Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asafoetida

Options
  • 21-07-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm looking to find Asafoetida in Dublin? I have tried the Asian Market on Drury Street and the shop on Georges Street and a handful of others. I do know it also goes under the name "Hing" and have looked for that too.

Thanks in advance

Me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

try the Asian store near jervis? It's bigger, shud have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

"asian food store" on mary street will have it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

They normally have it in the Asian Market on Drury Street, I've bought it there many times. It's at the top left corner of the shop beside all the Patak's pastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

"asian food store" on mary street will have it

Yep, this is where I got mine. It was not with all the other spices though. It was in the door, to the right, past the till and on the shelves there. Just ask if you cant find it. Its a small yellow plastic pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,975 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OP maybe if you posted this in the general food and drink forum rather than the Vegan & Vegetarian subforum, you'd get more replies.
    Us meat eaters also use spices and most of us don't bite (people).;)
    I know where you'd get asfoetida in Cork, for instance but I rarely come into the V&V subforum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭TankGuy

Thanks folks, I did get it in the one on Mary's Street. As suggested i has always been looking in the spices isle of all the shops and not expecting it be off on its own in a tub.
    Got some on Sunday and have used it every day since, lovely:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

if this is just the stuff that acts as a flavour enhancer you can get that pretty handy at any asian supermarket. I've definitely seen it in my local indian store in phibsboro.

Advertisement