Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

dshakey wrote: »
    dont have the network setup yet,

Easiest way is plug ithe box into your network and download it from the HDMU repository

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

smee again wrote: »
    I did use PLI HD, but it had performance issues, now I use Kerni, Kerni is a beautiful easy to read skin that even passes the missis test of being functional and not too flashy

Just out of curiosity what were the issues ?
    I prefer PI-HD to Kerni as its easier to read the programme listings as it is highlighted in orange .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what were the issues ?
    I prefer PI-HD to Kerni as its easier to read the programme listings as it is highlighted in orange .

There was a noticable lag in opening and closing menus which disappeared when I changed to Kerni. This was ages ago, when I was running HDMU, it may not be an issue now on Hyperion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi i have just started to use hyperion 3 im just wondering does anybody know how to get cool epg working with this image i have tried to ftp the cool epg plugin over to the box and it shows in the plug in section but the cool guide still wont work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

where does one get a clean image of enigma2, i want to build up my own image and plugins ans start from scratch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

where does one get a clean image of enigma2, i want to build up my own image and plugins ans start from scratch!

http://pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=5912&sid=e3fa9dc0d9e75bf633c7101fd038b488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hi i have just started to use hyperion 3 im just wondering does anybody know how to get cool epg working..

I ran into problems installing CoolTVGuide on PKT Hyperion v2 from a .ipk file I got from cooltvguide.com so in the end I just downloaded it from the PKT Plugin Menu and it worked fine.

Consensus on this thread seems to be that PKT Hyperion is the best enigma2 image. You can get the basic build-your-own-version from the developers site listed by TheTechGuy above and a few other places too such as this forum which is in English and has useful threads with Alien 2 / Enigma2 info but you have to register first.

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

There was a noticable lag in opening and closing menus which disappeared when I changed to Kerni. This was ages ago, when I was running HDMU, it may not be an issue now on Hyperion.

I see.
    PLi HD runs well for me on Hyperion 2,I did find it sluggish under HDMU allright like you found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

TheTechGuy wrote: »

No .. that is already built up ..

If you want to start from scratch build your own image starting from here

https://gitorious.org/open-duckbox-project-sh4/tdt/source/618bdc643a81de974225aab6d5423c14c5a02b81:

This is where all images start from whether its HDMU, PKT or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snoon

Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with Champions V2 image.

I've flashed the firmware to my box, and managed to get it working - but the HD channels were juddering.

Having checked on here I saw a post about updating the firmware via the blue panel and download actualisations.

I've done that, and the box restarts - goes to boot and the PKT boot image appears, then it goes back to Boot and is stuck in a Boot loop.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I just download an image with the HD judder fix already on it?

Just as a side note - I also tried the techmans V3 image - but get green screen and reboot on startup. It loads, shows RTE1 channel but then goes to green screen and restarts before the programme appears.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Shaun

• Advertisement

snoon wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with Champions V2 image.

I've flashed the firmware to my box, and managed to get it working - but the HD channels were juddering.

Having checked on here I saw a post about updating the firmware via the blue panel and download actualisations.

I've done that, and the box restarts - goes to boot and the PKT boot image appears, then it goes back to Boot and is stuck in a Boot loop.

Am I doing something wrong? Can I just download an image with the HD judder fix already on it?

Just as a side note - I also tried the techmans V3 image - but get green screen and reboot on startup. It loads, shows RTE1 channel but then goes to green screen and restarts before the programme appears.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Shaun
    Usually its a plugin causing the box to bootloop, when you get the green screen does it mention autotimer or enigma2?

Usually its a plugin causing the box to bootloop, when you get the green screen does it mention autotimer or enigma2?

Yeah it mentioned autotimer.

Yeah it mentioned autotimer.

Do you know how to use filezilla? If you do just connect to the box and go to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/ and remove the autotimer folder. Then reboot the box and put the folder back and it should be fine.

Thanks it worked.

How do I get it to bring up the cooltvguide with a short press of EPG button?

Thanks
    Shaun

Thanks it worked.

How do I get it to bring up the cooltvguide with a short press of EPG button?

Thanks
    Shaun
    You'll need to download MultiQuickButton. I used this version and it works fine.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/enigma2-plugin-extensions-multiquickbutton_2.8.4beta_sh4.ipk

You'll need to download MultiQuickButton. I used this version and it works fine.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56355/enigma2-plugin-extensions-multiquickbutton_2.8.4beta_sh4.ipk

Hi,
    I've downloaded the multibutton ipk file.
    FTP'd it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

But it doesn't show in the plugins menu even after a restart - Have I missed something out?

Thanks for help :)
    Shaun

Hi,
    I've downloaded the multibutton ipk file.
    FTP'd it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

But it doesn't show in the plugins menu even after a restart - Have I missed something out?

Thanks for help :)
    Shaun
    If your ftp'ing it on you'll need to extract the files from the ipk file. I use 7 zip. Then its just a matter of selecting the files in the data folder and dropping them into the root of the box.

If your ftp'ing it on you'll need to extract the files from the ipk file. I use 7 zip. Then its just a matter of selecting the files in the data folder and dropping them into the root of the box.

I've extracted 3 files from it....
    etc
    tmp
    usr

Which folder do you mean when you say 'root of the box'? Where do I put these 3 files?

Should I remove the ipk file that I put in here /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions ?

Thanks again

etc
    tmp
    usr

Which folder do you mean when you say 'root of the box'? Where do I put these 3 files?

Should I remove the ipk file that I put in here /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions ?

Thanks again
    Yeah you can remove the ipk from the extensions folder. The 3 files need to be dropped into / ,should be at the very top of your folders. That make sense?

• Advertisement

etc
    tmp
    usr

Thanks again

/ is root

/etc /usr and /tmp are directories (folders) in the root of your Enigma operating system.
    http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2010/09/linux-file-system-structure/

Quick question for anyone using MultiQuickButton. When I press mute it always brings up the MQB menu. I assume it wants me to select tie a function to the button but the only appropriate option I see in sound on/off. If I select this and press mute the tv mutes fine. Then when I try unmute it it just mutes again. Anyone found a simple solution around this?

Quick question for anyone using MultiQuickButton. When I press mute it always brings up the MQB menu. I assume it wants me to select tie a function to the button but the only appropriate option I see in sound on/off. If I select this and press mute the tv mutes fine. Then when I try unmute it it just mutes again. Anyone found a simple solution around this?

Have you tried mapping long press mute as well?

Have you tried mapping long press mute as well?
    Yeah and then it will just either keep muting itself or keep unmuting itself, could you tell me what exact settings you have?

Yeah and then it will just either keep muting itself or keep unmuting itself, could you tell me what exact settings you have?

None, I just exit away the MQB menu when it pops up. I might just remove the plugin as I've not mapped any buttons

Hi Guys,

Got it sorted - multi button working and EPG is now set to cooltvguide :)

Mute works fine for me - short press is mute and short press again to un-mute. *EDIT before posting - I tried mute again and it brought up a Quick Button Key : Mute menu.*
    That's using the multibuttons plugin you gave me Techguy.

Thanks again for your help today

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Got it sorted - multi button working and EPG is now set to cooltvguide :)

Mute works fine for me - short press is mute and short press again to un-mute. *EDIT before posting - I tried mute again and it brought up a Quick Button Key : Mute menu.*
    That's using the multibuttons plugin you gave me Techguy.

Thanks again for your help today

Yeah I found a solution to that problem just this evening. Press the blue button and go to settings, there you'll find a key mapper. In there I can map what I want and I can delete MQB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

@TheTechGuy
    Do you or anyone else have a full set of Saorview picons to match TheTechGuys image such as News Now, 3e and the radio suite. My current ones have borders:(

@TheTechGuy
    Do you or anyone else have a full set of Saorview picons to match TheTechGuys image such as News Now, 3e and the radio suite. My current ones have borders:(

I don't have matching ones no. Maybe someone who is handy with photoshop could make some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

I made a set (see attached) using Lyngsat and a bit of googling and a Picon Creator program smee linked a few weeks back. I just couldn't find an RTE 1+1 logo anywhere. The picons have no borders.

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Cheers for that Flex. Not an exact match but better than I have for some. Here's the nearest for +1 I have so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

Hi guys. Has anyone been able to retune saoirview channels on the ar-p image? Have been struggling for 3 days with it... I can get mux1 or mux2 channels but not both, and even at that it takes a reboot to retune and switch. It looks like it can't tune both at same time? My saoirview TV plugged into same aerial picks up all channels so I dont think thats the issue...

Also booted into spark and picks up all channels no issues...

Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Hi,

I would like to configure my router (ASUS ac66u) so that my ALIEN2 gets priority traffic for c-line reasons etc.

There is an in built traffic management tool in the GUI called Q.O.S (Quality of service) which allows you to identify a I.P , PORT# , service type etc.

But I don't really understand it.

here is a screen shot of the QOS menu..
    279435.PNG

It looks pretty straight forward....enter desires i.p of box etc

but what service type and port am i looking to set?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to configure my router (ASUS ac66u) so that my ALIEN2 gets priority traffic for c-line reasons etc.

Isn't that a little beyond this thread, that's a network issue. Post a thread in net and comms and I'll give my thoughts there, it wouldn't be fair to clutter up this one.

Quick answer is: just prioritise all traffic to the device if there is an option

Isn't that a little beyond this thread, that's a network issue. Post a thread in net and comms and I'll give my thoughts there, it wouldn't be fair to clutter up this one.

Quick answer is: just prioritise all traffic to the device if there is an option

Yes I suppose you are right and it did cross my mind but specific port numbers etc required then I was thinking in here might be best.

I will get it posted over on netts and coms when I get a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Yeah you can remove the ipk from the extensions folder. The 3 files need to be dropped into / ,should be at the very top of your folders. That make sense?

In root of the box - I already have folders /etc & /usr, if I drop the extracted folders from Multiquickbutton into root won't I overwrite the current /etc & /usr folders?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    In root of the box - I already have folders /etc & /usr, if I drop the extracted folders from Multiquickbutton into root won't I overwrite the current /etc & /usr folders?

You'll just add to them. It's just a quicker way than moving each file one at a time.

Yes, but you'll just add the files to the thousands /etc and /usr already have

If your using an Hyperion image have a look at key mapper in the blue panel menu. You may not need mqb at all.

If your using an Hyperion image have a look at key mapper in the blue panel menu. You may not need mqb at all.

I want Cool TV Guide to come up when I press the EPG button - I don't see the option to select Cool TV Guide there.

I want Cool TV Guide to come up when I press the EPG button - I don't see the option to select Cool TV Guide there.

It is there, I have it working! When you have epg selected click you arrow left and right, should find it there.

• Advertisement

It is there, I have it working! When you have epg selected click you arrow left and right, should find it there.

Not on mine - only options are List, MultiEPG, GraphEPG, SingleEPG.

I'll have a look at it when I get home, maybe I forgot a step but it was very straightforward afaik.

I'll have a look at it when I get home, maybe I forgot a step but it was very straightforward afaik.

No worries -got mqb installed & set up.

Any websites where I can check out other plugins? Looks like I have an older version of TSMedai(2.8) and it's a bit buggy,would like to test a later version.

No worries -got mqb installed & set up.

Any websites where I can check out other plugins? Looks like I have an older version of TSMedai(2.8) and it's a bit buggy,would like to test a later version.

If you try to update in the app it'll download 4.4 into the tmp folder. From there then you can install it. It's still not working properly though so I'm not sure if there's any point updating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Anyone point me to a guide to setup Terrestrail on this box, I in Clonmel but can't seem to tune in the RTE's.

Thanks.

m8 wrote: »
    Anyone point me to a guide to setup Terrestrail on this box, I in Clonmel but can't seem to tune in the RTE's.

Thanks.

Assuming you have no recption issues withe the recent change in transmission, try Setup, service scan, manual scan. Go to the saorview website and determine where to point your aerial to and enter the frequency of mux 2 and a bandwidth of 8MHz into the manual scan and see how you go.

Can someone do a quick check on Setanta Ireland.

Mines go to shīt. Don't know if its signal or line issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Assuming you have no recption issues withe the recent change in transmission, try Setup, service scan, manual scan. Go to the saorview website and determine where to point your aerial to and enter the frequency of mux 2 and a bandwidth of 8MHz into the manual scan and see how you go.

Tried that but nojoy, I can tune in with just the TV but going through this box I can' get any channels.

Not sure what setting to select?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Can someone do a quick check on Setanta Ireland.

Mines go to shīt. Don't know if its signal or line issues.

Heh? Only you can work that out, check your signal in sat finder.

• Advertisement

m8 wrote: »
    Tried that but nojoy, I can tune in with just the TV but going through this box I can' get any channels.

Not sure what setting to select?

Press ok, then red for all channels, do you have them there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement