Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

smee again wrote: »
    Are you sue both tuners are working, check in sat meter. Also, set tuner c to equal to tuner b

could be how your line is programed...you need to program these boxes with oscam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Are you both using an optical cable? I know there were some issues with that on PKT images with the sound dropping out, HDMI cable had no problems.

Yes optical cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

steveon wrote: »
    could be how your line is programed...you need to program these boxes with oscam.

If your using hyperion2 go into the emu manager and toggle the mapping CA1 to CAO to enabled. Otherwise you'll only be able to unscramble one channel at a time afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

To be honest that's normal on all Linux based boxes running Enigma2, recording will occupy a lot of the memory but it will free up space if it's needed.

Ok NUTZZ thanks .
    I guess I was never really able to see how much memory was free on any of my other E2 receivers so I was never conscious of it.

I guess its similar to Windows which Caches memory too so it may look like there isnt much free memory when in fact there is alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yes optical cable

There was a fix of sorts for that problem by replacing the audio_dts.elf file in /boot with Mui4tler's alternative file.

I have no idea myself if that works as I don't use an optical cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I've been using an optical cable with my Alien STB too.Might give that fix a try.

There was a fix of sorts for that problem by replacing the audio_dts.elf file in /boot with Mui4tler's alternative file.

I have no idea myself if that works as I don't use an optical cable myself.

That's worked perfect for me, audio selection (especially Dolby) is now instant. No more need to downmix. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I'm running Championc's hyperion 2 image.

I've not added any extra plugins or changed any settings in it.

When i try and restart emu manager I'm getting a green screen.

Is there something i need to do to try and fix this or is a re-flash of the image the best thing?

Me again,

I've noticed that i'm also getting a green screen when pressing the red power button on the remote.

Is the best advive to re-flash or has anyone else come across this?

TIA

Me again,

I've noticed that i'm also getting a green screen when pressing the red power button on the remote.

Is the best advive to re-flash or has anyone else come across this?

TIA

I've started getting this lately too, it says its the permanent timeshift plugin causing it on the green screen. Odd how it only started recently.

That's worked perfect for me, audio selection (especially Dolby) is now instant. No more need to downmix. Thanks

Good stuff, glad to hear it worked for you!

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I've started getting this lately too, it says its the permanent timeshift plugin causing it on the green screen. Odd how it only started recently.

I'm not getting this at all, I deleted the permanent timeshift plugin a while ago, pressing the power button brings me to standby with no problem.

Try deleting the plugin temporarily to see if it is in fact the culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

I have a problem which I brought up a few weeks ago and a couple of people gave me some helpful suggestions. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

The problem was my sat tuners are not picking up any vertically polarised channels, either on Enigma 2 or Spark, FTA or not FTA. They are simply not working. To date I have:

1) Tried a different quad LND (although still a sky lnb) and the result was the same
    2) Tried manually adjusting TP's in sat list on the box
    3) FTP'd a new satellite.xml to the box (Enigma 2)
    4) Rescanned after each and every step
    5) Tried tuning in a freesat box and the channels worked fine

Should I conclude that my tuners are bust? Is anyone else having this problem? I bought the box second hand so returning is unfortunately not an option. I would be grateful for any advice if any is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Irreverent wrote: »
    I have a problem which I brought up a few weeks ago and a couple of people gave me some helpful suggestions. Unfortunately nothing has worked so far.

The problem was my sat tuners are not picking up any vertically polarised channels, either on Enigma 2 or Spark, FTA or not FTA. They are simply not working. To date I have:

1) Tried a different quad LND (although still a sky lnb) and the result was the same

Should I conclude that my tuners are bust? Is anyone else having this problem? I bought the box second hand so returning is unfortunately not an option. I would be grateful for any advice if any is available.

I am having the exact same problem. The channels just stopped working one day. I have ran AutoBoquets several times, added a new satellite.xml file also and tried tuning it serveral times.

I am going to flash the box tonight/tomorrow with Champions new hyperion image to see if it fixes the issue for me....

Im going mad as my VU+ Box has also decided to die last week.

kgarvey wrote: »
    I am having the exact same problem. The channels just stopped working one day. I have ran AutoBoquets several times, added a new satellite.xml file also and tried tuning it serveral times.

I am going to flash the box tonight/tomorrow with Champions new hyperion image to see if it fixes the issue for me....

Im going mad as my VU+ Box has also decided to die last week.

I tried a reflash this morning when I had a bit of time and re-scanned. It didn't fix the problem however.

Irreverent wrote: »

Bring your box to someone else's house to test on their dish and lnb, if it fails there you know it's the tuner in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

hi irreverent I had to get my box replaced for this tuner issue but it was only happening on tuner 2 since I got a new one its working great I wonder do these boxes have short circuit protection on the lnb inputs

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gazedor

Bring your box to someone else's house to test on their dish and lnb, if it fails there you know it's the tuner in the box

Hi Folks. Its the tuner. Had the exact same problem myself a few months back. Tried everything so eventually took it back to Satworld who tried it with their setup and confirmed that something was up with tuner C. They gave me a new box, I flashed my image on it and everything worked grand. Must be some defect with the C tuner on certain boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi all, I have RESCAN REQUIRED on rte channel on both channel guides, I rescanned manually clearing before scan but still have rescan required on RTE any ideas?
    Another problem with recordings ghosting and lines going through, the hard drive I have is powered by the box maybe a hard drive with its own power supply would solve this has anyone else come across these problems?

pod2011 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have RESCAN REQUIRED on rte channel on both channel guides, I rescanned manually clearing before scan but still have rescan required on RTE any ideas?
    Another problem with recordings ghosting and lines going through, the hard drive I have is powered by the box maybe a hard drive with its own power supply would solve this has anyone else come across these problems?

If the scan brought them in, they will be in all channels (ok->all channels), you'll need to add them to a favourites bouquet, the channels in your bouquets will be the old ones until you manually replace them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Mine has left the old RTE One but added a new one. Any idea of when the original one will be ceased / removed ?

championc wrote: »
    Mine has left the old RTE One but added a new one. Any idea of when the original one will be ceased / removed ?

I read 2 weeks or so.

championc wrote: »

About two weeks.

Gazedor wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Its the tuner. Had the exact same problem myself a few months back. Tried everything so eventually took it back to Satworld who tried it with their setup and confirmed that something was up with tuner C. They gave me a new box, I flashed my image on it and everything worked grand. Must be some defect with the C tuner on certain boxes.

Thanks for the info. Looks like we are sunk so. Unless I can take apart the box and replace the tuner. Next project maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Contact Satworld and give them your box S/N. Good chance it was bought there

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

pod2011 wrote: »

I rescanned and had the same problem as you. tried a few times and no luck. I eventually manually scanned the correct frequencies (2 of them now) for my transmitter and it worked after that. I did need to move the channels about in my bouquets a bit.

No idea about your hard drive - I use a powered one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Tried a rescan on Tuner A which is the terrestrial. Get a green screen of death with lots of gobbydegook and saying to send the log onto someone that cares and then the of reboots back as normal with the Hyperion splash screen. End result is the rte channels are still showing rescan required. Any ideas?

basill wrote: »
    Tried a rescan on Tuner A which is the terrestrial. Get a green screen of death with lots of gobbydegook and saying to send the log onto someone that cares and then the of reboots back as normal with the Hyperion splash screen. End result is the rte channels are still showing rescan required. Any ideas?

Check in tuner configuration that terrestrial provider is set to enable and to Europe DVB-T frequencies

Yep tuner A is showing as enabled under configuration mode and Europe, Middle East, Africa dvb-t.

Yep tuner A is showing as enabled under configuration mode and Europe, Middle East, Africa dvb-t.

Try to do a manual scan again set to complete scan on tuner A

Same green screen again followed by reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

I have the rescan required message too on 3 of the saorview channels. Tried re scanning a few times and still no update on the epg. I don't get the green screen you see though.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I have the rescan required message too on 3 of the saorview channels. Tried re scanning a few times and still no update on the epg. I don't get the green screen you see though.

Are you definitely scanning Mux2 and not just Mux 1 again. That's the mistake I made.

Are you definitely scanning Mux2 and not just Mux 1 again. That's the mistake I made.

I'm probably making the same mistake. How do I know what mux I am scanning?

I'm probably making the same mistake. How do I know what mux I am scanning?

They're a different frequency. What mast are you getting saorview from?

They're a different frequency. What mast are you getting saorview from?

Maghera

Maghera

Try scanning 746000 with 8mhz

Try scanning 746000 with 8mhz

No channels found. Any chance I need to change another setting in the manual scan?

No channels found. Any chance I need to change another setting in the manual scan?

I didn't need to change anything else. Some people are complaining that mux2 signal isn't as strong as mux1,are you using an outdoor ariel?

I didn't need to change anything else. Some people are complaining that mux2 signal isn't as strong as mux1,are you using an outdoor ariel?

It's in the attic, never had any issues until now.

I can view the channels its just the epg isn't there so I can't set up to record a program on rte

• Advertisement

Do you have a Saorview compatible tv that you could tune in to rule out bad signal/bad tuner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I needed to do a manual scan, set MHz to 8 and then change from one TP to all it then does an auto scan and finds the channels. Hope this helps.

My epg still says rescan required but channels are coming in.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I needed to do a manual scan, set MHz to 8 and then change from one TP to all it then does an auto scan and finds the channels. Hope this helps.

My epg still says rescan required but channels are coming in.

If your channels still say rescan required then they are the Mux1 versions which will cease in 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Thanks Lads, retuned to mux 2 settings found on google for mast in my area and changed to 8 MHz and then added rte1 to my fav boutique, Thanks again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

hi has anyone noticed if you set two programs one after the other on the same channel from the epg to record that it wont record the second one this is using hyperion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

In case anyone isn't clear on how to tune in RTE1 HD.

I went to saorview.ie and used the coverage map there to show the nearest transmitter to me. Saorview channels are broadcast on two different frequencies now so you need to scan both to get all the Saorview channels.

The saorview website gives two channel numbers for each transmitter. I found corresponding frequencies for these channel numbers at saortv.info.

Example:
    Three Rock Transmitter

Mux -- Channel -- Frequency

When doing a terrestrial tuner scan on Alien 2 you use the frequency (hz) and bandwidth is always 8Mhz.

Flex

Anyone got a link to that cache cleaner plugin, Google has been no use

Anyone got a link to that cache cleaner plugin, Google has been no use

I posted it for you already a few days ago.

PKT Hyperion V3 is expected to be released on 02-11-13

• Advertisement

I posted it for you already a few days ago.

Nice one, missed that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement