Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

This is the info I get for clonmel so what settings do I use.

No idea what I'm doing here.

279566.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

m8 wrote: »
    Tried that but nojoy, I can tune in with just the TV but going through this box I can' get any channels.

Not sure what setting to select?

When you go to manual scan is tuner equal to tuner A DVB-T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

This is the info I get for clonmel so what settings do I use.

No idea what I'm doing here.

279566.JPG

Try 778MHz for your frequency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

You need to scan channels 55 and 59, the corresponding frequencies are 746000 and 778000 with bandwidth set to 8Mhz

http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

smee again wrote: »
    Heh? Only you can work that out, check your signal in sat finder.

I worded that post arse ways...There is a problem with Setanta according to my sealion provider ; )

• Advertisement

You need to scan channels 55 and 59, the corresponding frequencies are 746000 and 778000 with bandwidth set to 8Mhz

http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I only see one option to se the frequency?

Do I set it to 746000 or 778000?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I only see one option to se the frequency?

Do I set it to 746000 or 778000?

Sorry for the stupid questions.
    You need to scan both separately, just don't clear before scan when scanning the 2nd mux or you will lose the channels off the mux you just scanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

cool_cat wrote: »
    Hi guys. Has anyone been able to retune saoirview channels on the ar-p image? Have been struggling for 3 days with it... I can get mux1 or mux2 channels but not both, and even at that it takes a reboot to retune and switch. It looks like it can't tune both at same time? My saoirview TV plugged into same aerial picks up all channels so I dont think thats the issue...

Also booted into spark and picks up all channels no issues...

Thanks

I tried this and failed :-(
    got it running on Hyperion2 with only a small amount of effort
    If you get it running on AR-P post your solution as I find AR-P much more responsive than Hyperion2 and would prefer to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cool_cat

bappelbe wrote: »
    I tried this and failed :-(
    got it running on Hyperion2 with only a small amount of effort
    If you get it running on AR-P post your solution as I find AR-P much more responsive than Hyperion2 and would prefer to use it.

Yeah I'm thinking theres something wrong with the dvb tuner on ar-p image. Pity as it was very stable for months... Not sure what to do now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

My box is in a boot loop.

Was running Champions image and had updated the supposed judder fix a few weeks back using the PKteam blue panel screen. The fix hadnt really worked for me but I hadnt gotten around to trying the update again until now. So I went into the PK Team Blue panel and then actualizations. It said it had updated and box would reset in 5 sec. Then it entered a loop.

So I plugged in the original Champion image on my USB stick to the box. Turned it off and held OK. Waited for it to get to ENIG and then FORC and then right selected the volume to get FACT. Now the display on the box has been sequencing very slowly between T and TO and no updating of the firmware is taking place.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

basill wrote: »
    My box is in a boot loop.

Was running Champions image and had updated the supposed judder fix a few weeks back using the PKteam blue panel screen. Anyways tonight I was getting annoyed with the judder so I did the same. It said it had updated and box would reset in 5 sec. Then it entered a loop.

So I plugged in the original Champion image on my USB stick to the box. Turned it off and held OK. Waited for it to get to ENIG and then FORC and then right selected the volume to get FACT. Now the display on the box has been sequencing very slowly between T and TO and no updating of the firmware is taking place.

Any ideas?
    Try updating it through spark.

Booted into Spark alright. Let it start up properly. Then turned off box at back and held down OK. Powered on box and got to FORC, right volume to get FACT and hit OK. Still getting T and TO scrolling on display and no update of the firmware taking place.

Booted into Spark alright. Let it start up properly. Then turned off box at back and held down OK. Powered on box and got to FORC, right volume to get FACT and hit OK. Still getting T and TO scrolling on display and no update of the firmware taking place.

You need to install the e2upgrade plugin in spark and use that to flash enigma from usb while spark is running

Strange that I didnt do that originally when I first put on Champions image. MY box was brought only a few months back so I think it came with a later version of Spark. Now it doesn't want to play ball and allow me to reinstall enigma for some reason.

Strange that I didnt do that originally when I first put on Champions image. MY box was brought only a few months back so I think it came with a later version of Spark. Now it doesn't want to play ball and allow me to reinstall enigma for some reason.

Most of us have had to install that way, it could be the size of the image or the brand of usb key. The Spark plugin works 100% everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Read somewhere that the usb stick MUST be formatted as FAT16 and not Fat32

Yeah I'm thinking theres something wrong with the dvb tuner on ar-p image. Pity as it was very stable for months... Not sure what to do now!

My Dad still runs on AR-P and only rescanned this afternoon without any problem. Did a manual scan of a single frequency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is it worth upgrading from Hyperion V2 to V3 ,anyone tried V3 out ?

championc wrote: »
    My Dad still runs on AR-P and only rescanned this afternoon without any problem. Did a manual scan of a single frequency

Interesting... When I do that I only get either mux1 or mux2 but not both. I thought you had to do 2 manual rescans to get all channels? Will keep tryin!

Interesting... When I do that I only get either mux1 or mux2 but not both. I thought you had to do 2 manual rescans to get all channels? Will keep tryin!

Enable clear before scan and scan first frequency then remember to disable it before scanning second frequency but you should just be able to scan second frequency with clear before scan disabled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Read somewhere that the usb stick MUST be formatted as FAT16 and not Fat32

I have installed a Hyperion v2 backup image from USB key. It was formatted to Fat32 and plugged into rear of Alien 2. I did it back when I was getting flashing U LD on the Alien 2 screen that just stayed there while trying to install a Spark rescue image from the same Fat 32 USB key plugged in the back. I posted my solution a while back. It's still faster booting into Spark and using the e2upgrade plugin though.
    Interesting... When I do that I only get either mux1 or mux2 but not both. I thought you had to do 2 manual rescans to get all channels?

Probably Smee has the answer for you there or you could just use DBEdit to install a backup of your channel list if you have one made on Hyperion v2 (or 3).

Flex

Enable clear before scan and scan first frequency then remember to disable it before scanning second frequency but you should just be able to scan second frequency with clear before scan disabled

I tried all that and couldn't get mux 2 at all.
    as an experiment I scanned a frequency that should have nothing and it appeared to find the 19 channels on mux 1!

as an experiment I scanned a frequency that should have nothing and it appeared to find the 19 channels on mux 1!

That tells you your signal is coming from a different mast

That's exactly what I'm experiencing! Glad I'm not alone ;-) Spark has no issue retuning and I have a saoirview TV in same room connected to same aerial no issues either...got the frequencies from spark but still no joy no matter what I do, the weirdest thing is that sometimes it will pick up one MUX and refuse to tune the other, and sometimes it will pick up the other one and refuse to tune the first one...

OK I got the RTe's tuned in but is it possible to add them to the Favourites using the remote?

OK I got the RTe's tuned in but is it possible to add them to the Favourites using the remote?

Go into rtenl or last scanned and press menu on the channel you want to add to favourites, select add service to bouquet with each one. Then go into favourites and press menu and enable move mode to to move them up to the top if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You are still doing the same thing by switching off the box, regardless of having been in Spark or enigma.
    What people mean by booting into Spark is to have Spark running, go into the plugins menu in Spark, running the enigma upgrade from there.

The message T or TO using the method you tried means that it couldn'd find the correct files on the USB stick. It must be formatted to FAT32 and the two files (e2jffs2.img and Uimage) must be in a folder called enigma2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi does anyone know how to get freesat and saorview picons working with the new v3 image i have ftp"d the rats plugin and an updated picons list to the box but i dont see any picons in the epg but rats picons is listed in the plugin folder. thanks

Hi does anyone know how to get freesat and saorview picons working with the new v3 image i have ftp"d the rats plugin and an updated picons list to the box but i dont see any picons in the epg but rats picons is listed in the plugin folder. thanks

Rats needs to find a picon folder, make one in /usr/local/share/enigma2

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Guys for some reason when I use a remote streaming app it only allows me to view then channel that is currently zapped on my box.

it was never like this and I have been able in the past to display a different channel on my ipad/phone than that on the box.

I have selected the option in the app that I have a multituner so dont zap the box.

Any ideas what has changed?

Could it be my tuner config?... I have tuner c equal to tuner b

I also noticed that a red 'R' shows on the box under the channel I am playing on my iphone/ipad.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Guys for some reason when I use a remote streaming app it only allows me to view then channel that is currently zapped on my box.

it was never like this and I have been able in the past to display a different channel on my ipad/phone than that on the box.

I have selected the option in the app that I have a multituner so dont zap the box.

Any ideas what has changed?

Could it be my tuner config?... I have tuner c equal to tuner b

I also noticed that a red 'R' shows on the box under the channel I am playing on my iphone/ipad.
    There seems to be a bug with the tuner config C=B. Setting up C as a single satellite with the same settings as B works.

That tells you your signal is coming from a different mast

I am using the same 2 frequencies that worked on Hyperion for me (Mullaghanish 474 and 498Mhz)

I am using the same 2 frequencies that worked on Hyperion for me (Mullaghanish 474 and 498Mhz)

Update : I finally decided to upgrade to Hyperion 3 and it seems to be working so it's definitely an ar-p issue. Now I just have to set it all up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PasPer2

Championc, will you be releasing a backup image using Hyperion V3 for the AA2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

sellin my own alien2 triple tuner,
    anyone? :)

• Advertisement

PasPer2 wrote: »
    Championc, will you be releasing a backup image using Hyperion V3 for the AA2?

No plans as of yet. I don't really have the time right now and in all honesty, v2 is doing all I want it to do so unless there is a significant ommission from v2 that is present in v3, then I think I'm more likely to be waiting around for the next version of AR-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. I want to install a new image on my Dads box. He has been using Yodas April 2013 Satstation image for the last while but in the last month the box keeps freezing and getting the green screen.

He only uses the box for watching tv and also downloading from TS Media so was wondering if you could recommend a good image that would be easy for him to use.

Thanks.

gazzer wrote: »
    Folks. I want to install a new image on my Dads box. He has been using Yodas April 2013 Satstation image for the last while but in the last month the box keeps freezing and getting the green screen.

He only uses the box for watching tv and also downloading from TS Media so was wondering if you could recommend a good image that would be easy for him to use.

Thanks.
    TSMedia has gone to sh1t lately, lots of links not working causing green screens. If you have the latest version 4.4 it won't green screen or freeze, it'll just say link not available or something like that. Most of us here are using Hyperion v2 or the recently released Hyperion v3. I'm running v3 and have no complaints, only thing I couldn't get working is Tsmedia but that's down to the app itself and not Hyperion.

I have a 1TB USB3 Hard Disk connected into the back of my Alien2 that I use to make recordings and it works fine. If I want to watch those recordings on say my laptop I plug it out and plug it into my laptop or else I go into FileZilla and copy the file over the network to my laptop.

What I'd like is to be able to stream those recordings to my laptop like the way I can use OpenWebIf to stream a TV channel. I was looking into getting a USB NAS Adapter which would connect my USB drive to the router but not sure if that would do a good job of streaming video recordings.

Anyone who uses a NAS drive with your Alien2 can you let me know the name/model and does it work well or any opinion on what is a good one to go for?

Cheers,

Flex

I have a 1TB USB3 Hard Disk connected into the back of my Alien2 that I use to make recordings and it works fine. If I want to watch those recordings on say my laptop I plug it out and plug it into my laptop or else I go into FileZilla and copy the file over the network to my laptop.

What I'd like is to be able to stream those recordings to my laptop like the way I can use OpenWebIf to stream a TV channel. I was looking into getting a USB NAS Adapter which would connect my USB drive to the router but not sure if that would do a good job of streaming video recordings.

Anyone who uses a NAS drive with your Alien2 can you let me know the name/model and does it work well or any opinion on what is a good one to go for?

Cheers,

Flex
    No need for a nas drive, just click on movies in openWebif! Select recording and download.

• Advertisement

Or if using my image, it was setup with Samba Server ready and working. On your laptop, just map a network drive or click Start, Run

\\Box_IP\hdd

Thanks Gents.. That is pretty cool!

There it was all along in OpenWebIf.. on the left, clicked the 'Stream' menu then 'Movies'. I'll give Samba Server a go too.. could be handier for streaming around music and photos organised into their own folders.

Flex

I find that the HD shows up in my windoze network as GM990HD just like any other PC on my network. I can access any part of the hard disc from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snoon

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to stream recordings from the HDD to a Sony PS3?

I don't really know much about openwebif or what it can do - I was going to get a NAS drive like FlexMurphy but maybe it can already do it and I'm just missing the know how.

I'm using Techguys V3 image.

Cheers
    Shaun

Or if using my image, it was setup with Samba Server ready and working..

How did you get Samba Server working championc? I had a look in PKT BluePanel > Mount Center > SMB Server but when I go green button to Run Server I get 'smb.conf is missing or corrupted'. In Filezilla I can't see a smb.conf in /var/etc or /etc/samba but in /var/bin it looks like the samba binaries are there alright. Did you just create an smb.conf file yourself?
    I find that the HD shows up in my windoze network as GM990HD just like any other PC on my network.

How did you set that up Gerry? Was it using Samba too then map a network drive in Windows?

Flex

I setup Samba as a Plugin, so nothing to do with Blue Panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

flying along with the setup off my alien2 using image Champions_Hyperion_V2-selected.

to get it prefect is it possible to get the following

• 4OD
    • BBC iplayer using some sort of proxy
    • web browser, spark has opera, so cant see why e2 doesnt have one

I've read on other forums:
    ITV Player, BBC Player and 4OD work in Enigma2 under the OnDemand Plugin. They use Tunelr in the code to bypass geoblocking.

However, I don't think it works on Alien 2, something to do with its processor. If anyone has a link to such a plugin that works on an Alien 2 then we could see if it will work in this also green and similarly pleasant land with something like ExpatShield running to simulate a UK IP address?

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Looking at buying an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner relatively soon, is it foolish considering how long they've been on the market or is it still a great box to buy?

Also is there a definitive list of instructions for installing the Hyperion image?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Kevin! wrote: »
    Looking at buying an Amiko alien 2 triple tuner relatively soon, is it foolish considering how long they've been on the market or is it still a great box to buy?

Also is there a definitive list of instructions for installing the Hyperion image\irish channels?

Thanks

is the best one in his price range,
    a lot of guides how to make it working as you like can be found on the net, mate as a few different images for the box out there.
    personally, I had loads of fun setting it up by myself as its almost impossible to brick it up :) but have no spare time anymore so selling my alien2 :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement