Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I bought wisemurfs box off him last week, havent got to play with it too much but it seems pretty nice.

I think its running a version of HDMU that is a few months old, is it worth holding off another bit before installing something new on it?

Also while using it at the weekend I was getting variable level of performance depending on the channel I was on. On Sunday I was watching a local Gaelic match in HD and it was perfect then I switched over to a local Soccer derby and it was very, eh, cut in and outy. Is this the studder people talk about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

I bought wisemurfs box off him last week, havent got to play with it too much but it seems pretty nice.

I think its running a version of HDMU that is a few months old, is it worth holding off another bit before installing something new on it?

Also while using it at the weekend I was getting variable level of performance depending on the channel I was on. On Sunday I was watching a local Gaelic match in HD and it was perfect then I switched over to a local Soccer derby and it was very, eh, cut in and outy. Is this the studder people talk about?

I assume the "Local" derby match wasn't in Athlone !!!

The HD Juddering is when the picture starts to go like slow motion but fast. You can end up seeing double images. Turn your mouse settings on your PC to leave a trail and that is sort of what it's like.

Sounds like you have a problem with your line provider so talk to him about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

championc wrote: »
    NO

If you click on Favourites on the right, you are then amending the contents of Favourites in the middle. If you want to re-arrange Sports, click sports on the right and you'll then see the sports channels listed in the middle

So you drag NOTHING to the right. On the right is your Bouquets (channel groups)

Geddit ?

OK.

So let me get this straight...Whatever I configure in the middle is what will only show in the channel listings after I upload the file back over to the A2?

Whatever I configure in the middle is what will only show in the channel listings FOR THAT BOUQUET after I upload the file back over to the A2

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    If you could that would be a great, I suspect it could be a problem with CrossEPG or autobouquet.

I am sorry man, my recording didn't go through last night, some problem with the hard drive.

Going to try again later and will get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

reaper12 wrote: »
    I am sorry man, my recording didn't go through last night, some problem with the hard drive.

Going to try again later and will get back to you.

I reverted back to h2 for now but if you manage to set up a few timers I may give it another go. Would be great to have the sports Judder free.

Will do, I couldn't go back to the juddering mess the other images are at the moment.

hopefully they will get a fix soon :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I assume the "Local" derby match wasn't in Athlone !!!

The HD Juddering is when the picture starts to go like slow motion but fast. You can end up seeing double images. Turn your mouse settings on your PC to leave a trail and that is sort of what it's like.

Sounds like you have a problem with your line provider so talk to him about it.

Surely your not talking about the mighty Rod squad, taking the first division by storm! Ah no, it was local to someone though ..

Yeah I thought as much, but I thought it was odd seeing as the GAA was perfect.

Any thoughts on when to upgrade or is it worth holding off a few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Surely your not talking about the mighty Rod squad, taking the first division by storm! Ah no, it was local to someone though ..

Yeah I thought as much, but I thought it was odd seeing as the GAA was perfect.

Any thoughts on when to upgrade or is it worth holding off a few days?

No point now, give it a week to wait for a judder fix

No positive noises coming from the PKT camp I'm afraid. Since their Polish followers don't have any requirement for the judder fix in Poland, it seems they are in no hurry to incorporate it into a new version and I reckon that they will only do it as and when they have the use of some other enhancement.

• Advertisement

No positive noises coming from the PKT camp I'm afraid. Since their Polish followers don't have any requirement for the judder fix in Poland, it seems they are in no hurry to incorporate it into a new version and I reckon that they will only do it as and when they have the use of some other enhancement.

Much the same as the HDMU team being German have no interest

So in the mean time what arw folk doing to get around this judder problem and is it unique to amiko/enigma2??

Does the vu+ range of stb be effected (solo2, duo2)

Agueroooo wrote: »
    So in the mean time what arw folk doing to get around this judder problem and is it unique to amiko/enigma2??

Does the vu+ range of stb be effected (solo2, duo2)

Yeah its just the AA2 and golden media Triplex running e2 that's affected. If you have a full hd TV you can set it to 1080p with refresh rate of 25 instead of 50. That kind of solves the problem although the picture is not as clear as the refresh rate is halved. The other option is to use a different image. The only e2 image that has a Judder fix is an open PLi one(linked to a few pages back) but it has a few different glitches of its own and imo isn't as good as Hyperion2 or open arp images.

I reverted back to h2 for now but if you manage to set up a few timers I may give it another go. Would be great to have the sports Judder free.

I set a few auto timers this evening on itv hd and they recorded fine :-)

The only e2 image that has a Judder fix is an open PLi one(linked to a few pages back) but it has a few different glitches of its own and imo isn't as good as Hyperion2 or open arp images.

I am using the yellowking open pli image with the judder fix and finding it the best image i have used so far. But then again i am only watching tv and recording, haven't used any of the other features.

Seems like it's not only the aa2 that has Judder problems.

The nbox 5800s twin tuner has the same problem and a poster on Linux sat seems to have cracked it. Would anyone be feeling daring enough to try incorporate this into Hyperion2 image. For all I know the files would be completely different but maybe someone could have a look?

Nbox judder fix : http://linuxsat-support.com/nbox-5800s-sx-hd-channel-list-plugins-skins/36855-judder-free-hd-nbox-5800s-sx-any-resolution.html

Tried it but no joy. Just causes a boot loop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

It seems to me that the judder fix is known but why don't these teams apply this fix to the TDT repository ... then a multiple of teams could then use the fix in their images whether their users need it or not.

Seems like it's not only the aa2 that has Judder problems.

The nbox 5800s twin tuner has the same problem and a poster on Linux sat seems to have cracked it. Would anyone be feeling daring enough to try incorporate this into Hyperion2 image. For all I know the files would be completely different but maybe someone could have a look?

Nbox judder fix : http://linuxsat-support.com/nbox-5800s-sx-hd-channel-list-plugins-skins/36855-judder-free-hd-nbox-5800s-sx-any-resolution.html

There's still a possibility with this if anyone is able to try - the rcS file is COMPLETELY different so that's a non-runner but the way the player2.ko file is called is identical to the way it's called from our current rcS so it is possible that simply overwriting the player2.ko file may provide the fix.

• Advertisement

There's still a possibility with this if anyone is able to try - the rcS file is COMPLETELY different so that's a non-runner but the way the player2.ko file is called is identical to the way it's called from our current rcS so it is possible that simply overwriting the player2.ko file may provide the fix.

Tried and just got stuck on boot, I guess we'll just have to wait.

I'm going to crack on so with building a full OpenPLi image with the same plugins as in Hyperion. My hope is to basically merge the two so having the functionality of PLi but the looks of Hyperion.

I love the BluePanel in Hyperion and my god, that top left corner logo in PLi is absolutely awful.

Of course, everyone wants this yesterday so please be patient :)

is it normal to have gaps in the epg?

eg: when i pull up the guide there are many channels with no info.

I have ran epg numerous times, but still no luck.

image:hyperion2

Yeah I have gaps in mine. I think its normal as they are the channel numbers with no channels if you know what I mean. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Thanks to all those that give their time for free. Am wondering if any mods reading this thread would consider creating a sticky. Things to be included would be links to the latest working image, how to FTP, which memory stick to buy, known issues and work arounds etc.

We are fast approaching 200 pages now and it sure is hard finding useful stuff.

reaper12 wrote: »
    Yeah I have gaps in mine. I think its normal as they are the channel numbers with no channels if you know what I mean. :-)

yes and no

I have working channels with not epg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

basill wrote: »
    Thanks to all those that give their time for free. Am wondering if any mods reading this thread would consider creating a sticky. Things to be included would be links to the latest working image, how to FTP, which memory stick to buy, known issues and work arounds etc.

We are fast approaching 200 pages now and it sure is hard finding useful stuff.

There is an Alien 2 firmware thread already with alot of what you mention on it,but I suspect people arent bothering to read it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056882713

yes and no

I have working channels with not epg?

Oh, for example, you have bbc1 channel with no info in the epg?

In the crossepg settings are you saving to internal flash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Does anybody know if there is an issue with watching IPTV channels in TS Media 3.2? I usually just use TS Media for the movies and net tv sections and also the radio section. I often use Veetle too. Occasionally I also look at some of the IPTV channels (particularly the US ones)

Havnt been in the IPTV section for a few weeks but was off work today so decided to check out a few channels. None of them are coming on though. The channel name is not even coming up on the display on the box. All other sections on TS Media are working fine though.

In addition I have different IPTV bouquets that I got from running the IPTV list updater 1.0. plugin. None of those channels are coming on either. Is there some setting that I might have accidentally turned off?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Thanks Zardoz hence why a sticky would be great. Didn't know it was there. It'd the usual problem with forums, most people gravitate to the front page only and wouldn't be expecting there to be two Amiko threads.

Great image, fixes the judder problem and dare I say it as responsive as Hyperion2. Only thing I can't get working on it is streaming channels. Anything else I've thrown at it seems to work fine.

If anyone wants a copy of my image you can find it here.

Image includes 1channel, Alternative Softcam Manager, Oscam (blank), Autobouquets e2, Autoshutdown, Autotimer, Cool TvGuide, CrossEPG, Enhanced Movie Center, OpenWebif(streaming not working), Permanent timeshift,RTE Player, TsMedia, Virtual Zap and a few more bits.

I think I've cracked the Streaming :) Copy the OpenWebIf and WebInterface folders from the Hyperion over the top of the folders in OpenPLi (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions) and Bingo, it worked for me last night.

I never thought that streaming would just be down to the OpenWebIf. I had assumed there were other core components at play here.

• Advertisement

Great image, fixes the judder problem and dare I say it as responsive as Hyperion2. Only thing I can't get working on it is streaming channels. Anything else I've thrown at it seems to work fine.

Yeah, it's a great image, I would like to be able to change some of the button layouts on the remote and will get around to working out how to do it sometime, but for the moment it's good just to be able to watch TV and not trick with the settings and whatnot :D

I think I've cracked the Streaming :) Copy the OpenWebIf and WebInterface folders from the Hyperion over the top of the folders in OpenPLi (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions) and Bingo, it worked for me last night.

I never thought that streaming would just be down to the OpenWebIf. I had assumed there were other core components at play here.

Can I have a copy please or does TechGuys link above have it all?

Can I have a copy please or does TechGuys link above have it all?

I updated my link so streaming is working in mine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Will load image when I get home, what is username and password for FTP etc

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Will load image when I get home, what is username and password for FTP etc

Ftp Username:root
    Password:root

Oscam username:root
    Password:oscam

Note: no line included in image.

Installed the Hybrid and can confirm no judder, it's working fine so far in the little while I tested. Next to figure how to change boot animation and activity spinners as they are the only thing annoying me

Where and how can I mount my hdd using the above image which I have flashed my box with.

There is no bluepanel so I cant seem to find a hdd mount manager anywhere.

Streaming does not work on that Hybrid, Openwebif works, I can web login from laptop or phone but cannot stream to either.

Where and how can I mount my hdd using the above image which I have flashed my box with.

There is no bluepanel so I cant seem to find a hdd mount manager anywhere.

It automounts it to /media/hdd. The bluepanel is unique to Hyperion

smee again wrote: »
    It automounts it to /media/hdd. The bluepanel is unique to Hyperion

Hdd is hooked up but not automounting. It did on hyperion

• Advertisement

Hdd is hooked up but not automounting. It did on hyperion

Mine did, is it formatted ext3? Can you see your files in /media/hdd using FTP? When you play do you see your recorded files?

Mine did, is it formatted ext3? Can you see your files in /media/hdd using FTP? When you play do you see your recorded files?

Yep its ext3
    Yep I can see old recordings in the file explorer on main menu.
    But when I try record etc it tells me not mounted

Edit /etc/fstab

add the following which will automount the usb disk

/dev/sda1 /hdd auto defaults 0 0

Streaming does not work on that Hybrid, Openwebif works, I can web login from laptop or phone but cannot stream to either.

I have it streaming but its suffering a bit of rippling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

I have the same issue with my hdd.
    I also edited fstab and and verified that the hdd would mount to \media\hdd using the mount -a command in putty, however it never auto mounts on reboot of the box.

My hard drive is picked up as sda5.
    The work around for me was to change the default location of the hdd in the recording paths tab under system settings. I changed the recording path to autofs/sda5.

I can stream the channel that's playing on TV, but not a different channel

For those having hdd problems, there's a mount manager if you press blue

Figured the streaming, tuner c was never setup, disabled. Set it as equal to tuner b and streaming works.
    Anyone know how to change the bootlogo or spinner?

Sorry guys, jumped the gun. I can stream a channel from the same transponder, but not from another one. I can stream a Soarview channel while a sat channel is playing, just cannnot two sat channels from different transponders. I've also set a recording on tuner b and tried changing channel but the second sat channel on tuner c does not work. It's a problem with the second sat tuner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JORY

I have tested this and it works, but it doesn't save the mount settings after a reboot of the box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement