Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises at the ODEON

Options
  • 21-07-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone who has been to see it in waterford city can offer a review of quality of picture and sound. theres quite a few reports going round of cinemas showing poor quality setups. I have never been to storm or the odeon because of their rediculous prices but was planning on making a once off exception for this, don't wanna pay top dollar for shyte quality though... (Edit: was planning on booking a slot in screen 2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Perfect quality and sound when I saw it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Was the superman trailer on before it?

Nah, its rare you'll see the american trailers in front of the irish showings at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going tomorrow. I have heard of a few issues going myself. What screen were ya in Mitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acarbery

Went yesterday during the day (2.15pm). Screen 3. Actually, at the start I thought the sound was a bit loud (silly, I know) but it was absolutely fine. Screen was perfect too. The early pre-release reports of it being hard to understand Bane, if they were true, have been ironed out.

Enjoy. It's really a great finish to the trilogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I was in there last night watching Spiderman and the sound was crackling during the trailers, but was sorted when the film came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Sounds good so far anyways. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As a odeon employee I can Ensure That everything is 100% for every showing of the dark knight rises. Saw the movie myself and the picture and sound in screen 2 were perfect. It was very busy last night with every show of the dkr selling out last nite. I'd imagine it wont be as busy from Knw on.

I can't really remember as much buzz about a film in a very long time. Maybe Avatar a couple of years ago but not for a long time before that. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't really remember as much buzz about a film in a very long time. Maybe Avatar a couple of years ago but not for a long time before that. Great to see.

Shame about the ending though, really expected better...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I've been under the impression that its sold out for the next few days anyone know if this is true? Dying to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Nah, its rare you'll see the american trailers in front of the irish showings at the same time.

The superman trailer was shown in front of some showings in ireland according to the films forum

No sign of it in front of my showing anyway. I was in Screen 1 at 1:45.

There was some extremely loud cracking during the Total Recall trailer, but that was more the reel for the trailer, Other trailers were fine and film was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Shame about the ending though, really expected better...

If you're talking about about Avatar they're making sequels if you don't like the dkrises ending I have to say I did enjoy it, just to offer my opinion
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

anyone notice the shine on the screen from the fire exit doors signs. was at spiderman 2 weeks ago and you could clearly see it and was at batman yesterday and same again. screen 2 for batman yesterday but cant remember where spiderman one was in i know it was in one of the smaller ones. maybe they can move the signs or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

MOC88 wrote: »
    If you're talking about about Avatar they're making sequels if you don't like the dkrises ending I have to say I did enjoy it, just to offer my opinion

Ah I was only joking I haven't seen it, looking forward to it though. :)

MOC88 wrote: »

At the risk of going off topic I thought Avatar was absolutely Dire but at the same time one of the best cinematic experiences in my life because I didn't expect the 3D to be so good. Hasn't been anywhere near done as well since.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Hasn't been anywhere near done as well since.

That's because Avatar was made in 3D. Most other 3D films had the 3D hacked on in post production.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Saw it at the 21:15 showing in Screen 1 last night and had no issues. It was busy alright but we arrived early (while they were still cleaning) so had our choice of seats once they opened the doors. It always amazes me to see people arriving when the trailers are already on and expecting to get brilliant seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭cassette50

anyone notice the shine on the screen from the fire exit doors signs. was at spiderman 2 weeks ago and you could clearly see it and was at batman yesterday and same again. screen 2 for batman yesterday but cant remember where spiderman one was in i know it was in one of the smaller ones. maybe they can move the signs or somethin

Yes, had the same issue on Friday with Screen 1...did not bother me to much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

I went to see DKR on Friday at 21.15, I thought the visuals and sound were great... Though the two little sh**ts sitting next to me who were chatting to each other the whole way through it was annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hasn't been anywhere near done as well since.

That's because Avatar was made in 3D. Most other 3D films had the 3D hacked on in post production.
    Jackass 3D was epic in 3D, but again was made for 3D.

Was at the 6pm showing tonight, screen 3, levels for the bass were slightly off, but overall the experience was excellent, especially for a small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Went to see The Dark Knight Rises in screen two on sunday afternoon. Ive been to a few IMCs and Omniplexs around the country and have to say this ODEON blows them out of the water in terms of picture and sound quality, comfort and service. The picture compared to what ive seen elsewhere (lately dundalk imc and newry omniplex) is just not compareable. Prices are still pretty high though.

Would like to know if this is the same setup as storm cinema had or has there been many changes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I haven't really noticed any changes in the quality of picture or sound between Storm and Odeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Seen it Sunday night in Screen 2 - I thought the film could have been a little louder (or the audience a bit quieter) but it was definitely a much better experience than my last visit to Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The change to digital, thus the increase in sound/video quality, came in just before the rebranding. Same company anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

The superman trailer was shown in front of some showings in ireland according to the films forum
    It depends whether or not the projectionist puts the trailer on or not,

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭b0ardsUser

I haven't really noticed any changes in the quality of picture or sound between Storm and Odeon.

The change to Odeon happened a long time ago, its only recently that the cosmetic changes has happened. It's been Odeon run a good while now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement