Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much hassle does your partner give you?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

stovelid wrote: »
    OCD.

Grown up.

Yes, adults suffer from it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Get her to read the fifty shades stuff then sit back and wait .....

Apparently then you will be able to bang her sideways all day roughly in a really nasty misogynistic way and she will love it !

No more nagging - just subservient bliss!

True story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

smcgiff wrote: »
    Oh op, I only wish, wish, wish I had a girlfriend to nag me.

As for my wife ...

You sir are a fiendish cad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Learn to drive.

Other than that, not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

There's an argument that can be made that whoever gets more pleasure from the clean house should probably do more chores. If one person is content with dirty windows and didn't make them dirty for example, then why should they be expected to clean the windows.

There is also the argument that lazy men that give out about their partners so called 'nagging' should go back and live with their mothers. Your partner is not someone you should take advantage of and expect her to do everything for you. If you'd a genuine respect for each other, you wouldn't have to be asked in the first place, let alone be 'nagged'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

There's an argument that can be made that whoever gets more pleasure from the clean house should probably do more chores. If one person is content with dirty windows and didn't make them dirty for example, then why should they be expected to clean the windows.

Interesting argument, to be sure.

But what if the person in question had made the mess they're being asked to clean up? Just for argument's sake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Not much. Mine cooks and stuff. Does try to curb my drinking though. That may be because I've arrived in at half four sh*tfaced unable to speak once or twice though. Hard to blame him there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Abi wrote: »
    There is also the argument that lazy men that give out about their partners so called 'nagging' should go back and live with their mothers. Your partner is not someone you should take advantage of and expect her to do everything for you. If you'd a genuine respect for each other, you wouldn't have to be asked in the first place, let alone be 'nagged'.

stop talking crazy woman and make my dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

crazygeryy wrote: »
    stop talking crazy woman and make my dinner.

Apt user name my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

We have this deal in our house - I clean inside and himself does whatever has to be done outside. The rules are simple - we don't ask about the others domain and we don't complain about the others domain. If we see something that isn't done in the others domain, we close our eyes and keep walking.

Same deal here and it's worked well for MANY years. I don't think he even notices the state of the house as long as he gets meals and clean clothes. As for outside I really don't care what it looks like - so it's the perfect arrangement for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I have am just going into my 40 yr sentence. She cleans the house when it's not dirty and I share the cleaning etc. She has never cleaned the boiler or the car (she uses it as well) or changes the oil in the car.
    She does not look at efficiency; I have to take 9 decorative pillows off the bed before I can get in. She is always nagging on about putting papers in the bin and dishes in the washer, what really gets me is when I am cooking and I turn around and the dishes have gone in to the dishwasher before I have finished

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

My wife gives me very little.
    Don't blink an eyelid at my dual screen playboy wallpapers (or mags), open-minded in loads of ways and gives me little grief at all in life.
    I'm a lucky man and I know it daily. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

After my heart attack the doctor warned my oh that was I was not get stressed, havn't been nagged since:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Cut the grass, eat health, sweep up, put out the bin etc etc etc.
    How much is too much?
    I noticed my girlfriend going overload on this lately, and she was never like that before.
    I realise there must be some, but how much can you take?

Can she not do it. Just tell her you have balls to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

woodoo wrote: »
    Can she not do it. Just tell her you have balls to scratch.

If he had balls he'd be complaining about it to her and not on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My woman doesn't have a whole lot if any hobbies. Me, I'm in to cars and music. She follows both but isn't too pushed either way. She goes to car shows and gigs with me, loves American cars and Metallica. She does most of the housework, certainly more than her fair share although I do help and have my own 'jobs'.

She's champion and I'm lucky to have her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

My ex did nothing but nag. He was a right pain. 4 years together and the last 3 were hell. He had to comment on absolutely everything. Never did a thing himself either.

It has me turned off relationships!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

syndeyfife wrote: »
    My ex did nothing but nag. He was a right pain. 4 years together and the last 3 were hell. He had to comment on absolutely everything. Never did a thing himself either.

It has me turned off relationships!

But yet you still seem to mention him a lot on boards:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Biggins wrote: »
    My wife gives me very little.
    Don't blink an eyelid at my dual screen playboy wallpapers (or mags), open-minded in loads of ways and gives me little grief at all in life.
    I'm a lucky man and I know it daily. :)

She told you to say that didn't she :(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Chucken wrote: »
    She told you to say that didn't she :(:(

She said to say "No." :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Stick at it OP,eventually she'll just give up and do it herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

We both nag each other about stuff that we think is for each other's good. More advice than anything. I'd tell him to take a night off studying and to make more of an effort to see his mates and enjoy himself and not be so hard on himself and he nags me about not getting enough sleep and getting a better teaching job with better pay and hours. We'd nag each other a fair bit about these two things but it's only out of caring about the other person. He always has a practical solution when I just want to moan, which drives me a little bit potty sometimes.

We're moving in together on the 1st and I can predict I'll be the one getting nagged about tidiness. I'm going to have to shape up on that front and I've developed more bad habits living alone the past 7 months. Funny how there's the perception that the woman is the tidy one and the man is the messy one. That's never been my own personal experience at all. I'm a right messy fooker...not dirty, just messy.

Don't have a problem being told to tidy up after myself - same as politely asking a lazy housemate to pull their weight. I suppose it depends on the delivery - there's no reason to shout at someone about it or argue about it. That usually achieves the opposite to the desired outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The other day we were out shopping and out of the blue my wife told me i was the laziest man in the whole country. I was so shocked i nearly fell out of the trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Couldn't live with anyone who wasn't willing to do their fair share in the chores stakes.
    And this business "I'll do it when I'm ready" or "I'll get around to it" does my head in. You are not a child, you shouldn't need to be asked to clean up after yourself and contribute to the household work. We don't nag each other as both parties do their fair share.

From the previous comments I can only gleen that women are still cleaning up after their partners??
    I gather this from all the "I'll do it when I'm ready" and "Cheek of her asking me to pick up my skidmarked jocks off the floor, shure she'll have to pick them up at some point when she washes dem for me" attitude.

I couldn't be anyone's skivvy;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It depends I suppose. If it's nagging when you're doing nothing at all, it's fair enough, you do need to contribute in some way to the place being clean. If it's a case that you're actually busy and you intend on actually doing it later, then it's not that cool.

Everyone needs their own time to themselves, or to do what they like doing. If the nagging starts at those times, it's not a good thing imo. Although, if your own time is all time, it's probably not that fair either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

my gf is great, she gives me no hassle about tidying or anything really, i should have the place in better order tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

none, she's a great wife (looks over shoulder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

My GF is great; too great, almost. She's the messy one and I'm the pedantic neat-freak in the relationship. So I rarely get hassle because it's usually her running around trying to get her work done.

We kind of run in different circles, too, because of our jobs: We have different shifts and hours, so any time we have together we usually try to have a nice time. We do the cleaning and stuff at different times, or when the other person is at work.

Only complaint about her is that she always wants to be with just me, and kind of puts her friends on the backburner, so I'm constantly having to make sure she has girls' nights out every now and again so she doesn't lose touch with them.

She is, however, the only GF I've ever had that does the following (not an exhaustive list):

Scratches my balls in the morning (she seems to really enjoy this)
    Is either naked or semi-naked in our apartment almost all the time
    Snoozes on my lap when I'm playing PS3
    Likes my cooking (or at least says she likes it)
    Likes drinking beer
    Likes coffee as much as I do
    Talks about her friends' bodies and sometimes shows me sneaky photos that she's taken in the changing room of work of them undressing
    Doesn't change mood noticeably when she's having her period.

She's great, and cute as buttons. Love her to bits.

?????????NA201206152047380045-00-000000.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Brokentime wrote: »
    Talks about her friends' bodies and sometimes shows me sneaky photos that she's taken in the changing room of work of them undressing

I was with you till here but the above is just ****ed up, weird and wrong.

I was with you till here but the above is just ****ed up, weird and wrong.

Her friends, too.

Different people over here, mate.

Nothing new to see, though; ever had an apartment full of about 8 or 9 giddy, half-dressed nurses before?

• Advertisement

One time.

One time.

:D

I see your point, though. But I don't ask her to take pics of her mates in the nude; she just does it. She even has pics on her phone from as far back as college, when she shared a dorm with these girls. And, unsurprisingly, her mates have pics of her, too.

What's your GF's nude-to-dressed ratio when she's at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Couldn't live with anyone who wasn't willing to do their fair share in the chores stakes.
    And this business "I'll do it when I'm ready" or "I'll get around to it" does my head in. You are not a child, you shouldn't need to be asked to clean up after yourself and contribute to the household work. We don't nag each other as both parties do their fair share.

From the previous comments I can only gleen that women are still cleaning up after their partners??
    I gather this from all the "I'll do it when I'm ready" and "Cheek of her asking me to pick up my skidmarked jocks off the floor, shure she'll have to pick them up at some point when she washes dem for me" attitude.

I couldn't be anyone's skivvy;)

That's all fair enough if it worked both ways. But if I stepped in first when work needed to be done and started delegating chores to her, she'd blow her top. But it's fine when she does this? Pffft, great at giving orders, not so great at taking them though.... (otherwise she's perfect though ;))

Brokentime wrote: »
    What's your GF's nude-to-dressed ratio when she's at home?

Less than yours. :p

Less than yours. :p

But that's not denying she mucks around in the nude every now and again :)

So, you think that what my GF does with the photos is creepy - has your missus got any creepy habits, or does she do anything you disapprove of?

Does try to curb my drinking though. That may be because I've arrived in at half four sh*tfaced unable to speak once or twice though. Hard to blame him there.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 feegee

sweet feck all, he really is all round great guy...iam a lucky girl to have him:p

Advertisement