Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

is there a way to series link and automatically record a certain program whenever it is on?

also how do i set my remote so if i miss something then i can simply press left arrow (beside ok) to rewind?

the above items are available on my upc remote which im looking to give same features to wife before i switch fully over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Agueroooo wrote: »
    is there a way to series link and automatically record a certain program whenever it is on?

also how do i set my remote so if i miss something then i can simply press left arrow (beside ok) to rewind?

the above items are available on my upc remote which im looking to give same features to wife before i switch fully over

Autotimer will allow you to set up timers for series.

Assuming you have permanent timeshift installed and enabled multi button in championcs Hyperion2 image should allow you program the remote but I haven't done it myself so I can't tell you if it works for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Can anyone still running OpenPLi please PM me with the text contents of /etc/init.d/rcS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭John G

Can the Hyperion image use a usb wifi dongle for web access in place of a Lan connection? I can't see wireless networks as an option under setup. Any pointers appreciated

Not sure - maybe it only appears when the device is detected

John G wrote: »
    Can the Hyperion image use a usb wifi dongle for web access in place of a Lan connection? I can't see wireless networks as an option under setup. Any pointers appreciated

There is wifi setup in the blue panel, have you had a look there? I use a cable so that's as much as I know on the wifi side of things.

Tried going back to the old AR-P image and can see W-Lan (WiFi) as an option. Pity. It rules me out of using Hyperion unless I change some hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Tried going back to the old AR-P image and can see W-Lan (WiFi) as an option. Pity. It rules me out of using Hyperion unless I change some hardware.

You're better off having the Alien2 connected directly to your router. I was able to run cable between the two but if that's not practical homeplugs are fairly cheap and will give a much better connection than a wifi dongle.

Flex

Can recommend these home plugs. Bought them about a month ago and never had a problem with them
    http://m.dabs.ie/products/tp-link-av200-200mbps-nano-powerline-adapter-starter-kit-7KJ7.html?q=Power%20plugs%20link&src=16

• Advertisement

Trying out Championcs PKT Image.... I guess it was was set up for a 1080p TV using HDMI. Can anyone give me the series of button presses to get from watching a channel to getting to the AV Menu and switching to Scart? I tried the button presses given out to achieve the same for the AR-P image but they don't work for the PKT.

Cheers,

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

Hi guys... Haven't been following this thread for a long time. I'm currently running a rather old HDMU image I installed using pog's guide (which I've been keeping up to date via the software update interface). But from what I've been reading, it looks like championc's Hyperion-2 image is the best image right now. I'm seriously considering reflashing using this image, but I just wanted to ask:

1. Has the judder problem been solved in the image posted on this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056882713&page=3
    or do I need to patch it somehow after downloading?

2. How stable is this image compared with HDMU? Less reboots/crashes or about the same? What about lagging? At the moment my HDMU is really, really slow when zapping between channels, especially the terrestrial channels. Even navigating the CoolTVGuide is relatively slow (enough to be annoying).

3. Can you stream 2 different HD satellite channels at the same time? What about 1 terrestrial + 2 satellite channels? If you're watching one channel and streaming another, does the box get slow/less responsive?

Thanks!!

This image was built at 1080p. If you want to use 720p, do the following on the remote after the receiver has fully booted:-
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Down, Right, Green

For Scart
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Left, Green

championc wrote: »
    Can anyone still running OpenPLi please PM me with the text contents of /etc/init.d/rcS ?

Still looking for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

So, I took the plunge and installed Champion's hyperion. So far has been a very pleasant surprise. It looks quite stable and slightly more responsive than HDMU. Quite happy so far :3

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Can recommend these home plugs. Bought them about a month ago and never had a problem with them
    http://m.dabs.ie/products/tp-link-av200-200mbps-nano-powerline-adapter-starter-kit-7KJ7.html?q=Power%20plugs%20link&src=16

Thanks for all the pointers. I'm using a 3G wifi dongle for internet, that's why I'm kind of wed to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

is there anyone in the cabra area with one that I could see working?
    don't. want to spend money and regret it.

thanks

is there anyone in the cabra area with one that I could see working?
    don't. want to spend money and regret it.

thanks

Reading only a few pages of this thread should have been enough to convince you tbh.

Take it in it's simplest sense - it does Saorview and Satellite in one box and can record both too. What more do you need to know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

hi championc went ahead and installed you image impressed i must say just one little prob i have my remote control centre circle button i cant page sideways when i want to look at what other channels are on can i change this to similar hdmu image remote that one was straight forward thanks

karl75 wrote: »
    hi championc went ahead and installed you image impressed i must say just one little prob i have my remote control centre circle button i cant page sideways when i want to look at what other channels are on can i change this to similar hdmu image remote that one was straight forward thanks

Unzip this and ftp the virtual zap folder to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Then its just a case of going to plugins to set it up. PIP doesn't work so you can disable that.I find using exit button the handiest.

cheers thanks for that fella

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    how do i set my remote so if i miss something then i can simply press left arrow (beside ok) to rewind?

Has anyone got this working? Permanent timeshift on hyperion2 seems to be a little all over the place, e.g. pressing pause to rewind and ff depending on situation. I'd like to be able to press pause to pause,button to the left of ok to rewind, button to the right for fast forward and stop to end timeshift, is this possible at all? Multibutton doesn't seem to be able to do the job, at least not for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hello again!! I am using the Hyperion2 image and am very happy with it! I can not confirm the judder has been eliminated yet.
    However I can not for the life of me mount a 500GB WD Passport USB3 drive. I have searched high and low but no joy. I have tried both EXT3 and FAT32 and the HDD manager in the Blue Panel is not seeing it. I edited fstab (undone again).
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

I just flashed Champions back up of the Hyperion image, all running lovely bar two little problems, both concerned with the front panel display.

The time is showing incorrectly on the front panel, it is set correctly in the menus and displays ok on screen, I've tried cold reboots but still the same.

The front panel display also shows my HDD as being "FULL", it's only about 10% filled, any way of sorting this?

Digidol wrote: »
    I just flashed Champions back up of the Hyperion image, all running lovely bar two little problems, both concerned with the front panel display.

The time is showing incorrectly on the front panel, it is set correctly in the menus and displays ok on screen, I've tried cold reboots but still the same.

The front panel display also shows my HDD as being "FULL", it's only about 10% filled, any way of sorting this?

Not sure about the HDD but for the VFD, put the box into Standby and take back out of standby and I think the clock time should be corrected.

Brilliant thanks, strangely that has solved both issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Not sure about the HDD but for the VFD, put the box into Standby and take back out of standby and I think the clock time should be corrected.

that is not working for me - any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ade G

I'm looking to update to this new Hyperion 2 Image. Ive been on PKTeam site but cant get an AA2 version or even see where image downloads are. Can anyone post a link to this image or same with their own plugins. Thanks

Ade G wrote: »
    I'm looking to update to this new Hyperion 2 Image. Ive been on PKTeam site but cant get an AA2 version or even see where image downloads are. Can anyone post a link to this image or same with their own plugins. Thanks

Second one in the post below is Hyperion2,just run a software update from the pkt bluepanel when you have it set up and it will apply the judder fix.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056882713/4/#post86364120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I found it takes a deep standby to reset the front clock. The "full" indicator seems to come and go by itself. I can't see a pattern to it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Second one in the post below is Hyperion2,just run a software update from the pkt bluepanel when you have it set up and it will apply the judder fix.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056882713/4/#post86364120

I'm trying to get champions hyperion image but the hosting seems to have run out of bandwidth. Hosted anywhere else?

• Advertisement

Ade G wrote: »

If you want a go at installing it yourself from scratch here is the firmware for PKT Hyperion Version 2 for Alien 2

And here is another link to that firmware on another forum

Flex

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    I'm trying to get champions hyperion image but the hosting seems to have run out of bandwidth. Hosted anywhere else?

Download the Folder, not the files

I'm a tool.. TY

te FTP username/pass is root/blank?

Trying and not connecting. I have the correct box IP

For PKT Hyperion V2

ftp login: root
    pwd: pkteam

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Has anyone got a decent remote setup file to share for championc hyperion image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Guys, i ran an update on Hyperion on an alien 1 box the same way you do this box, bluepanel - >actualisations and now it's got a boot loop. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

using yellowkings image from sattvhelp all running well however cannot get autobouquets to install, followed this process

Extract dvbsnoop from zip file and ftp across to usr/bin change permissions for this file to 777

Extract autobouquets.zip and ftp the directory Autobouquets to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
    Change permissions of the Autobouquets file to 755

Then restart Enigma2 and then go to Plugins and you should see Autobouquets installed.

but nothing appears in plugins menu??

I think I'll let someone else tell you not to bother with that image - lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

I think I'll let someone else tell you not to bother with that image - lol

only running it a few hours but seems solid not a glitch or judder compared to the old satstation image i was running:confused:

Satstation = HDMU

If you go with Hyperion, you'll have a big crowd for support on here. I had issues myself with Yellowking so I would strongly advise you to go Hyperion instead before you get overattached

hi tech guy ive done that but dont seem to make a difference when i page lh and rh side of centre button i get this message "module error:no module named MQBAction and if i page down i get the multiquick button cross down which gives option of channel zap and if i page up that works like its supposed to basicly the kids use the remote too and i want it easy for them cheers any guides please and thanks

hi tech guy ive done that but dont seem to make a difference when i page lh and rh side of centre button i get this message "module error:no module named MQBAction and if i page down i get the multiquick button cross down which gives option of channel zap and if i page up that works like its supposed to basicly the kids use the remote too and i want it easy for them cheers any guides please and thanks
    Go into plugins and setup virtual zap to work with exit button. Then when on a channel press exit followed by left or right.

got ya its not same as hdmu control but will do thanks mate

got ya its not same as hdmu control but will do thanks mate

Yeah not the same, close as you can get though I think.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks, strangely that has solved both issues!

Ah it seems I spoke too soon, when I powered off the box completely and then turned it on again this evening it had reverted back to displaying the wrong time on the the VFD.

Ah it seems I spoke too soon, when I powered off the box completely and then turned it on again this evening it had reverted back to displaying the wrong time on the the VFD.

Correct. You'll need to stick it into Standby Each Time if you power the box off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Leave the box on and only power down from the menu, or in standby each night. Hyperion is a lot more stable that other images, you'll not need to use power button that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Well, I was away saturday and sunday and was going to change from the yellowking open pli image to the new hyperion image but I don't think I have any reason to. It's fast, stable and hasn't given me any problems. I setup a load of stuff to record over the couple of days and they all recorded fine.

So, are there any must have reasons for switching to the hyperion image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Satstation = HDMU

If you go with Hyperion, you'll have a big crowd for support on here. I had issues myself with Yellowking so I would strongly advise you to go Hyperion instead before you get overattached

SatStation = TDT Git

If it is a Satstation back up image then it could be based on anything

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement