Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Hi all, is there a plugin for rte player and 3 player?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

New version of Enigma2 AR project is released, located here:

https://code.google.com/p/tdt-amiko/downloads/list

Some of the fixes are:
    - fixed web interface authorization crash
    - fixed playback of filepaths bigger then 255
    - increased remote control sensibility
    - fixed artifacts while playing mkv files
    - some kernel optimisations
    - improved 1 service for IPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Hi all, is there a plugin for rte player and 3 player?

TIA
    They are in the firmware thread on this board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

So what's the best price we have on her at the moment?
    With new DVB-T2 tuner all I can find is

€215 + approx €9 delivery
    http://www.eiretv.ie/amiko-alien-2-triple-plus-tuner.html

€215 + €8.50 delivery
    http://www.satworld.ie/product-info.php?Amiko_Alien_2_Triple_Tuner-pid599.html

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

norbert64 wrote: »
    So what's the best price we have on her at the moment?
    With new DVB-T2 tuner all I can find is

€215 + approx €9 delivery
    http://www.eiretv.ie/amiko-alien-2-triple-plus-tuner.html

€215 + €8.50 delivery
    http://www.satworld.ie/product-info.php?Amiko_Alien_2_Triple_Tuner-pid599.html

They are the same company I think. I bought from them and had to return something and found them v helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Apogee wrote: »
    Does this E2 image have native support for the Freesat EPG (e.g. a setting for 'Enable freesat EPG' or similar in 'Setup') like some other E2 images on other boxes? Or can the Freesat EPG only be obtained via CrossEPG?

To answer my own question, the HDMU firmware does indeed have native support for the Freesat EPG, without requiring CrossEPG to be installed. So if the receiver is tuned to any Freesat channel, then after a period of time, the EPG grid is populated with listings. Even if the box has been powered off, then when powered on again, the box will populate the EPG after a few mins.

248990.jpg

One of the advantages of the Freesat EPG over CrossEPG is that it also populates the grid for the radio channels - useful for recording programmes on BBC Radio 4 etc.

248984.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

Am I right in saying the HDMU image does not support playback of .wmv files on this box?
    Have placed them on the drive, but not showing up on Media Centre (.avi, .mp4 etc OK)

Going through the 'play' button rather than the Media Centre makes the .wmv files visible, but they still won't play on this firmware, and even cause the box to crash.

I've found that .wmv files will play on Spark, although audio can be an issue.

Which brings me to another question - can the most up-to-date Spark and HDMU E2 images be installed side by side? Or are you stuck with Spark 1.2.51 if you also wish to run Enigma 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

can the most up-to-date Spark and HDMU E2 images be installed side by side? Or are you stuck with Spark 1.2.51 if you also wish to run Enigma 2??

Spark 1.2.51 was only required to get the e2upgrade plugin. After this, you can go right up to date with Spark 1.2.6x

And so, with the e2upgrade plugin, this allows for an E2 image to be loaded, side by side, with Spark.

You can also use the E2 plugin to make a Backup copy / image of your E2 version. This is great for then trying different versions of E2 - HDMU / OpenPLi / OpenAR-P. I even did a half setup of OpenAR-P, saved it, reloaded HDMU for the family to use, came back and reloaded my incomplete OpenAR-P and did more setup and once again, saved it away before reverting back to HDMU.

I feel that OpenAR-P is a better image than HDMU but half the plugins don't download and so you have to source them elsewhere and manually install them.

Regards
    C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Which brings me to another question - can the most up-to-date Spark and HDMU E2 images be installed side by side? Or are you stuck with Spark 1.2.51 if you also wish to run Enigma 2??
    I dont see why not ,I installed Spark 1.63 at the weekend and I have HDMU installed .
    Cross epg is supposed to work properly in Spark 1.63 but I havent checked it yet.

If I run timeshift in HDMU and press stop it stops the Timeshift despite I have it set up to show a warning when timeshift is stopped .Is this a bug ?

I saw on another forum that you can put some tin foil inside the remote to improve its range .Anyone tried it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Zardoz wrote: »
    I saw on another forum that you can put some tin foil inside the remote to improve its range .Anyone tried it ?

Explain that one better or link to it

championc wrote: »
    I feel that OpenAR-P is a better image than HDMU but half the plugins don't download and so you have to source them elsewhere and manually install them.

Plugins in the list wont download or they're not available for download?
    Can you be a bit more specific what plugins, I'll try fix that for you.

zakalibit wrote: »
    Plugins in the list wont download or they're not available for download?
    Can you be a bit more specific what plugins, I'll try fix that for you.

Certainly openwebif wouldn't work so i removed it and tried to install webinterface but it wouldn't download and install nor would oscam. I think the vlc plugin wouldn't download either.

The lack of a preview of skins drove me off to looking for a copy of PLiHD skin to manually install.

I manually got and installed crossepg and cooltvguide and autoboquets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I keep getting an error when I try and run Autobouquets:

"Execution progress
    /bin/sh:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/autobouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh: not found
    Execution finished!"

I reinstalled HDMU but keep getting the same error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I'm really loving my Alien. Got it on Wednesday and used Pog's excellent tutorial to set it up yesterday. It streams perfectly to my other wireless devices (SD only,naturally) and can access my 8tb NAS drives. To any of the readers of this thread who are still on the fence about buying one I say...DO IT..now!:p

For the money it just can't be beat. :)

• Advertisement

T0MMY wrote: »
    I keep getting an error when I try and run Autobouquets:

"Execution progress
    /bin/sh:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/autobouquets/autobouquets_e2.sh: not found
    Execution finished!"

I reinstalled HDMU but keep getting the same error.

Have you ftp'd into that directory to make sure that the file is in fact present there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Zardoz wrote: »

I have another device that reacts to the Alien remote even if it is in a totally different direction. This would imply that the remote IS sending a good signal but the box is relatively blind. Messing up your remote wont change that.

On the subject of remotes...I noticed this Logitech Harmony 650 on BA...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056924313

Might be worth a punt at €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have another device that reacts to the Alien remote even if it is in a totally different direction. This would imply that the remote IS sending a good signal but the box is relatively blind. Messing up your remote wont change that.

Maybe modifying the box with similar approach would allow it to capture more light ? So do it on both ends. remote and box.

listermint wrote: »
    Maybe modifying the box with similar approach would allow it to capture more light ? So do it on both ends. remote and box.

Not sure on the spark firmware, but on enigma change all eps values to a bigger value 45 in /etc/lircd.conf, 50 I found a bit instable on some GM boxes, this will increase IR receiver sensibility on the box.

• Advertisement

Nforce wrote: »
    Have you ftp'd into that directory to make sure that the file is in fact present there?

I ftp'd the folder in as per pog's guide. The plug in is there but it won't run. Do I need to ftp something else. I'm trying to do fta with custom channels. Thanks.

Certainly openwebif wouldn't work so i removed it and tried to install webinterface but it wouldn't download and install nor would oscam. I think the vlc plugin wouldn't download either.

The lack of a preview of skins drove me off to looking for a copy of PLiHD skin to manually install.

I manually got and installed crossepg and cooltvguide and autoboquets.

Is that on the latest firmware release? as I know that oscam works fine there, not sure what you mean under "openwebif wouldn't work", I'll check the vlc and see what can be done with other things.

As well you can contribute by reporting issues here https://code.google.com/p/tdt-amiko/issues/list

I ftp'd the folder in as per pog's guide. The plug in is there but it won't run. Do I need to ftp something else. I'm trying to do fta with custom channels. Thanks.

I followed Pog's guide to the letter. I didn't try the newer March '13 Autoboquet though, but the one he linked to that is supposedly less problematic. Is that the one you've installed?

Nforce wrote: »
    I followed Pog's guide to the letter. I didn't try the newer March '13 Autoboquet though, but the one he linked to that is supposedly less problematic. Is that the one you've installed?

yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

yes!

Have you done a manual scan on one transponder first. Autobouquets needs to tune into a channel on 28deg east in order to work. By the way I find the March 2013 version far superior. Faster and with more options for custom settings.

givecredit wrote: »
    Have you done a manual scan on one transponder first. Autobouquets needs to tune into a channel on 28deg east in order to work. By the way I find the March 2013 version far superior. Faster and with more options for custom settings.

I just did an auto scan. Will try a manual later. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Just want to clarify something. The Crossepg bug, To get around this, after flashing receiver and setting up epg to hdd/usb. leave alone and not configure it again and this gets around the bug??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Not sure on the spark firmware, but on enigma change all eps values to a bigger value 45 in /etc/lircd.conf, 50 I found a bit instable on some GM boxes, this will increase IR receiver sensibility on the box.

Tried the above suggestion and it seems to have made an improvement.
    Nice one :D

givecredit wrote: »
    Just want to clarify something. The Crossepg bug, To get around this, after flashing receiver and setting up epg to hdd/usb. leave alone and not configure it again and this gets around the bug??

There is no problem opening the plugin options, but don't open configure again once you've set it. Check the path you're saving to is set right in the config in /var/crossepg/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

trying to install permanenttimeshift plug in via tmp folder, all i'm getting is, "Done- Installed upgraded or removed 0 packages".

TIA

• Advertisement

stanley1 wrote: »
    trying to install permanenttimeshift plug in via tmp folder, all i'm getting is, "Done- Installed upgraded or removed 0 packages".

TIA

are you selecting the plug in to install? Should be a green tick beside it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

ok, thanks, forgot about green tick mark.

Regarding the OpenAR-P image, I'm giving it another go now but it doesn't see my USB HDD. Any idea zakalibit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

Has anyone here done a Spark factory reset? I don't use Spark at all, but I'd like to install the plugin that will allow a full E2 backup, and I made a real mess of my Spark install by throwing every plugin known to man at it, while I was trying to get Oscam working.

Just want to be sure that resetting Spark won't mess up my E2 setup before I have it backed up!

Regarding the OpenAR-P image, I'm giving it another go now but it doesn't see my USB HDD. Any idea zakalibit ?

Have your tried HddManager plugin?

Stupid question - how do you delete old recordings with remote?
    My Mac won't mount ext disks.

Thanks

Stop using the HDMU Media Centre to play them, just open the player with the play button, there is an option to delete there

I would need to see the output from a telnet console of the following commands after you connect your USB drive:

~# dmesg

~# lsusb

~# mount

As well I'd need to know the brand of your USB drive.

I would need to see the output from a telnet console of the following commands after you connect your USB drive:

~# dmesg

~# lsusb

~# mount

As well I'd need to know the brand of your USB drive.

My bad - HDD wasn't quite connected so once I had the light on the drive, everything works fine.

However, back to the plugins - I cannot get any copy of CoolTVGuide to install. With both oe1.6 and 2.0, I'm getting Bad Magic Number.

From the Plugins Menu, I tried installing AutoTimer too and it says Extensions/AutoTimer(No module named Screenpage) in the plugins section.

And as for CrossEPG, I'm struggling to get this to work. Mind you, I failed to get it working on HDMU too so it's maybe something i'm doing / not doing

Regards
    C

• Advertisement

oe 1.6 is pythin 2.6 while oe 2.0 is python 2.7, if a plugin was compiled for either version it wont work on the other, so bad magic number you shuld get just on one of them.

I'll clarify the situation about these plugins with AR-P team and come back to you later.

Here is the latest CoolTVGuide for OE2.0 sh4, I have not gone trough all features, but the first impression is "is working"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21680036/G%D0%9C990/enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V6.4.0_sh4.ipk

I'll try to add it to the standard AR-P plugin feed.

From the Plugins Menu, I tried installing AutoTimer too and it says Extensions/AutoTimer(No module named Screenpage) in the plugins section.

It has a dependency on webinterface plugin, install webinterface ad try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

Hi guys,

In your opinion, how does this OpenAR-P image compare to the HDMU image? Is it more stable? More responsive? Or just about the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Had an issue with recording so decided to reformat my USB key but now when I try to run mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1, its not working.

Getting "mkfs.ext3: No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem size"

The box is seeing the usb key when I go into hardisk in menu though. Its a kingston Datatravel 8Gb key

Any ideas?

Why do you think that your USB drive will appear as /dev/sda1 ? did you check what dmesg says?

• Advertisement

zefer wrote: »
    Had an issue with recording so decided to reformat my USB key but now when I try to run mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1, its not working.

Getting "mkfs.ext3: No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem size"

The box is seeing the usb key when I go into hardisk in menu though. Its a kingston Datatravel 8Gb key

Any ideas?

Is it mounted as sda2 or some other? It should be listed at the end the output of the "mount" command.

You could format it to fat32 in Windows and try to mount and format it to ext3 again with the box.

Why do you think that your USB drive will appear as /dev/sda1 ? did you check what dmesg says?

if I run dmesg I get "dmesg: klogctl: Function not implemented" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bennybongo87

can you give a little more info on this or upload an updated version on the file with better values?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Is it mounted as sda2 or some other? It should be listed at the end the output of the "mount" command.

You could format it to fat32 in Windows and try to mount and format it to ext3 again with the box.

where do I check that?

I have it formatted to fat32 in windows and when I try initialize it with box, I get "initializing storage device...Error: Timeout elapsed, sorry" error

ahh ok I guess you're on hdmu image

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement