Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

NUTZZ wrote: »
    PKT Hyperion V3 is expected to be released on 02-11-13

I wish OpenAR-P would get the finger out and update their code - even just a marker in the sand update before their next big changes come through.

It certainly appears that Hyperion is not as good for recording in that it seems to want to use two terrestrial tuners to record two terrestrial programmes simultaneously. They don't even have to be simultaneous - they can't overlap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

I posted it for you already a few days ago.

What are the best settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

That's good news, I hope it's better than V2, it was a disaster for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    If your channels still say rescan required then they are the Mux1 versions which will cease in 2-3 weeks.

I have a saorview set top box on a spare tv with a small indoor aerial sitiing on top of the tv. Did an automatic scan on that box and it picks up the 3 channels I'm missing on my amiko - it doesn't pick up the other channels I get a test card!

It looks like my amiko and aerial in attic cannot pick up mux2 and my saorview set top box and crappy little indoor aerial can pick up mux 2 but only 3 channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

smee again wrote: »
    What are the best settings?

These are my settings;

hl3x.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pod2011

Hi all, When I record a channel from sat, itv, and record saorview rte1,
    I cannot watch rte1 while recording?

Saorview aerial a
    sky dish 2 lnb to tuner b & c

Tuner A Tuner 3-t/t2/c dvbt

Tuner b Tuner 1-sat Dvb s2, single sats 28.2e 28a & astra

Tuner c Tuner2-sat Dvbs2 equal to B

Any ideas?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Anywhere I can see/read changelog or planned improvement etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Reposting a link here from another thread which gives the Saorview MUX1 and 2 frequencies for all the transmitters in the country.

From what I've read... looks like watching RTE1 and recording RTE2 at the same time on terrestrial will no longer be possible on the Alien 2 since they will broadcast on different frequencies and it has only one terrestrial tuner.

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Anywhere I can see/read changelog or planned improvement etc ?

Nothing yet I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just wondering if the Alien 2/Triplex remote can be configured to control the tv like is possible with the Dreambox remotes ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 PasPer2

Hi, I currently have Autobouquets 28.2 running but is there an equivalent plugin for Hotbird 13e?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dr_funk

I had some real fun and games trying to retune Saorview on my Alien 2! What a mess! I have an indoor aerial with a small signal booster, and with the new muxes I had the problem of some channels scanning ok, but others with no EPG info, and the 'rescan required' message. I played around with different gain settings on the booster and found that I got RTE1, RTE1+1 and RTE jr with the gain turned up full, and I got the rest with the gain turned down halfway, but no RTE1, RTE1+1 or RTE jr!

So after much messing around, my solution was to turn the booster gain down to halfway, do a fresh terrestrial scan with 'Clear before Scan' = yes, and then turn the booster gain up full and do another scan, with 'Clear before scan' = no. And now I have all channels, including EPG, so hopefully they're here to stay!

The good news is that my signal strength is better than ever, even though it was a messy procedure. Hopefully this might help anyone else with the same problem.

dr_funk wrote: »
    I had some real fun and games trying to retune Saorview on my Alien 2! What a mess! I have an indoor aerial with a small signal booster, and with the new muxes I had the problem of some channels scanning ok, but others with no EPG info, and the 'rescan required' message. I played around with different gain settings on the booster and found that I got RTE1, RTE1+1 and RTE jr with the gain turned up full, and I got the rest with the gain turned down halfway, but no RTE1, RTE1+1 or RTE jr!

So after much messing around, my solution was to turn the booster gain down to halfway, do a fresh terrestrial scan with 'Clear before Scan' = yes, and then turn the booster gain up full and do another scan, with 'Clear before scan' = no. And now I have all channels, including EPG, so hopefully they're here to stay!

The good news is that my signal strength is better than ever, even though it was a messy procedure. Hopefully this might help anyone else with the same problem.

This has got nothing to do with the Amiko Alien 2 and all to do with your particular internal aerial setup and a weaker signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

On hyper2

Can someone please post the contents of the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/PKT

Folder corrupt and trying to avoid reinstalling

darth_maul wrote: »
    On hyper2

Can someone please post the contents of the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/PKT

Folder corrupt and trying to avoid reinstalling

Here
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56355/PKT.rar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thegreek

I have serious judder on the saorview channels since the rescan. The problem doesn't exist on the spark boot, only on my HDMU enigma.

So I am dedicating myself to installing the Hyperion image provided by Championc.

Wish me luck!

Well it was either this or run a marathon.

On another note I had a problem streaming where I couldn't connect to the box at all. That turned out to be Eircom changing settings on the efibre router remotely.
    Got a tip from the network guys on here and got it sorted. So thanks again to boards.

I have also said 3 hail Mary's and an act of contrition for stupidly posting a problem on the firmware thread. <seriously embarrassed>

Would be handy if we could clean up the firmware thread a bit.. take out some of those recent posts. Maybe a moderator could move question type posts to this thread? I suppose then the original poster would have to be told via pm where their post was moved to.. could be awkward.

Flex

Would be handy if we could clean up the firmware thread a bit.. take out some of those recent posts. Maybe a moderator could move question type posts to this thread? I suppose then the original poster would have to be told via pm where their post was moved to.. could be awkward.

Flex

Easier to just start a new firmware thread and copy all the relevant info into it, lots of outdated stuff in there now.

Okay - so far - not so good.

The problem is still there for Saorview channels.

And for some reason the user name and password Championc provided is not working.

root and blank password keeps giving a bad login message on dreamboxedit??

EDIT: I should try a few things before posting here. Password is not blank but pkteam. Now I am wondering did I download the right image but it comes up with the hyperion image?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

pkteam is the correct password for Hyperion image

In case anyone isn't clear on how to tune in RTE1 HD.

I went to saorview.ie and used the coverage map there to show the nearest transmitter to me. Saorview channels are broadcast on two different frequencies now so you need to scan both to get all the Saorview channels.

The saorview website gives two channel numbers for each transmitter. I found corresponding frequencies for these channel numbers at saortv.info.

Example:
    Three Rock Transmitter

Mux -- Channel -- Frequency

When doing a terrestrial tuner scan on Alien 2 you use the frequency (hz) and bandwidth is always 8Mhz.

Flex

I tried this method on my amiko but still no luck
    getting RTE1HD
    nearest transmitter is Kippure which should be pretty much the same as the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Kippure hasn't shared frequencies with Three Rock since July 2012.

Mux 1 is ch. 54 (738000 KHz), mux 2 is ch. 58 (770000 KHz).

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Anyone experiencing sound drop outs on BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD? Intermittent and irregular which makes it hard to pin point what the root cause maybe.

Also is their a bit of a guide how to watch recorded stuff on championc's Hyperion 2 image? When i try ans fast forward something which I've recorded i can't just start playing it again when i press play....I'm more than likely doing something incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Also is their a bit of a guide how to watch recorded stuff on championc's Hyperion 2 image? When i try ans fast forward something which I've recorded i can't just start playing it again when i press play....I'm more than likely doing something incorrect.

I record and watch stuff all the time. Access the recorded material with just the play button to bring up the list.

Sometimes FF can take up to 10 secs to react and start FF'ing. However, Play for me is pretty quick to react for me. I have a 500gb USB HDD formatted to EXT3

I found that sometimes if there is a hiccup in a recording it only plays from the start. Stop midway, or FF or RW makes it jump to the end. Someone more knowledgeable than me can explain but it seems to be a case of not knowing the length of, or it's location in, a damaged recording. If that makes sense.

Kippure hasn't shared frequencies with Three Rock since July 2012.

Mux 1 is ch. 54 (738000 KHz), mux 2 is ch. 58 (770000 KHz).

Ok I scanned both freq at 8mhz.

mux 1 found 18 channels (all listed in the scan results)

mux 2 found 17 channels (nothing listed in the scan results ???? )

Still no RTE1 HD and still channels showing rescan required - but they are still showing/broadcastimg?

Ok I scanned both freq at 8mhz.

mux 1 found 18 channels (all listed in the scan results)

mux 2 found 17 channels (nothing listed in the scan results ???? )

Still no RTE1 HD and still channels showing rescan required - but they are still showing/broadcastimg?

Check all channels? The new versions will not automatically appear in a bouquet until you put them there

Check all channels? The new versions will not automatically appear in a bouquet until you put them there

Even the 'recently scanned' bouquet doesn't show em?

• Advertisement

Even the 'recently scanned' bouquet doesn't show em?
    Try pressing the OK button to bring up the channel list, then the RED button will bring up all channels it has stored.

Note:- you may also see the encrypted satellite versions of RTÉ listed even if you can't view them.

I'm getting picons working on PKT Hyperion using DBEdit. Some of the Saorview ones weren't included in the picon pack I found so I've been trying to add them in myself.

For example RTE New Now.. I copied a .jpg from the web and using Photoshop Elements converted it to a .png Image size 100x60.

Then in DBEdit I right click on the channel in its bouquet and select "Assign picon to service". The logo then appears in DBEdit. I save the changes I made but when I FTP back to Alien 2 the logo does not show.

In DBEdit I have set the "Path for picons on dreambox" and "Local Path for Picons" values. I have selected 100x60 in Tools>Options>Picon.

I think the problem might be the bit depth. The picons that work are all 8 bit but the ones I'm trying.. when I right click on them and look at their Properties > Details I see their bit depth values are 24 or 32 bit. However when I open the image in Photoshop in the Title of the images tab in the editor it says (RGB/8).

Anybody know if that's the problem and if so how to convert to 8 bit?

Cheers,

Flex

I'm getting picons working on PKT Hyperion using DBEdit. Some of the Saorview ones weren't included in the picon pack I found so I've been trying to add them in myself.

For example RTE New Now.. I copied a .jpg from the web and using Photoshop Elements converted it to a .png Image size 100x60.

Then in DBEdit I right click on the channel in its bouquet and select "Assign picon to service". The logo then appears in DBEdit. I save the changes I made but when I FTP back to Alien 2 the logo does not show.

In DBEdit I have set the "Path for picons on dreambox" and "Local Path for Picons" values. I have selected 100x60 in Tools>Options>Picon.

I think the problem might be the bit depth. The picons that work are all 8 bit but the ones I'm trying.. when I right click on them and look at their Properties > Details I see their bit depth values are 24 or 32 bit. However when I open the image in Photoshop in the Title of the images tab in the editor it says (RGB/8).

Anybody know if that's the problem and if so how to convert to 8 bit?

Cheers,

Flex

That's a huge waste of time when there is software that will do all this
    http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=185438

Here's a set of Saorview picons, just add them to the folder and set them in DBE
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=6961

I downloaded that picon creator tool and it worked a treat smee cheers :)

Unless you had to do a lot of picons I wouldn't say it saves loads of time over doing the image resize and conversion in photoshop. It does however, create an 8 bit image which seems to have been my problem.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Thanks for all the help so far guys :-)

I downloaded that picon creator tool and it worked a treat smee cheers :)

Unless you had to do a lot of picons I wouldn't say it saves loads of time over doing the image resize and conversion in photoshop. It does however, create an 8 bit image which seems to have been my problem.

Flex

I was using that but now i just use rats picon plugin, it's kept updated fairly well and saves me the bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

championc wrote: »
    I record and watch stuff all the time. Access the recorded material with just the play button to bring up the list.

Sometimes FF can take up to 10 secs to react and start FF'ing. However, Play for me is pretty quick to react for me. I have a 500gb USB HDD formatted to EXT3

I can FF and rewind no bother, when i press 'play' i get a black screen. To start playing again , i need to go to the folder in media player, highlight the file in question and press ok, it then starts to where i had ff/rewinded to.

I'll have another play about with it this evening to see get to grips with it.

am I right in saying rte1HD is not screen labelled as such?

am I right in saying rte1HD is not screen labelled as such?

You mean the DOG (digital onscreen graphic)? No, it's not got it yet, probably because it's just upscaled content for now, no HD yet.

You mean the DOG (digital onscreen graphic)? No, it's not got it yet, probably because it's just upscaled content for now, no HD yet.

Cheers Smee.

**D.O.G another one for the sat vocabulary. :)

Despite trying 6 or 7 USB keys including a Kinsgton brand I was unable to install Spark Rescue Image or Enigma 2 images onto my Alien 2 by the USB method. Spark firmware and Enigma2 images come as two files and it seemed to be stalling after loading one of the files and during loading the second. The U LD would flash for a few minutes then stop and just stay on the screen indefinitely.

After much investigation and the purchase of a USB to Serial converter and a null modem cable it turns out my box wasn't reserving enough memory to load the image files hence they were never installing. In case anyone is interested there is a lengthy thread over at Sparkfans.net and in fact there is a second one also but the first one has all the answers really. Not everyone will have this problem and I don't know how it happened to my Alien 2 (installing third party plugins possibly?) but there is a way to check if yours is affected and a solution.

I notice that some people have trouble finding usb keys that will install images so maybe others have the same problem. I know there is the e2upgrade plugin from within Spark that installs enigma2 images. This might help someone having trouble re-installing Spark from scratch using a rescue image for instance. There is a link to the latest Spark 1.2.68 rescue image in the second thread linked above. I also discovered that you can install using a network cable so you don't even need the USB key. However the install won't work either way if the Alien 2 is not reserving enough memory.

Flex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

I finally cracked why I was getting the green screen of death and couldn't rescan in the RTE 1 and jr channels. Hopefully the following will help someone out.

I am using Champions Hyperion image and Three Rock is my transmitter.

So firstly, ensure you have the correct frequency for your closest transmitter. Mine was 570,000. Also set the bandwidth to 8mhz. I left all of the other settings to their defaults which were Auto in most cases. Then do a manual scan. Mine came up with 17 channels I think it was.

After the scan the next job is to connect to the Amiko using Dreambox Edit or whatever software you use for editing your bouquets. Click on FTP and then Receive Files from Dreambox.

Under the Favourites (TV) bouquet I could instantly see on the right hand panes that I had a couple of entries which were blank where RTE1 and RTEjr were sitting. If you hover your mouse over these entries you can read off the frequency and note that it is different (old) to the 570,000 (or to be precise the Dreambox shows the frequency as 569.999.999) that it should be. I deleted those entries.

Next in the Services window on top left of DBedit type in RT. Look for RTE One and make sure that it is on the new correct frequency you require. Mine is 569999999. Drag that across to the middle pane and put it in the order you wish it to show up on your EPG. Do the same for any other channels that are showing as needing a rescan eg: RTEjr in my case.

The next step is to FTP the file back to the Amiko. To do this click on FTP and then click on the yellow Send Files to Dreambox button. Let it run through the process which should only take a few seconds. You will get a dialog telling you to complete the process by hand. The final step is to reboot the Amiko turning the power off and on again at the back of the box.

Let it reboot and when you go into your Favourites bouquet you should have the missing channels and by selecting INFO when on RTE1 you will see that the white HD logo is now illuminated. As noted in posts above there is not a whole lot of HD content on that channel to get excited about just yet as RTE are in the process of upgrading their equipment. Most will be upscaled from SD.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers basill... useful step by step guide for new people. You list 570000 as the frequency of your nearest transmitter. Just want to clarify for people new to tuning Saorview channels on Alien 2 that they are broadcast on two different frequencies now so you need to scan both to get them all.

If you go to saorview.ie there is a coverage map that will show your nearest transmitter and the two different MUX 'channels' that transmit the Saorview signals.

This image from 2rn.ie gives the frequency that corresponds to each MUX channel.

aj08.jpg

Taking Three Rock Transmitter as an example. You would have to tune using the frequencies on both Ch 30 = 546 MHz and Ch 33 = 570 MHz. You type in the kHz value when tuning so first scan 546000 and then 570000. The bandwidth is always 8 MHz.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ghostivv

I'm having serious freeze on Oscam (also on Ymod48). Tried to find guide on setting up mgcamd but there's nothing on wild. Followed few on E2 by manually creating newcamd.list+ mg.cfg and putting on var/keys folder but not working. Few words from someone who's using would be much appreciated :cool:

PS: waiting desparately for H3 to drop tomorrow.....:D. Hoping that there're quite few updates.

basill wrote: »
    I finally cracked why I was getting the green screen of death and couldn't rescan in the RTE 1 and jr channels. Hopefully the following will help someone out.

I am using Champions Hyperion image and Three Rock is my transmitter.

So firstly, ensure you have the correct frequency for your closest transmitter. Mine was 570,000. Also set the bandwidth to 8mhz. I left all of the other settings to their defaults which were Auto in most cases. Then do a manual scan. Mine came up with 17 channels I think it was.

After the scan the next job is to connect to the Amiko using Dreambox Edit or whatever software you use for editing your bouquets. Click on FTP and then Receive Files from Dreambox.

Under the Favourites (TV) bouquet I could instantly see on the right hand panes that I had a couple of entries which were blank where RTE1 and RTEjr were sitting. If you hover your mouse over these entries you can read off the frequency and note that it is different (old) to the 570,000 (or to be precise the Dreambox shows the frequency as 569.999.999) that it should be. I deleted those entries.

Next in the Services window on top left of DBedit type in RT. Look for RTE One and make sure that it is on the new correct frequency you require. Mine is 569999999. Drag that across to the middle pane and put it in the order you wish it to show up on your EPG. Do the same for any other channels that are showing as needing a rescan eg: RTEjr in my case.

The next step is to FTP the file back to the Amiko. To do this click on FTP and then click on the yellow Send Files to Dreambox button. Let it run through the process which should only take a few seconds. You will get a dialog telling you to complete the process by hand. The final step is to reboot the Amiko turning the power off and on again at the back of the box.

Let it reboot and when you go into your Favourites bouquet you should have the missing channels and by selecting INFO when on RTE1 you will see that the white HD logo is now illuminated. As noted in posts above there is not a whole lot of HD content on that channel to get excited about just yet as RTE are in the process of upgrading their equipment. Most will be upscaled from SD.

Hope this helps someone.

Another way (without using dreambox edit) is to go into "all channels" bouquet and find the newly scanned RTE1 and JR channel.
    Press MENU whilst channel is highlighted and "copy to bouquet"

Copy both channels into Favourites (TV) or wherever you want them placed.....they will appear at the end of the list/bouquet.

Delete the old two RTE1 and JR channels from the same bouquet.

Highlight the two new channels and press menu.
    select "move" or similar and keep the button pressed and drag the two new channels to the desired location on the bouquet.

ghostivv wrote: »

PS: waiting desparately for H3 to drop tomorrow.....:D. Hoping that there're quite few updates.

The progress report for V3 looks good as far as Alien2 is concerned as it has been updated to say
    " GM7162 - TEST OK"

Also good news for Alien1 owners as it works on that box also.

GM990 - TEST OK

Trying to install TSMedia... no joy. Not even sure what it does but wanted to see what it's all about!

I'm running PKT Hyperion v2 on Alien 2. I've tried v3.91 and v4.1 that I got from tunisia-dreambox.info. I also tried what seems like a modified version of v4.2 for sh4 which I got from openpli.org. They all seem to be for oe2.0 which is correct for my set up I think?

Installing the ipks I copy the ipk file to /tmp and then using telnet:
    opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

... but I get lots of 'cannot satisfy the following dependency' install errors as shown in attached image.

Anyone get this plugin installed? If so then how? Also, is it actually working these days as I've read a few people have problems with it, maybe it's not worth the hassle?

Cheers,

Flex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hyperion v3 has arrived.

http://pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=5912.

Going to load it up now and see how I get on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Trying to install TSMedia... no joy. Not even sure what it does but wanted to see what it's all about!

I'm running PKT Hyperion v2 on Alien 2.

If you are running Hyperion its on the plugin server to download .

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Hyperion v3 has arrived.

http://pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=5912.

Going to load it up now and see how I get on!

Give us all an update on how you get on. I just loaded Championc's version last week and well impressed.

Might go for the upgrade as the list of updates seem interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

thegreek wrote: »
    Give us all an update on how you get on. I just loaded Championc's version last week and well impressed.

Might go for the upgrade as the list of updates seem interesting.

Well on first impressions it's pretty much the same as h2 but the menus seems a bit nippier. Not much else has changed as far as I can see. I've only installed a few of the usual plugins such as autobouquet and Autotimer so I can't really comment on any new features yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement