If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar

Options
  • 21-07-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Thinking about getting a soundbar to hook up to my Sky and Xbox.
    Thinking Yamaha but would consider other brands too.
    Don't want to go over 250 euro if possible.
    Best prices ( in Euro) including delivery to Cork please!

thanks for your time,

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Denis.

Cheers for the post.

The one that immediately springs to mind is the Yamaha YAS101.

This is one of the best sound bars that we have under £300.

The main reason for this is that it has a built-in subwoofer and I have to say that it sounds amazing.

Cnet did a review here.

We have this currently at £199.95 with delivery at £12.99 so the Euro total would come in at €279.

I know this is above budget, but it's well worth the extra. We have stock and could despatch Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Any chance you'd throw in a couple of toslink audio cables Dave??!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

denis1501 wrote: »
    Any chance you'd throw in a couple of toslink audio cables Dave??!

Denis,

many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'll happily do the Cambridge Audio 300 .75Mtr. optical at half price - it's normally £19.95 so I'll do 2 at £20 if you are buying a YAS101 at the same time -

showimage.php?image=306779.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

Again,apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have the YAS101 available from stock and ready to ship - keep me posted if you would like one reserved for you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John.
    As there is (I'm now being told) a toslink cable already in the Yamaha box could I ask for an extra toslink and a coaxial instead of 2 toslinks??
    regards,
    D.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

denis1501 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply John.
    As there is (I'm now being told) a toslink cable already in the Yamaha box could I ask for an extra toslink and a coaxial instead of 2 toslinks??
    regards,
    D.

Denin,

sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Again sorry but we just dont have the margin to do them free of charge but I'll happily do a Toslink as before at half price and reduce the Philips SWA6305 Coax (really nice cable) to just £4.99

Thanks and again keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like to pop an order in,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Order made and looking forward now to receiving the unit on friday!
    Thanks for making the effort to call me and the offer of texting me the courier information was a nice touch too.
    Will let you know how it all goes!

thanks again lads,
    D.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.