Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

bappelbe wrote: »
    Boot up in spark and backup enigma there

Does it have to be spark? You can back up in the blue panel, system, backup manager - no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Does it have to be spark? You can back up in the blue panel, system, backup manager - no?

No it has to be Spark to create the two flash-able files, it only takes two minutes with the e2upgrade plugin.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Weird...

I had my Raspberry Pi working with Amiko using Vu++ Enigma2 add on but now it will only play the channel audio?

Is it that I need to buy a license for the Pi for the codecs being used?

But how did it work before and not now?

gonna scratch my Pi setup and re-install to see if its a bug rather than a restriction.

Crikey this is sweet when it works!!

I rebuilt the Openelec install and have it running off a 3.0 usb stick and only using the SD card to boot, with this setup i can over clock the bejasus out of it, and have it maxed out on a turbo over clock.
    I then installed the Vu++ Enigma2 PVR add on.
    I have it only pulling in channels from my 'Favourites TV' bouquet which keeps things trim and proper.

I have my Rasp Pi on a wired connection and that little bad boy is handling HD content from my Amiko.

really impressed that this little €40 RPi is is performing so well and will be sufficient (for now) as a bedroom stb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

hi I have started to use champions c excellent hyperion image and id like to say a big thankyou to him I just have one problem I cant get an epg on any dtt channels does anyone know why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

hi I have started to use champions c excellent hyperion image and id like to say a big thankyou to him I just have one problem I cant get an epg on any dtt channels does anyone know why

Does it not populate when you select a channel once, it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Great thread and thanks for all the help. Finally got my box working nicely late last night. Just a quickie - where are we at with the judder fix on Champs Enigma/Hiperion image? I read back some pages ago that we might have to shift away from Hiperion to another image?

In the meantime is reducing the refresh rate on my 1080p tv the only fix (temporary). Thanks

basill wrote: »
    Great thread and thanks for all the help. Finally got my box working nicely late last night. Just a quickie - where are we at with the judder fix on Champs Enigma/Hiperion image? I read back some pages ago that we might have to shift away from Hiperion to another image?

In the meantime is reducing the refresh rate on my 1080p tv the only fix (temporary). Thanks

It's been fixed for ages, just update Hyperion. PKT Bluepanel->actualisations->firmware->download. The box will reboot a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Unselect the Open TV 28.4 Provider in CrossEPG. You only need 28.2 to be selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

If I set a Timer to record a programme on Spark then put it into Standby no recording is made... am I doing something wrong, anyone know?

Flex

• Advertisement

If I set a Timer to record a programme on Spark then put it into Standby no recording is made... am I doing something wrong, anyone know?

Flex

I'm surprised you're still using Spark, with the judder fixed and championc's hyperion image you are good to go with Enigma and rock solid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Do many people here use the cache flush plugin ?

My Triplex running Hyperion has been very unstable today for some reason ,most likely lack of free memory.
    I was recording one channel and the other satellite tuner was showing no signal on a good few channels .
    I dont have Cache Flush enabled but its showing almost no free memory at all and even when I clear it its used up almost straight away.
    As soon as the recording finished the free memory went back up from 0.66% to 20%.

Would removing a few inactive plugins free up some memory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

had this installed but needed to reinstall it championc hyperion image but now im getting juddering on some hd channels is anyone else getting this thanks

karl75 wrote: »
    had this installed but needed to reinstall it championc hyperion image but now im getting juddering on some hd channels is anyone else getting this thanks

Have you updated to the latest Hyperion firmware in the Blue Panel?

Blue Button (on remote) > Actualizations > Firmware > Download

Zardoz wrote: »

Would removing a few inactive plugins free up some memory ?

Absolutely, remove as many unused plugins as possible, I try try to keep as little as possible on the box as it weighs it down.

I usually have over 30% free memory and have cache flush set to run every 15 minutes.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Absolutely, remove as many unused plugins as possible, I try try to keep as little as possible on the box as it weighs it down.

I usually have over 30% free memory and have cache flush set to run every 15 minutes.

Any chance of a link to this flush cache plugin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I haven't fully decided what box to go for, but if I went for the Amiko Alien 2+, where's the best place to get it and does anyone have any tips for a beginner. Still waiting for my dish to be tuned in, (gave it a go myself, but no joy :o) so I won't be buying until then.

L'prof wrote: »
    I haven't fully decided what box to go for, but if I went for the Amiko Alien 2+, where's the best place to get it and does anyone have any tips for a beginner. Still waiting for my dish to be tuned in, (gave it a go myself, but no joy :o) so I won't be buying until then.

Head over to bargain alerts.

There was a post about an ebay seller based in kimmage and he was selling at a very good price.

Whereever it's selling for the cheapest price! I got mine from free-digital on eBay. They have that shop in Kimmage. The Alien 2+ is going for only Euro 170 now including delivery which is good value I think. If you buy new rather than second hand you'll get a warranty. You'd have all the help you need then on here to set it up.

Flex

smee again wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to this flush cache plugin

Here you go, just unzip the file and place the folder in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Here you go, just unzip the file and place the folder in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Whats this^ do exactly ?

• Advertisement

Ok thanks NUTTZ.
    I usually have around 15-20% memory free when the box is running normally but recording seems to use it all up.
    10% of 128Mb is almost 13Mb of plugins,thats alot,you must have very few plugins installed to have 30% free ?

TSMedia and Mediaportal are almost 10Mb between them ,I may have to remove one or both of them I'd say.

Ok thanks NUTTZ.
    I usually have around 15-20% memory free when the box is running normally but recording seems to use it all up.
    10% of 128Mb is almost 13Mb of plugins,thats alot,you must have very few plugins installed to have 30% free ?

TSMedia and Mediaportal are almost 10Mb between them ,I may have to remove one or both of them I'd say.

I got rid of a lot of the system plugins also that I don't need, there are lots of these hidden in images, especially Hyperion V2. Most of those plugins are pointless as other plugins do the same function or they are simply not needed.

Whats this^ do exactly ?

Basically the CacheFlush plugin regains as much memory as possible by periodically flushing the box's memory cache, including 'leaked' memory.

Cool judder free now thanks to the update. Still finding that the cool epg is only partially populated though. Using the plugin browser I have downloaded the crossing downloader a couple of times and also performed a force reload a few times but it has made no difference. Any ideas?

..Still finding that the cool epg is only partially populated though. Any ideas?

Several of the Satellite channels have changed frequencies in the last few weeks. Are you using Auobouquets to update frequencies for your Satellite channels? If not then try getting a new satellite.xml file. FTP that to etc/tuxbox using FileZilla then reboot and scan your channels again.

Flex

I got rid of a lot of the system plugins also that I don't need, there are lots of these hidden in images, especially Hyperion V2. Most of those plugins are pointless as other plugins do the same function or they are simply not needed.
    Thanks Nuttz,any recommendations on what system plugins to remove ?

Thanks Nuttz,any recommendations on what system plugins to remove ?

I'll have a look for you when I'm at home tonight, I can't remember off the top of my head, on the mobile now!

I'll have a look for you when I'm at home tonight, I can't remember off the top of my head, on the mobile now!

Ok,no rush ,thanks .;)

Several of the Satellite channels have changed frequencies in the last few weeks. Are you using Auobouquets to update frequencies for your Satellite channels? If not then try getting a new satellite.xml file. FTP that to etc/tuxbox using FileZilla then reboot and scan your channels again.

Flex

Worked a treat, thanks for that. Just a wee question about the satellites file. Is it preferable to download the regional one for say the EU or be specific to astra 28.2? The one I initially downloaded was about a 1/3 of the file size of the original one on Championpcs Hyperion image so I redownloaded the European one which was a similar size and went with that. I only have my old sky dish and the UHF aerial so can only receive services off those.

Good news. If you have a fixed dish and only going to receive the usual UK FTA and Sky channels then it's enough to click the 'Choose' tab and just select the checkbox alongside: Astra 1N/2A/2F/Eutelsat 28A (28.2E)

Flex

• Advertisement

Worked a treat, thanks for that. Just a wee question about the satellites file. Is it preferable to download the regional one for say the EU or be specific to astra 28.2? The one I initially downloaded was about a 1/3 of the file size of the original one on Championpcs Hyperion image so I redownloaded the European one which was a similar size and went with that. I only have my old sky dish and the UHF aerial so can only receive services off those.

You only need the satellites.xml file for 28e as that is all you can receive ,you do not need any other satellites in it.

championc wrote: »
    If you plan to make it available from outside the Lan, out on the Internet, then I would strongly advise you consider changing the default ports in use and lock down with a userid and password.
    You should only need to open the port to connect to the web server. The stream starts from within your private lan and gets natted through your router therefore should not need the port forwarding.

I'm trying to stream from PKT Hyperion 2 and connect to it from outside my LAN on the internet. I find that if I forward both the Http Port and Streaming Port it works fine but if I change the port numbers (as recommended) using the OpenWebIf configuration screen in the Plugin menu and forward those instead then I can get to the interface screen fine but streaming doesn't work from inside or outside the LAN.

The error I get is...
    Your input can't be opened:
    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://<ip addr>:<new port number that is not 8001>/.........'

If I change the streaming port back to 8001 and forward that it works again. Can the streaming port be changed?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ghostivv

Nforce wrote: »
    Speaking of volume issues, I'm still running Championc's old PKT image and sometimes when I switch to a channel (usually a $ HD) it won't play any sound. If I press the red button, select another audio stream (eg MPEG NAR) sound will come back. I then repeat the process to choose the AC3 stream and it plays back fine.
    Anyone else have this quirk?

I'm also having the exact same issue. I'd to downmix the AC3 :mad:. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

Could anyone help me please. Horse and Country channel has disappeared off the channel list (I'm using my box as freeview). I have done a complete rescan but can't find it anywhere. Has it gone over to Sky or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

T0MMY wrote: »
    Could anyone help me please. Horse and Country channel has disappeared off the channel list (I'm using my box as freeview). I have done a complete rescan but can't find it anywhere. Has it gone over to Sky or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php
    12552 V 22000 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

does anyone successfully use this box with motorised multi sat,
    about to replace my spiderbox hd 9000 as main family friendly reciever?

TIA

Feck them

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I'm running Championc's hyperion 2 image.

I've not added any extra plugins or changed any settings in it.

When i try and restart emu manager I'm getting a green screen.

Is there something i need to do to try and fix this or is a re-flash of the image the best thing?

Misunderstood your post. Horse and Country is back. She was threatening to sign up to Sky. All is well in the world again. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ok,no rush ,thanks .;)

A few of the plugins were Picture Player, DVD Player, MyTube Player, Shoutcast, Webmedia Clips and PermanentClock, nothing important or particularly uselful.

Have a look through /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins yourself and you'll see all the plugins and you can decide for yourself.

Originally Posted by Nforce
    Speaking of volume issues, I'm still running Championc's old PKT image and sometimes when I switch to a channel (usually a $ HD) it won't play any sound. If I press the red button, select another audio stream (eg MPEG NAR) sound will come back. I then repeat the process to choose the AC3 stream and it plays back fine.
    Anyone else have this quirk?
    ghostivv wrote: »
    I'm also having the exact same issue. I'd to downmix the AC3 :mad:. Is that normal?

Are the two of you using an amp by any chance?

Are the two of you using an amp by any chance?

I have the same problem, Alien is connected by optical cable to Logitech Z5500's. I have to leave AC3 downmix on as audio does not always work or takes a while (up to 30s) for the audio to work. I have set F3 to toggle AC3 downmix using the multiquickbutton plugin and just toggle it off if I'm watching a movie with DD or DTS

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ghostivv

yup...me on Amp.

A few of the plugins were Picture Player, DVD Player, MyTube Player, Shoutcast, Webmedia Clips and PermanentClock, nothing important or particularly uselful.

Have a look through /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins yourself and you'll see all the plugins and you can decide for yourself.

Thanks NUTZZ.
    I removed most of those plugins ,they were in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions on my receiver.
    Most of them were fairly small size so I removed TSmedia too,freeing up over 6mb.I now have around 20% of memory free when idle but recording still seems to be using all the memory up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

phobia2011 wrote: »
    does anyone successfully use this box with motorised multi sat,
    about to replace my spiderbox hd 9000 as main family friendly reciever?

TIA
    I don't have a motorised setup but I have 3 satellites (13E, 19E & 28E) via a multiswitch. Kids can use it without any problems, her ladyship is another issue though.

• Advertisement

I am totally green when it comes to motorised dishes etc?

I simply have one dish pointed at 28E.

What benefits does a motorised dish bring?...I know more channels but you know what i mean ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I am totally green when it comes to motorised dishes etc?

I simply have one dish pointed at 28E.

What benefits does a motorised dish bring?...I know more channels but you know what i mean ;)

I use mine for sports mainly, Saturday at 3pm I'm spoiled for choice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Talisman wrote: »
    I don't have a motorised setup but I have 3 satellites (13E, 19E & 28E) via a multiswitch. Kids can use it without any problems, her ladyship is another issue though.

Have you a standard dish with skewed LNB's / monoblock or do you have one of those special dishes designed for the purpose ?

I have the same problem, Alien is connected by optical cable to Logitech Z5500's. I have to leave AC3 downmix on as audio does not always work or takes a while (up to 30s) for the audio to work. I have set F3 to toggle AC3 downmix using the multiquickbutton plugin and just toggle it off if I'm watching a movie with DD or DTS
    ghostivv wrote: »
    yup...me on Amp.

Are you both using an optical cable? I know there were some issues with that on PKT images with the sound dropping out, HDMI cable had no problems.

Thanks NUTZZ.
    I removed most of those plugins ,they were in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions on my receiver.
    Most of them were fairly small size so I removed TSmedia too,freeing up over 6mb.I now have around 20% of memory free when idle but recording still seems to be using all the memory up .

To be honest that's normal on all Linux based boxes running Enigma2, recording will occupy a lot of the memory but it will free up space if it's needed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement