has to bring and his dream in life is to climb in the bin and roll around for the day - we both do the hoovering and mopping in one go.

If the other doesn't do whatever has to be done in their domain that's their problem and noone is to blame but themselves. The rules are simple - we don't ask about the others domain and we don't complain about the others domain. If we see something that isn't done in the others domain, we close our eyes and keep walking - we don't comment, roll eyes or judge - we assume that whatever it is will be done in good time.

It's the fightclub of domestic bliss.

The rules are simple and everyone is happy with no need for nagging and more time for a good bit of wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A moderate to fair amount.

It's all justified even though I will never, admit it and usually postpone doing anything on principle.

OCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

How much is too much?

Have you thought about getting a lodger to entertain her ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Just brought in the washing for herself.
    Told hang the rest out ! Then cut the grass and oh put petrol in my car.
    I should have stayed in work today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

How much is too much?

Just finish with her, No need to put up with that especially as you say she is going overboard lately.

stovelid wrote: »
    OCD.

Grown up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Because I will have already made the dinner, and slaved lovingly over it. Loading the dishwasher after shouldn't be that big an ask.
    That's only half doing the job. Try harder to see it through to completion, cook it, serve it, clean up after it.

ducks and runs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

None.

My experience of people who do this is that it's not to do with wanting demands to be met, but to do with wanting to give out. They'll give out no matter what you do in other words. Just my experience mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Have you tried blasting her with piss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Everything is balanced out evenly over a week so as not to leave to many domestic chores on one plate and cleaning /tidying up is something that is just second nature to me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

ri! get us the dinner made now at 1pm, and fetch me a beer from the fridge ty. Double standards all around.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    ri! get us the dinner made now at 1pm, and fetch me a beer from the fridge ty. Double standards all around.

Wha'?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I hate people with the attitude that all jobs should be shared. If I cook the dinner I'm quite happy to finish the job and wash up, especially if it's for someone I'm fond of.

Some people have a notion they are being taken advantage of if the do the whole job themselves and create an awkward situation where if they start something you have to help, even if you had sod all interest in it to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lolz81

I've just come out of a 5 year relationship which had become nothing but nagging and hassling. He wanted us to spend quality time together and everything (apparently the 7 hours a night we spent together while sleeping didn't quite cut it). Effort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

We have this deal in our house - I clean inside and himself does whatever has to be done outside-

I currently have the same deal with my OH, I refuse to go outside when it's raining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

We spend a very minimal amount of time giving each other hassle.
    We're both messy f*ckers if let be though, we really need it. :o
    Many moons ago when he hadn't started doing his share of the upkeep I did tear into him. He just wasn't used to doing much. I don't mind being the giver or receiver of a good rant once in a blue moon but if I had to nag everyday I'd be soul-destroyed.
    Maybe your oh is doing more than you around the house and she feels resentful and that's the real reason why she's nagging you? Or she could just be a control freak! Either way you'd be better off talking to her than AH. Control freaks usually change their habits for the sake of a happy compromise. Otherwise you'll end up miserable and the relationship can't last. If you're a "traditionalist" (not the word I'd use :p) you'll make her miserable too. Even if she hasn't complained about doing more housework. Good luck with that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Pave over the garden and you won't ever have to cut the grass again.

I purposely live in a high-up apartment so I don't have to deal with all that gardening sh!t. Plants should die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

There's an argument that can be made that whoever gets more pleasure from the clean house should probably do more chores. If one person is content with dirty windows and didn't make them dirty for example, then why should they be expected to clean the windows.

There's an argument that can be made that whoever gets more pleasure from the clean house should probably do more chores. If one person is content with dirty windows and didn't make them dirty for example, then why should they be expected to clean the windows.

I have been advancing this theory for years.

On deaf ears I might add.

• Advertisement
Advertisement