Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

championc wrote: »
    I could not get the EPG button to remember it was using CoolTVGuide :(

We found the problem it is in the t/usr/local/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

change
    	<map context="InfobarEPGActions">
    		<!--key id="KEY_EPG" mapto="showEventInfo" flags="m" /-->
    		<key id="KEY_EPG" mapto="showEventInfoPlugin" flags="m" />
    	</map>

to
    	<map context="InfobarEPGActions">
    		<key id="KEY_EPG" mapto="showEventInfo" flags="m" />
    		<!--key id="KEY_EPG" mapto="showEventInfoPlugin" flags="m" /-->
    	</map>

So that will make it remember it for you, we'll put a proper fix in the next AR-P build, as well we'll have to find out the reason of that initial change

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

PLi-HD v3.0 skin, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, CrossEPG, AutoBoquets, OSCam, OpenWebIf (I've set it to port 50080 so you can change it back to port 80

C

Hi there - can I ask you how you installed Pli HD skin on AR-P image? I downloaded the ipk from here http://openpli.org/forums/topic/23150-pli-hd-m-mod-20/page-4, but it will not install for me... thanks

Could I ask you stop complaining that something does not work for you, instead try to describe the problem, give us the error message, steps taken, image type hdmu/ar-p etc and so on, nobody has a crystal ball here to see why things do not work for you.

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

zakalibit wrote: »
    We found the problem it is in the t/usr/local/share/enigma2/keymap.xml
    You are developing AR P?

Don't even have a box, just curious.

You are developing AR P?

Don't even have a box, just curious.

Yes, contributing when have time and knowledge of a specific area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

when i change hdd, do i need to change anything with cross epg ?

• Site Banned Posts: 256 ✭✭Dr Silly Bollox MD

Yes, contributing when have time and knowledge of a specific area.
    How get involved in that? Volunteer in a google group or something?

Could I ask you stop complaining that something does not work for you, instead try to describe the problem, give us the error message, steps taken, image type hdmu/ar-p etc and so on, nobody has a crystal ball here to see why things do not work for you.

not sure if this was aimed at my last post, but if so apologies I didn't mean to come across as complaining - I did specify that I am on ARP, and I downloaded the PLi HD skin ipk from the link above, then ftp'd into the tmp folder, chmod the file to 755, and tried to install it using the Media Scanner plugin. However when I try that, it says "done - installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages (with 0 errors)"

Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help much appreciated

Thanks

How get involved in that? Volunteer in a google group or something?

There are many ways :) try at least to build the firmware from the repository an try to install it on a receiver, get familiar with the code and so on, it is all about your curiosity and initiative :) get involved on forums, let say pli ones and it'll start rolling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

cool_cat wrote: »
    not sure if this was aimed at my last post, but if so apologies I didn't mean to come across as complaining - I did specify that I am on ARP, and I downloaded the PLi HD skin ipk from the link above, then ftp'd into the tmp folder, chmod the file to 755, and tried to install it using the Media Scanner plugin. However when I try that, it says "done - installed, upgraded or removed 0 packages (with 0 errors)"

Not sure what I am doing wrong, any help much appreciated

Thanks

You have to select the file to install. You should get a green tick beside it.

• Advertisement

not sure if this was aimed at my last post

That was in general, as I'm trying to follow the thread and try help when I can and I have time, as well I use it for AR-P team feedback.

T0MMY wrote: »
    You have to select the file to install. You should get a green tick beside it.

Yes I did that as well - sorry forgot to say it in my last post. Also the full name of the file I am using is enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-m-mod_3.0d_mips32el.ipk, not sure of that might be the wrong one as there was a few on the thread linked to in an earlier post (http://openpli.org/forums/topic/23150-pli-hd-m-mod-20/page-4)

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

after mounting hdd, saying no hdd found or hdd not initialized

this might help, dutch to me!

Allocating group tables: done
    Writing inode tables: done
    Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: done

dhcppc2:~# cd /autofs/sda1
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# mkdir movie
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# iting inode tables: done
    -sh: iting: not found
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# Creating journal (32768 blocks): done
    -sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1# Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:
    done
    -sh: Writing: not found
    dhcppc2:/autofs/sda1#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Is the 3player app working for others in HDMU?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Not me on HDMU_10881. No program will play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Yes I did that as well - sorry forgot to say it in my last post. Also the full name of the file I am using is enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-m-mod_3.0d_mips32el.ipk, not sure of that might be the wrong one as there was a few on the thread linked to in an earlier post (http://openpli.org/forums/topic/23150-pli-hd-m-mod-20/page-4)

Cheers

7-zip extract the ipk and then 7-zip extract the data.tar file and you'll get familiar folders which you can then ftp to your box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Is anyone using the golden media triplex from sat-planet? Will pogs guide and the same images work etc.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes, it's the same box. Get the latest HDMU image though

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, it's the same box. Get the latest HDMU image though

Thanks for that, just saved me a few Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Cool TV Guide 6.4

In the s/ware downloads this software is there. In the zip file there are 2 folders, Plugins and Components.
    Do I just put (ftp) the CoolTVGuide folder (buried in the Plugins folder) into Extensions on my box.
    Where does the Components folder go?

Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

I'm on the latest version of HDMU. I have a collection of MP4 videos and they play alright on the box. However, when I pause most of the time the box stops responding. The circle indicating that the box is busy appears on the upper left corner and never goes away. The box doesn't react no matter what button you press on the box. The only way to get the box back is by turning it off and on with the switch at the back. It doesn't always happen, but happens most of the time. I have no problems pausing any recording I've made (files with .ts extension), the video is paused and when I press play or pause again, the video resumes smoothly. I've only seen this issue with MP4 videos so far.

Is it a known issue that MP4 videos are not very well supported? Could I convert those MP4 videos into .ts? Any other workarounds?

7-zip extract the ipk and then 7-zip extract the data.tar file and you'll get familiar folders which you can then ftp to your box

Alternatively just make that ipk available to me (dropbox?), as I'm too lazy registering on pli forums, so I'll make a sh4 version of that ipk.

Alternatively just make that ipk available to me (dropbox?), as I'm too lazy registering on pli forums, so I'll make a sh4 version of that ipk.

Here you go - hope that's the right one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25907004/enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-m-mod_3.0d_mips32el.ipk

Thanks!

here you go https://bitbucket.org/arevet/enigma2-sh4-plugins/wiki/Home
    as a bonus I created the latest from git build of the PLiHD image.

Thank you. It seems to have installed fine this time, I can't reboot yet as I have a recording in progress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hello

I've read through loads of posts on here about Linux boxes and Spark and Enigma Images. There seem to be a lot of helpful people on this forum which is great but I am clueless about Linux satellite boxes and some of the posts on here read like a daunting cryptic language. I don't have a Sky subscription... the Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner interests me because I'd like to combine the Saorview channels with the free to air Satellite channels from just 28.2° East so I can watch one and record another in any combination... Satellite/Satellite or Saorview/Satellite.

My Question:
    Is there a stable Spark and/or Enigma "Image" that can configure an Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner box in a reliable way to combine Saorview Channels with the free Astra Satellite channels? If so then which would be better: Spark or Enigma and where could I get it? Stability and reliability are the most important to me.

Thanks alot!

Flex

Hi Flex

I was new to this 2 months ago and have learnt so much thanks to the guys on this forum, and my goal was exactly the same as yours, a simple and stable system, no oscam/cards, but with good local streaming support (i.e. watch live tv on iphone/android from anywhere in the house while someone else is using the box, aka "wireless multiroom"). My experience is that the AR-P image is the most stable, I am using it on a Golden Media Triplex box which is the same as the Alien 2 just branded differently and cheaper (not a clone though, it's made in the same factory). I am hoping to back it up soon and publish it here. The last thing I need is the Pli HD skin and Autotimer (aka series link), can't get it to work yet so as soon as I do I will publish the image

This time when I installed your ipk file through media scanner it said "Done - installed, upgraded or removed 1 package (with 0 errors)"

I thought this was a god sign, but the skin is not available in the skin menu, even after rebooting

Not to worry, I can research it a bit more, not sure what is going on.

Thanks again

Hi Flex

I was new to this 2 months ago and have learnt so much thanks to the guys on this forum, and my goal was exactly the same as yours, a simple and stable system, no oscam/cards, but with good local streaming support (i.e. watch live tv on iphone/android from anywhere in the house while someone else is using the box, aka "wireless multiroom"). My experience is that the AR-P image is the most stable, I am using it on a Golden Media Triplex box which is the same as the Alien 2 just branded differently and cheaper (not a clone though, it's made in the same factory). I am hoping to back it up soon and publish it here. The last thing I need is the Pli HD skin and Autotimer (aka series link), can't get it to work yet so as soon as I do I will publish the image

Thanks man ordering one of these today, look forward to trying your image fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

My box wakes up (even from deep standby) to do a timed recording, but it doesn't switch off afterwards. Is that normal? Is there a way to get it to turn off?

Thanks

This time when I installed your ipk file through media scanner it said "Done - installed, upgraded or removed 1 package (with 0 errors)"

I thought this was a god sign, but the skin is not available in the skin menu, even after rebooting

Not to worry, I can research it a bit more, not sure what is going on.

Thanks again

After extracting the data.tar file, you get the usr folder and within it you have lib and share

Use Filezilla and drop lib and share into the usr directory on your box. Filezilla will slot all files from all directories in your source into the correct directories in your destination.

So you do not have to go down through the whole structure and copy files one by one or directory by directory

The structure is

usr / lib / enigma2 / python / components / converter
    usr / lib / enigma2 / python / components / renderer

usr / share / enigma2 / python / PLi-HD-mod / border
    usr / share / enigma2 / python / PLi-HD-mod / buttons
    usr / share / enigma2 / python / PLi-HD-mod / dvr
    usr / share / enigma2 / python / PLi-HD-mod / many more

you do not need to do any of that, just issue following command in a telnet session

ipkg install --force-overwrite enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-m-mod_3.0d_all.ipk

of cause you'll have to ftp the ipk to your box fisrt

ass well try enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-170413_all.ipk, I could not see a fundamental difference from the modded one.

you do not need to do any of that, just issue following command in a telnet session

ipkg install --force-overwrite enigma2-plugin-skins-pli-hd-m-mod_3.0d_all.ipk

of cause you'll have to ftp the ipk to your box fisrt

That worked thanks very much - all I need now is to get autotimer to work, not sure if anyone has managed to do that on AR-P yet?

That worked thanks very much - all I need now is to get autotimer to work, not sure if anyone has managed to do that on AR-P yet?

Is ARP-P different to HDMU?

• Advertisement

Is ARP-P different to HDMU?

the same base line with their own improvements and other bells and wistless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I'm thinking of buying an Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner and was hoping people could tell me how exactly they've set theirs up? Specifically I'm interested to hear from people who are connecting a double coaxial cable from a fixed satellite dish pointed at Astra 28E AND a separate coaxial feed from a UHF/Saorview aerial into the three tuners.

I want to use the box like that.. to receive just the free to air satellite channels from the dish and the Saorview channels from an aerial... no Sky subscription card, oscam, card sharing or what have you.

My main goal is to be able to watch one satellite channel and record another satellite channel at the same time. But also of course a Saorview/Satellite Channel combination too.

Does the Amiko A2 do that straight out of the box or do I need to install all these extra "Images" and plug-ins?

Cheers!

cool_cat thanks for the reply and the offer to share your Amiko configuration when it's all up and running perfectly. Do you have an aerial & dish connected to your box or just a dish?

Flex, I think I speak for us ALL when I say that we all bought this unit because it connects to both Terrestrial and Satellite simultaneously and seamlessly.

T0MMY wrote: »
    My box wakes up (even from deep standby) to do a timed recording, but it doesn't switch off afterwards. Is that normal? Is there a way to get it to turn off?

Thanks

When you set a timer you have this option in the timer settings (after event), default (auto) is do nothing when finished. You'll have to edit the timer as/after you create it.

FlexMcMurphy, it's not an off the shelf box. All the info you need is in this very thread, you'll have to put in the time and digest some of it and all your questions will be answered

Will a USB 3 Drive work with this box?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm using one. The box interface is usb 2.0 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes, I'm using one. The box interface is usb 2.0 though

I can also confirm USB 3.0 HDD's work perfectly on the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Probably not for in here but my brother in law just got a letter of a price increase from UPC and also a notice of a change in T&C from June 28th 2013.
    20.5 Certain programme providers require a unique identifier to be displayed on their programmes and/or Events. Should a programme provider suspect that their programmes or Events are being used illegally they may provide this identifier to Us in order for Us to identify whether or not you are using the programme or Event in accordance with your television subscription. You consent to UPC processing the unique identifier in this way.

Something's going on :(

Many streams originate from abroad. And if you stream from a satellite box, then you cannot get a different ident in each country.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Does the Amiko A2 do that straight out of the box or do I need to install all these extra "Images" and plug-ins?

Cheers!

cool_cat thanks for the reply and the offer to share your Amiko configuration when it's all up and running perfectly. Do you have an aerial & dish connected to your box or just a dish?

You can run the Spark operating system "out of the box" to do this but it does not have the 7 day epg, You need Enigma2 (image/plugin) to do that.

There are several "flavours" of Enigma2- HDMU is the one in Pogs guide, there is AR-P which cool_cat is using but I haven't tried yet, there is also a Satstation version of enigma which is available on another forum (http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/forum.php if I am allowed to link) - there might be others but I haven't come across them

I am using it as you suggest for saorview and free to air satellite at 28E (often called the Freesat channels), I can record and watch different channels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I noticed last night that strangely I couldnt watch any other channel when I was recording something. Worked last week when I got recording setup on usb key.
    Will do a few tests tonight to see if it continues.. Very odd though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Are these the same as Amiko Alien 2 or a cheaper version/clone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQHL8s80Gg8

€45 cheaper than the Alien2 in some places

Leiva wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Leiva wrote: »

As discussed earlier in this thread - yes they are the same machine with a different box.

I have this in the DVB-T2 version

I have a brand new triplex alien2, that is no use to me (too many tuners), I might consider selling it for a reasonable price, ping me if interested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement