Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

phobia2011 wrote: »
    mine seems to mostly be blank, sometimes fta channels are populated but other channels are blank?

It only displays epg, have you crossepg setup to pull down the epg every day? Without it you'll only get now and next for the channels on the same transponder on the satellite. This is covered in the guide if you followed it, take note, there is a bug if you don't follow it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

i thought i did, i cant really click on crossepg config again, the bug issue you refered to, if i click download now, still blank?

i thought i did, i cant really click on crossepg config again, the bug issue you refered to, if i click download now, still blank?

Then is not set up right, check where the config is saving and set it to opentv 28.2. Clicking download now and then reload should give you 7 days for every single channel

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    set it to opentv 28.2

how do i do this?

how do i do this?

Menu-->setup-->cross epg - - >open tv-->enable 28.2. Just don't open configure, check using ftp that the path is right

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lafpat

Still not able to get the proper date on LCD tried all of Pogs suggestions no luck however

lafpat wrote: »
    Still not able to get the proper date on LCD tried all of Pogs suggestions no luck however

You're probably going to need a re-flash to fix that one

Yes I will do it eventually, have the box really working fast at the moment but it is not the latest HDMU image installed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

Does anyone else notice a serious lag changing saorview channels? I have my tuner set up as Pogmothoin suggests in his guide. Is there any fix for it? I have all my channels in the one cooltv bouquet.

And one other things - I notice Pog's picon pack is no longer available at the dropbox address. Anyone know where I could find it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

T0MMY wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice a serious lag changing saorview channels? I have my tuner set up as Pogmothoin suggests in his guide. Is there any fix for it? I have all my channels in the one cooltv bouquet.

And one other things - I notice Pog's picon pack is no longer available at the dropbox address. Anyone know where I could find it?

Cheers

I have not noticed any lag on saorview - I am using a T2 version of the machine.

For the picon pack try the firmware thread - he placed an updated version there

Bill

• Advertisement

bappelbe wrote: »
    I have not noticed any lag on saorview - I am using a T2 version of the machine.

For the picon pack try the firmware thread - he placed an updated version there

Bill

Yes, I have lag on terrestrial channels when I first click them,it pulls down the EPG. It gets better after that but is never as snappy as the satellite tuner. I have RTE through satellite so am not bothered, I only use it as a backup. I got the T1 tuner btw.

New updated picon pack in the firmware thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83942146&postcount=15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are you using the PLI HD skin or the default HDMU skin ?
    From my testing ,there is a lag using the PLI HD skin but none using the default skin .I noticed no lag using Modern Pli skin either.

Just downloaded those thanks.
    I was using poxy Spark till I came across your HDMU guide. I owe you!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Hi all, I seem to "lose" channels on the TV after a few minutes of streaming or recording, anybody else seeing this? I have a GM Triplex re-flashed on HDMU image from about a week ago, but this has been happening from the start.

If I start streaming a channel on my laptop, after a few minutes all channels on that tuner (Terr or Sat) are gone from the TV - The channels are still in the list but I get a black screen when zapping to them, and the only way to get them back is to reboot the device (restarting enigma is not enough)

Also a few days ago I had a timer set for "The Field" on RTE (Terrestrial) at 11.30pm. I was watching some other program on BBC (Sat), and a few minutes after the recording started, I lost all my satellite channels, I had to reboot to get them back (after the recording was over)

Has anybody experienced anything like this, and if so, what could be causing it?

Thanks

cool_cat wrote: »
    Hi all, I seem to "lose" channels on the TV after a few minutes of streaming or recording, anybody else seeing this? I have a GM Triplex re-flashed on HDMU image from about a week ago, but this has been happening from the start.

If I start streaming a channel on my laptop, after a few minutes all channels on that tuner (Terr or Sat) are gone from the TV - The channels are still in the list but I get a black screen when zapping to them, and the only way to get them back is to reboot the device (restarting enigma is not enough)

Also a few days ago I had a timer set for "The Field" on RTE (Terrestrial) at 11.30pm. I was watching some other program on BBC (Sat), and a few minutes after the recording started, I lost all my satellite channels, I had to reboot to get them back (after the recording was over)

Has anybody experienced anything like this, and if so, what could be causing it?

Thanks

Sounds like you don't have the tuners setup right. Tuner B needs to be set as in this image, tuner C set as equal to Tuner B in tuner configuration. The preferred tuner also need to be set to auto in menu-->setup-->system-->customise.

2012-12-31165729_zps6d5eb03f.jpg

Sounds like you don't have the tuners setup right. Tuner B needs to be set as in this image, tuner C set as equal to Tuner B in tuner configuration. The preferred tuner also need to be set to auto in menu-->setup-->system-->customise.

Thanks for suggestion, will check this evening. I hope that's it as it is very frustrating! Will let you know.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are you using the PLI HD skin or the default HDMU skin ?
    From my testing ,there is a lag using the PLI HD skin but none using the default skin .I noticed no lag using Modern Pli skin either.

Yes I'm using PLI HD because it is prettiest. I will check out Modern Pli this evening. Default is too ugly to contemplate.

Is it my imagination or does PLI HD come with crossepg and cooltv pre installed, because I have both and I never installed either.

Thanks.

Yes I'm using PLI HD because it is prettiest. I will check out Modern Pli this evening. Default is too ugly to contemplate.

Is it my imagination or does PLI HD come with crossepg and cooltv pre installed, because I have both and I never installed either.

Thanks.

PLI HD is a skin, crossepg and cooltvguide are plugins, if they're installed they will be usable in any skin

PLI HD is a skin, crossepg and cooltvguide are plugins, if they're installed they will be usable in any skin

I thought so, but it's the second time I've loaded PLI HD on different versions of HDMU, and both times when I select the Graphical Interface it looks identical to cooltv (but with no mention of cooltv anywhere) and has 8 day epg.

Presumably when you load a new version of HDMU it wipes cooltv and crossepg plugins?

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Default is fairly ugly allright but its more stable .I noticed PLI HD causes Media Player to crash too due to a skin error .

PLI HD is nice but I dont like the way the channel listings are on the right of the screen when you bring up a bouquet,I prefer it to be on the left as with most other skins.

I thought so, but it's the second time I've loaded PLI HD on different versions of HDMU, and both times when I select the Graphical Interface it looks identical to cooltv (but with no mention of cooltv anywhere) and has 8 day epg.

Presumably when you load a new version of HDMU it wipes cooltv and crossepg plugins?

HDMU includes these plugins

Default is fairly ugly allright but its more stable .I noticed PLI HD causes Media Player to crash too due to a skin error .

Remove the bmediacenter in plugins, it's the HDMU player. Then just open recordings with the play button and they will play from there

Just an update LCD time showing wrong time I took Pogs advice and reflashed again with the latest image and it sure is a huge improvement over the last image I had. It seems much faster and responds quicker to remote control I use a Logitech harmony one, the clock issue has gone but the best of all is the play and ff and rewind on recordings it is much better no lagging overall a big improvement and very happy at the moment.

Just checked and it's already set up exactly as you said, so that's not the issue. Any other idea? I noticed my HDD was set to go into standby after 5 minutes, could that be an issue?

Just checked and it's already set up exactly as you said, so that's not the issue. Any other idea? I noticed my HDD was set to go into standby after 5 minutes, could that be an issue?

No idea, but if it's still happening flash again with the latest image. You could spend hours trying to troubleshoot, when an hour or two will re-flash with a newer image from scratch

• Advertisement

finally. i have the box set up,

my next question is if anybody has their setup with a motorised system, im guessing it will be a different can of worms all together?

Just to double check, you have 2x feeds from the satellite and one from your uhf aerial connected

I have found out elsewhere how to make an installable backup of Enigma2 in flashable e2jffs2.img and uimage enigma files. You can do it in Spark with a different Enigma2 update plugin available here. Reboot to Spark, install the plugins (read readme) and reboot, then when you run this one you have an option to either install or backup Enigma2 by pressing green.
    Which one of the files is relevant to backing up Enigma 2 ?
    There seems to be alot of unecessary files in that download relating to alot of other stuff.

Which one of the files is relevant to backing up Enigma 2 ?
    There seems to be alot of unecessary files in that download relating to alot of other stuff.

The Enigma 2 plugin, yes it's a plugin pack. You can one click remove the ones you don't want in plugins after

Is there an alternative to the HDMU Media Centre for playing movie files? I find it only plays about half the files I download properly.

Also, is it possible to jump back to the beginning of a video file without having to rewind the whole thing?

• Advertisement

Is there an alternative to the HDMU Media Centre for playing movie files? I find it only plays about half the files I download properly.

Also, is it possible to jump back to the beginning of a video file without having to rewind the whole thing?

Vlc is in plugins, not tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Enhanced Media Center is the best ive used.

listermint wrote: »
    Enhanced Media Center is the best ive used.

I downloaded that plugin but couldn't figure out how to get it to run

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I am trying out image OpenAR-P. It hasn't got CrossEPG in it's list of downloadable plugins.

Is there anywhere else that I can download a zip or ipk file from to ftp to the box ?

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Thinking of buying this amp from Richersounds:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=24&ProductID=1249

Has anyone got their Alien2 hooked up to an amp and any problems?

I think I read somewhere on here about a problem someone was having but I can't find the post.

Leiva wrote: »
    Thinking of buying this amp from Richersounds:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&SUB=24&ProductID=1249

Has anyone got their Alien2 hooked up to an amp and any problems?

I think I read somewhere on here about a problem someone was having but I can't find the post.

I'm using optical out on mine, no problems. I did have a problem with sync with earlier images but perfect now

Just to double check, you have 2x feeds from the satellite and one from your uhf aerial connected

Correct (2 feeds from previous sky set up + feed from my UHF aerial) - in normal use no problem, it only starts acting up if I stream: within seconds of stopping a network stream, I can't zap to any channel from that tuner on the device itself, I can see the channels in the epg but black screen when zapping and only fix is full reboot. I took out the HDD to eliminate it as a possible source of the issue, and it's still happening so I'm not sure what to do next. I could reflash but the issue was there before the last reflash so not too hopeful...any ideas welcome! Does anyone routinely stream over local network without any issues on the device?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I'm considering picking up one of these boxes in the next couple of days, the Amilo Alien DVB-T2 version.Before I purchase it I have a couple of questions for you,which might save me having to browse the 30 pages of this thead!:eek::pac:

Does the box have the facility to record onto an internal HDD? Can I set up a series link to record? How wife friendly" is it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nforce wrote: »
    Does the box have the facility to record onto an internal HDD?

No, usb only
    Can I set up a series link to record?

Yes, the autotimer plugin
    How wife friendly" is it?

Very, mine has no problems now the software is stable. There is a learning curve, but once she got the basics I starting showing her new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

Hi everyone. Whenever I set autobouquets to roi hd it only puts the Irish rte2 at start. My Comedy Central and discovery hd's are at the bottom of lists rather than in place of sd versions at start. Can this be sorted?

• Advertisement

Much appreciated,Pog, At present I'm running an HTPC running Win7 MCE for Saorview/Free to Air Satellite and DVBdream/Hadu for other streams, which is a nightmare for my missus to get her head around!:)

Hi everyone. Whenever I set autobouquets to roi hd it only puts the Irish rte2 at start. My Comedy Central and discovery hd's are at the bottom of lists rather than in place of sd versions at start. Can this be sorted?

That's the HD list, you have HD first set. Press Entertainment and the other bouquets and you will see the real Sky order

That's the HD list, you have HD first set. Press Entertainment and the other bouquets and you will see the real Sky order

I don't understand. I set autobouquets to roi hd and then I set "use hd first" to yes. Most of my hd's are still at the bottom of list...

I don't understand. I set autobouquets to roi hd and then I set "use hd first" to yes. Most of my hd's are still at the bottom of list...

No, the HD's are in the order they are listed. Select 28.2E UK Bouets you'll see listed for High Definition 102 RTE Two HD, 106 Sky1 HD depending on the channel number Sky assign to the channel. This option lists the HD channels before Entertainment

2013-04-06141444_zpsc454afa9.jpg

No, the HD's are in the order they are listed. Select 28.2E UK Bouets you'll see listed for High Definition 102 RTE Two HD, 106 Sky1 HD depending on the channel number Sky assign to the channel. This option lists the HD channels before Entertainment

2013-04-06141444_zpsc454afa9.jpg
    I see what you mean now.. Can you set the entertainment section and others to just forget the sd channels which have a hd version and have them in their position?

I see what you mean now.. Can you set the entertainment section and others to just forget the sd channels which have a hd version and have them in their position?

No, the idea of Autobouquets is that you have them in the Sky order (fcuked up). You could edit the bouquets after though, but the next time you run Autobouquets it will put them back. Once a month is probably enough to run Autobouquets, but there are big changes coming later this year with the new satellite launching.

No, the idea of Autobouquets is that you have them in the Sky order (fcuked up). You could edit the bouquets after though, but the next time you run Autobouquets it will put them back. Once a month is probably enough to run Autobouquets, but there are big changes coming later this year with the new satellite launching.
    What is changing with the new satellite?? Hope not too much if you know what I mean...

What is changing with the new satellite?? Hope not too much if you know what I mean...

Channels will be moving to the new satellite. It's an ongoing thing as they replace the old satellites
    http://www.astra2.org/astra2.html

Channels also move all the time, Some are moved to make room for new HD channels. Then last week a few music channels went Free to Air and were dropped from the Irish Epg http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056916883

Channels will be moving to the new satellite. It's an ongoing thing as they replace the old satellites
    http://www.astra2.org/astra2.html

Channels also move all the time, Some are moved to make room for new HD channels. Then last week a few music channels went Free to Air and were dropped from the Irish Epg http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056916883

Ah that's ok.. I'm used to having discovery hd as 520 from old sky. I presumed that if I set autobouquets to hd it would replicate my old system..

• Advertisement

One more question. Whats the best,most stable image file to run on the box?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement