Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

no urgency, just like to have picons with corresponding transponders, looks like a few have shifted position.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

championc wrote: »
    This image was built at 1080p. If you want to use 720p, do the following on the remote after the receiver has fully booted:-
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Down, Right, Green

For Scart
    Press Menu, Up, Up, Up, Ok, Ok, Ok, Left, Green

ah right, but it never fully boots ? It just gets to the Hyperion loading screen then powers off again after a minute or two, should I do at that loading screen ? Also I intend moving it to my main tv which is 1080p after I've set it up, does this same sequence change it back to 1080p ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Since the OE Alliance on demand plugin doesn't work on hyperion2, has anyone found other seperate plugins for bbc iplayer, 4od that work in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

v10 wrote: »
    ah right, but it never fully boots ? It just gets to the Hyperion loading screen then powers off again after a minute or two, should I do at that loading screen ? Also I intend moving it to my main tv which is 1080p after I've set it up, does this same sequence change it back to 1080p ?

That sounds like you are stuck in a boot loop, try to reinstall the image.

to get back to 1080p will be the same sequence except for the last step which should be obvious as you will be able to read the screen then

bappelbe wrote: »
    That sounds like you are stuck in a boot loop, try to reinstall the image.

to get back to 1080p will be the same sequence except for the last step which should be obvious as you will be able to read the screen then

Thanks, I thought it was some sort of loop also, but I did try the installing the image a couple of times. Maybe I should try a different image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Thanks, I thought it was some sort of loop also, but I did try the installing the image a couple of times. Maybe I should try a different image.

A different image or try downloading the image again as you may have had some data corruption somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

Hi,

Installed Championcs PKT Image on Sunday having previously had his AR-P image. Have reflashed twice but still the box still freezes on any channel if left for around 10 minutes. It's fine again for awhile when changing channel but the same will happen after 10 minutes.

Also can't get autobouquets to work. Have the permissions set but it won't run stating:
    ..bouquets_e2.sh: line 231: ./autobouquetsreader: Permission denied
    sed: /tmp/bouquets.tv: No such file or directory
    sed: /tmp/bouquets.radio No such file or directory
    Updating Services
    cat: can't open /tmp/nit_transponders.txt: No such file or directory

Can't get any streams to load in 1channel either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

jjdela wrote: »
    Hi,

Installed Championcs PKT Image on Sunday having previously had his AR-P image. Have reflashed twice but still the box still freezes on any channel if left for around 10 minutes. It's fine again for awhile when changing channel but the same will happen after 10 minutes.

Also can't get autobouquets to work. Have the permissions set but it won't run stating:
    ..bouquets_e2.sh: line 231: ./autobouquetsreader: Permission denied
    sed: /tmp/bouquets.tv: No such file or directory
    sed: /tmp/bouquets.radio No such file or directory
    Updating Services
    cat: can't open /tmp/nit_transponders.txt: No such file or directory

Can't get any streams to load in 1channel either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Download a fresh copy and flash it again, these things are working perfect in his image, I've flashed my own tweaked version of championc's image on several boxes, it's rock solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Has anyone got wifi working on the hyperion image,or is anyone willing to try so i can rule out my box??????

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

My Amiko A2 shows "Triplex" on the front display when booting...is this normal?

aint Triplex a completely different box?

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    My Amiko A2 shows "Triplex" on the front display when booting...is this normal?

aint Triplex a completely different box?

No, it's identical hardware

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79848828&postcount=6
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79848538&postcount=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

first problem was ''go to Menu-->Spark-->Upgrade Software. Do a downgrade to 1.2.51 E2 Boot Upgrade'' .. I couldn't do this because when I went to Menu-->Spark it tries to do 'online login' but fails and upgrade software is then greyed out.

There could be alot of explanations for your booting into enigma2 woes and maybe this isn't the answer but I thought I'd mention... Back in 2012 Spark released firmware 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade which makes switching from booting Alien into Enigma2 and Spark more reliable. Without this firmware the box can get stuck in a boot loop. Your Alien2 may or may not have come with this firmware already installed.

You can't download that firmware anymore from the Spark Upgrade Menu because a few months back they disabled downloading older firmware due a problem they had with the Spark Weather App. However you can download the 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade firmware from this site. Instructions on how to install Spark firmware from a USB are here.

Once you have done that then you can upgrade via Spark online to the latest Spark firmware again then try again using the E2 Upgrade plugin as before from within Spark to flash an enigma2 image.

Flex

jjdela wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you apply the HD Judder fix? Menu > PKT Bluepanel > Actualizations > Download

Flex

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Since the OE Alliance on demand plugin doesn't work on hyperion2, has anyone found other seperate plugins for bbc iplayer, 4od that work in ireland?

The only way I've managed to get iPlayer working is directly from my PC laptop using ExpatShield. Maybe you could do that and then stream from your computer to your Alien2..

Flex

Did you apply the HD Judder fix? Menu > PKT Bluepanel > Actualizations > Download

Flex

Yeah I had applied it. Downloaded the image again today and so far so good. Must have corrupted the first one somehow!

Still can't seem to get the EPG to show beyound next so maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

jj

There could be alot of explanations for your booting into enigma2 woes and maybe this isn't the answer but I thought I'd mention... Back in 2012 Spark released firmware 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade which makes switching from booting Alien into Enigma2 and Spark more reliable. Without this firmware the box can get stuck in a boot loop. Your Alien2 may or may not have come with this firmware already installed.

You can't download that firmware anymore from the Spark Upgrade Menu because a few months back they disabled downloading older firmware due a problem they had with the Spark Weather App. However you can download the 1.2.51_E2_Boot_Upgrade firmware from this site. Instructions on how to install Spark firmware from a USB are here.

Once you have done that then you can upgrade via Spark online to the latest Spark firmware again then try again using the E2 Upgrade plugin as before from within Spark to flash an enigma2 image.

Flex

Good stuff, that worked. Have it working now. Thanks Flex.

I've just discovered Rats Picon updater works lovely with Autobouquets, is there a way to scehdule it? Can't find any menu to configure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Flex

Hey Flex,

Can you re-post this into the Firmware Thread. It will be very useful for some people, especially since you can't roll back using the Spark online updater.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

ok, I moved over to the hyperion image which everyone seems to recommend.

So can anyone tell me how to mount a network share on it? I can mount the network drive on Spark no problems. It was no problem to do it on Champions AR-P image and easy to do on Yellowkings Judder fix Open Pli image.

But I can't get it to work on the Hyperion2 image at all.

reaper12 wrote: »

So can anyone tell me how to mount a network share on it? I can mount the network drive on Spark no problems. It was no problem to do it on Champions AR-P image and easy to do on Yellowkings Judder fix Open Pli image.

Ok, I got this working. I have a Nas box with folders shared out and have setup users on each of these folders. For whatever reason the username and password would not work with the hyperion image, even though it worked on all the other images. I ended up using the NAS's admin username and password to connect. Nothing else worked.

Now, can someone tell me how to change the recording paths? I could only get to change the top one by putting in a usb stick, restarting the box, then I it let me change the location to the network share. But I can't change the timeshift location. It points to media/hdd and I can't edit that at all.

• Advertisement

Someone posted this a few pages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Good stuff, that worked. Have it working now. Thanks Flex.

Flex
    I have a golden media triplex, and ive been have similar issues as v10
    where would i find this firmware for my box?

I got a mail indicating that SKY have changed frequencies for some channels :
    for example BT Sports - Racing UK - ESPN - Manchester United TV Setanta, and many more.

I have autobouquets turned off as I have made a cutom bouquet.

What is my best option here to maintain my custom listing but resync channel freq?

Someone posted this a few pages back

I posted those instructions, they did not work with hyperion for some reason.

Can you tell me how to change the recording path locations please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I posted those instructions, they did not work with hyperion for some reason.

Can you tell me how to change the recording path locations please?

Set up, system, harddisk, recording paths.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Set up, system, harddisk, recording paths.

Thanks, but i have no problem finding where to do it, i just cant do it!! :-( I click on timeshift location but in the next screen i cant change anything. All i can do is hit the blue button to remove bookmark. If i hit ok on parent directory, it just brings me back out of that screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Thanks, but i have no problem finding where to do it, i just cant do it!! :-( I click on timeshift location but in the next screen i cant change anything. All i can do is hit the blue button to remove bookmark. If i hit ok on parent directory, it just brings me back out of that screen.

Press menu and switch to filelist

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Press menu and switch to filelist

Thanks man, it was driving me nuts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is it possible to get the airplay function on enigma2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

smee again wrote: »
    I've just discovered Rats Picon updater works lovely with Autobouquets, is there a way to scehdule it? Can't find any menu to configure

no, picon updater and bouquets updater are both manual, have to say probably the best two plugins on e2, nearly forgot to mention crossepg.

I must have done something wrong, because I have had nothing but trouble since changing over to the Hyperion image, stuttering video, choppy audio and very laggy.

So I have decided to try and build my own image using the basic hyperion2 image. I am in the middle of it actually. I am hoping that solves my problems. It's really weird because I have had no issues with Champions Open Ar-p image apart from the judder and no problems with the yellowking image either.

So if making my own doesn't work I am going back to yellowking one and never changing again lol

Anyone have airplay setup on Hyperion?
    Is it even possible?

TIA

I have a golden media triplex, and ive been have similar issues as v10
    where would i find this firmware for my box?

Although the Alien2 and GM Triplex boxes are the same hardware Spark seem to make slightly different firmware for each. There is another forum with a support section for GM Triplex boxes and a section with various rescue images for that box. Rescue images are firmware you flash with a usb key that clear all settings completely from your box and can cure things like boot loops or other software conflicts. You could try flashing 1.2.54 and see if it helps but I don't have a GM Triplex so can't guarantee anything.

You could also try www.sparkfans.net. That's a forum where you can get support from Spark itself. Although I found they're not always much help on that site.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 21 barryleonard79

Using the e2upgrade plugin and it not working doesn't sound right. What happens when you select the directory and then press the Red button to Upgrade ?

Championc thanks for getting back to me apologies for delay in the reply am flat out moving house so internet was down. It says" bad kernel file: upgrade failed". Both files are on the root of the usb not in any folder.

Just finished building my own hyperion2 image and i must it was a good learning experience :-) I still haven't got it 100% but i am quite happy so far. No bugs so far!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does anybody here store their Cross Epg data on a hard drive as opposed to a flash drive ?
    I normally store it on a usb drive to stop the hard drive spinning up all the time but I was reading that the epg.dat file is actually stored in ram and loaded at startup so doesnt access the hard drive often.
    Any thoughts on this ???

I store my crossepg data on a network drive.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Does anybody here store their Cross Epg data on a hard drive as opposed to a flash drive ?
    I normally store it on a usb drive to stop the hard drive spinning up all the time but I was reading that the epg.dat file is actually stored in ram and loaded at startup so doesnt access the hard drive often.
    Any thoughts on this ???

You cannot use flash cos it causes the box to lag, you must save it to Usb.

Championc thanks for getting back to me apologies for delay in the reply am flat out moving house so internet was down. It says" bad kernel file: upgrade failed". Both files are on the root of the usb not in any folder.

Put them in a folder so you csn be 100% sure of where you are navigating to

Zardoz wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this ???

Sorry, I see on re-reading you were refering to usb flash drives, not internal flash. I have mine saving to usb hard drive, it does not spin up for channel changes.
    Put them in a folder so you csn be 100% sure of where you are navigating to

I'm sure they're meant to be in a folder not root

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

smee again wrote: »
    Sorry, I see on re-reading you were refering to usb flash drives, not internal flash. I have mine saving to usb hard drive, it does not spin up for channel changes.

Thanks smee,thats perfect so I wont need to buy a usb hub ,only need the usb hard drive so.

Edit
    I took the old 2.5 inch drive out of my dm800 and put it into a HDD caddy and connected it up to the Triplex.
    It seemed to work initially but suddenly it locked up and when I rebooted the receiver the HDD wasnt detected and it was making a clunking noise .
    I tested the hard drive and it it fine so it could be a power issue perhaps ??
    Seems the hard drive is rated at 0.55A so it needs to be powered from 2 usb ports .:mad:

The wife isnt happy with the volume of some channels on the box,had the sound up to the top on box and tv and it was still low,on the previous Dm800, 40% volume on the tv was loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Anyone running one of these boxes and with Eircom's eFibre BB?

I'm having some problems trying to forward the relevant ports on the new ZyXEL router to that I can run Dreamdroid on my android devices.

Does nobody else have problems with Hyperion2? I tried Champions image and I had issues. So just in case there was some imcompatability between my system and Champions image I decided to build my own. It worked fine but then it too started giving me problems. Lots of green screens.

So I went back to spark last night at about 4am (yes I have been working on this all that time!! lol) Setup all the channels and everything works perfectly. It's not as nice to use, but god, it's way faster!! The crossepg stills needs work and setting up the channels will be a pain in the ass, but I am begininng to think for what I do Spark will be good enough.

I would love to get Hyperion working though. Is it something as simple as the fact that I only use a network drive and for some reason hyperion doesnt like that? I just can't understand why I am getting so many crashes and nobody else is having any issues what so ever.

Nforce wrote: »
    Anyone running one of these boxes and with Eircom's eFibre BB?

I'm having some problems trying to forward the relevant ports on the new ZyXEL router to that I can run Dreamdroid on my android devices.

try portforward.com it gives clear instructions on most routers to forward ports.

Hi, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to mount a drive on this box. I have a NAS that would be the preferred device to record to but have also tried a external usb drive. I just dont seem to be able to get either of them to work.

If I go to Menu->PKT BluePanel->Mount Center->CIFS/NFS Manager->Mountpoints Management I can see my share as Active and have set it to 'use as HDD replacement'. Also if I go to Menu->PKT BluePanel->Mount Center->HDD Manger and select Show Devices it shows 'Detected Devices: /dev/sda: 320GB' so it is obviously detecting my drive but whenever I hit record I just get 'Missing: No HDD found or HDD not initialized' ..

This has got to be simple ! what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for any help.

My EPG is gone wonky.

nothing shows under any channels and lots of gaps on cool TV guide and default EPG, but if I select a channel (zap) then it populates the epg for that channel

is there a way to refresh all channels.that might drag in the epg?

My EPG is gone wonky.

nothing shows under any channels and lots of gaps on cool TV guide and default EPG, but if I select a channel (zap) then it populates the epg for that channel

Check CrossEPG that you only have the OpenTV Provider for Astra 28.2 selected (Setup > CrossEPG). Then go into Download Now followed by Force EPG Reload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

try portforward.com it gives clear instructions on most routers to forward ports.

Unfortunately this router isn't on that site just yet.

My EPG is gone wonky.

my epg is also gone, not working all day, even after running cross epg a few times?? maybe its a general thing?

also, anyone use airplayer on this side of the box?

Does nobody else have problems with Hyperion2? I tried Champions image and I had issues. So just in case there was some imcompatability between my system and Champions image I decided to build my own. It worked fine but then it too started giving me problems. Lots of green screens.

So I went back to spark last night at about 4am (yes I have been working on this all that time!! lol) Setup all the channels and everything works perfectly. It's not as nice to use, but god, it's way faster!! The crossepg stills needs work and setting up the channels will be a pain in the ass, but I am begininng to think for what I do Spark will be good enough.

I would love to get Hyperion working though. Is it something as simple as the fact that I only use a network drive and for some reason hyperion doesnt like that? I just can't understand why I am getting so many crashes and nobody else is having any issues what so ever.

Having the same problems as well.

I have reflashed a number of times and have downloaded the folder twice in case it was corrupted the first time.

The box has become unusable with Hyperion. I'm on a GM Triplex so maybe that is the issue but other that I don't know. The AR-P image worked great other than the HD jitter.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement