Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Available Funds, how to tell when a lodged cheque clears?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Lodged a personal check to my current acct. Friday 21st July. ( so someone else's cheque, I'm payee ) The full amount shows on 365online, but I'm sure that I can't move/spend it until it clears.

Question: How do I know this cheque has cleared?:confused:

AIB have a feature "Available Funds":cool: -anyway of getting this info with BOI internet banking?

thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

Assuming you're a BoI card holder, if you do a Balance Enquiry at a BoI ATM, you will get available funds and max withdrawal figure back...

I don't know for sure if this includes a cheque before it's cleared, but in my experience it is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

@PaulDalyRoI:I'll cheque that out now, well in an hour (or 2) and report back.

P.S. Went to check at ATM , balance was same as online balance, and it said max withdrawal €700. I did not need this amount , so don't know if it would have coughed up, as anything over 400 would have to include part of the cheque which I don't expect to clear for at least 2 weeks. (It is a personal cheque drawn on a bank in U.S.A.)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

Well, unless u have an overdraft, then it sounds like thecheque has cleared. But I am far from an expert so we'll wait till the BoI guysrespond for an official answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi everyone,

You can see what funds are available on your account on Banking 365 by doing a transfer. It will show up as what you have available when you do a transfer. The other option is to check your balance at an atm machine. It will tell you what's available.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Hi everyone,

You can see what funds are available on your account on Banking 365 by doing a transfer. It will show up as what you have available when you do a transfer. The other option is to check your balance at an atm machine. It will tell you what's available.

Thanks
    Linda
    Hi Linda,
    Have done as you suggested, and transferred funds from BOI to other bank. Don't see how this works :confused: as the cheque, personal drawn on bank in Nevada U.S.A. probably won't clear for about 10 days.

rgds dOH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi dOH,

When you log into 365online, select Money Transfer and then Domestic Transfer. Choose the account you want to transfer from and click Continue. The available funds for that account will be displayed. This will only show cleared funds in your account.

You can also call Banking365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to confirm your cleared funds balance for you.

I've also included some information below about lodging foreign cheques which might be useful:
    We can't cash foreign cheques, however, you can lodge them to your account. They may need to be sent to the issuing bank for cheque clearing, which can take a minimum of 4 weeks and sometimes more. You'll be advised of this and any charges at the branch when you lodge the cheque. You can use our branch locator to find your nearest branch and its opening hours by clicking here.

I hope this helps,
    Graham

Advertisement