Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

Is there any box released yet that has triple/quad tuners with internal HDD for PVR?

I don't think so, but have just been asked so thought to check here ..... hope ye don't mind the OT question ..... the Amiko Alien seems to be the closest device to what is required.

Yes, but they are twice the price, check out the Vuplus Ultimo or the Gigablue Quad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

smee again wrote: »
    Yes, but they are twice the price, check out the Vuplus Ultimo or the Gigablue Quad

From what I can read neither of those have an internal HDD or space to fit one.

Am I getting it wrong?

EDIT: ...... reading some more ..... seems I got it wrong
    Linux based triple HDTV and digital satellite receiver, PVR ready via USB, eSATA or internal SATA HDD.
    VU-ULTIMO-Triple-Linux-HDTV-Receiver-PVR-ready

..... and the Gigablue seems to have
    Internal
    E-SATA

Thanks for the information ;)

I have something to suggest now :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

BBC One HD is giving me a message about 'not being able to show programmes for my area'

Whats this and will a rescan sort it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Agueroooo wrote: »
    BBC One HD is giving me a message about 'not being able to show programmes for my area'

Whats this and will a rescan sort it?

Whatever they are showing is not being broadcast in hd, you just have to watch that programmer in sd

Edit:it actually says on screen what to do! Go to channel 101!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

I think thats normal for that time of day. They break away to regional programming and the BBC HD One channel just has a splash screen for 30 minutes. At 7pm when they go back to national coverage it will be normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I think that command doesn't drill down through all folders and their contents. If you open up FileZilla, connect to your enigma2 image and click on the little black binoculars at the top of the screen it will search recursively through all folders for a specific file name.

Alternatively you could just look in /var/emu where the Oscam binary is usually kept and /var/keys where the configuration files usually go.

Flex

Hi Flex,

I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I'm trying to update to 9077 as mentioned in a previous post.

I've downloaded oscam-svn9077-sh4-amino-webif-Distribution.zip and unzipped it to a folder on my PC. This contains a folder docs, with four sub folders (example, html, man & txt) with a load of files in each sub folder.

Firstly, is this the right file i should download?

I've Ftp'ed into my box and found the var/emu folder, it contains two files;
    oscam_8699 & oscam_8988.

I don't know what file i drop into this folder or what amendments i make to the existing files in that folder. Can you please advise. There is no file called oscam_9077 in the file I've downloaded.

Also in ther folder you mentioned (var/keys), what files do i drop into this folder? You mention configutator files, but i don't know which files you mean in the zip file I've downloaded. (i.e. which files from which folder in the zip file?)

I've looked for a guide on-line how to do all this but i can't find one which does it for newbies.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭mustang68

Hello!

I can't seem to scan mux2 on my amiko alien :(

I can find 19 channels on mux 1 (three rock 546MHz, 8Hz bandwidth) but nothing on MUX 2 which I believe is 570MHz. I'm using championc's Hyperion image. Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

basill wrote: »
    Its all hard wired here at home. When I go into the oscam interface where do I find the speed? Cheers.

It's in the status page, in LB Value/Reader column & also gives about 20 lines of previous history.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Gazedor

Hi Flex,

I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I'm trying to update to 9077 as mentioned in a previous post.

I've downloaded oscam-svn9077-sh4-amino-webif-Distribution.zip and unzipped it to a folder on my PC. This contains a folder docs, with four sub folders (example, html, man & txt) with a load of files in each sub folder.

Firstly, is this the right file i should download?

I've Ftp'ed into my box and found the var/emu folder, it contains two files;
    oscam_8699 & oscam_8988.

I don't know what file i drop into this folder or what amendments i make to the existing files in that folder. Can you please advise. There is no file called oscam_9077 in the file I've downloaded.

Also in ther folder you mentioned (var/keys), what files do i drop into this folder? You mention configutator files, but i don't know which files you mean in the zip file I've downloaded. (i.e. which files from which folder in the zip file?)

I've looked for a guide on-line how to do all this but i can't find one which does it for newbies.

TIA

You should have 3 items when you unzip, the docs folder, a file called changes and the oscam file. Anyway you only need the oscam file, I've uploaded mine to DB for ya https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvn83fzo1khr3ct/oscam_9077

Just FTP it to VAR/EMU. If you already have oscam then just leave your config files in VAR/KEYS as they are, no need to update. Finally remember to press the portal button, go to emu manager, press red button to stop oscam, press across to select new oscam the press green(i think) to restart oscam

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

mustang68 wrote: »
    Hello!

I can find 19 channels on mux 1 (three rock 546MHz, 8Hz bandwidth) but nothing on MUX 2 which I believe is 570MHz. I'm using championc's Hyperion image. Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks

what are you using? Aerial in attic, outside aerial, rabbit ears etc?

Had same issue in my mams house when using rabbit ears. Got a bigger aerial (for use in attic), connected it beside the box, ran the scan, picked up the "new" mux2 RTE1 and then disconnected aerial.
    Once I reconnected the rabbit ears, it could still get signal (albeit not as strong) on Mux2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Hello!

Thanks

I am having similar (but different) problems with the second mux.
    I have the Golden Media Triplex+ (DVB-T2 tuner) and it is only on Hyperion that I can get the second mux!

I presume you are using a manual scan of the 570mhz frequency and that you can tune another device (Saorview tv or other stb) to the second mux

it is probably worth trying another enigma2 version to see if you can tume in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

It's in the status page, in LB Value/Reader column & also gives about 20 lines of previous history.

Found it. Range is around the 175-250ms mark from what I can see. Whats the norm?

I upgraded oscam to 8988 from within the Pkteam plugins and things on the whole seem better for the past day or so. Only a small amount of pixellation and it disappears quickly back to a normal picture. As the other poster above says, still no idea how to upgrade oscam to a newer version though without using plugins. A google search tends to throw up how to insert c/nlines into oscam rather than the software itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snoon

Mine just says No Data in the LB Value/Reader column?

Any ideal why or how I get this to show the correct values?

Cheers

basill wrote: »
    Found it. Range is around the 175-250ms mark from what I can see. Whats the norm?

I upgraded oscam to 8988 from within the Pkteam plugins and things on the whole seem better for the past day or so. Only a small amount of pixellation and it disappears quickly back to a normal picture. As the other poster above says, still no idea how to upgrade oscam to a newer version though without using plugins. A google search tends to throw up how to insert c/nlines into oscam rather than the software itself.

that's better than mine - but when i see glitching/pixelation the speed is usually above 6/7oo ms. it's either traffic at my side or on traffic at supplier side.
    If you are seeing pixelation at 175-250ms then I don't know what would be causing it. If u see occasional pixelation - might be worth going straight into oscam & see if there was a slow response on the history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

hi everyone im lookimg for some help setting up usals on aa2 triple
    running open-pli hybrid.Im ok setting spark up with usals but going wrong somewhere when trying to setup on e2.Could anyone point me to a faq
    or a link that will help me i also cant get it to scan in T chans im located in liverpool.Ive never used e2 b4 so ive a lot to learn.
    cheers
    edit think ive sorted the problem with usals by setting pilot to auto.

stevenpc wrote: »
    or a link that will help me i also cant get it to scan in T chans im located in liverpool.Ive never used e2 b4 so ive a lot to learn.

There are a number of us having problems with tuning a second terrestrial mux here in Ireland - in Liverpool you have many muxes (not sure how many) so that could be a related issue.
    I have found that some versions of e2 work better than others so it might be worth trying another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

bappelbe wrote: »
    There are a number of us having problems with tuning a second terrestrial mux here in Ireland - in Liverpool you have many muxes (not sure how many) so that could be a related issue.
    I have found that some versions of e2 work better than others so it might be worth trying another one.

im going round the bend i sorted the T chans by in the setup selecting it to scan europe freq that did the trick.When i tried scanning with it set for uk
    it didnt bring anything in.
    But im now back to the usals settings i thought i had sorted it when it went to 19.2 but now when i select another sat to scan i get nothing the dish doesnt seem to move.
    So i would be forever thankfull if there is a faq anywhere that is easy to follow to setup with usals with the image im trying.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭eddie_

Hi could anyone help me, i have a amiko alien combo box and triple tuner box . The problem i am having is on the combi box i cant get the soarview channels in on a terrestrial search does any now what channel/transponder/freq/etc that i need to get them in.I am living in the bettystown/dundalk area,i get rte+1 like a test channel only.any help would be great.Thanks

eddie_ wrote: »
    Hi could anyone help me, i have a amiko alien combo box and triple tuner box . The problem i am having is on the combi box i cant get the soarview channels in on a terrestrial search does any now what channel/transponder/freq/etc that i need to get them in.I am living in the bettystown/dundalk area,i get rte+1 like a test channel only.any help would be great.Thanks

Check which transmitter you are using at:
    http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

then you can wikipedia the transmitter (if you are using Clarmont Carn see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clermont_Carn) and get the frequencies.
    Do a manual scan on both frequencies.

I have had trouble with my GM Triplex (in theory the same box) with some versions of Enigma2. I find the Hyperion 2&3 work whereas others don't get both muxes

• Advertisement

hi sorry i am new to this dtt system. what is hyperion 2&3. why will the box not pick up the clarmont carn transmitter automatic when i do a search.many thanks for your help

hi sorry i am new to this dtt system. what is hyperion 2&3. why will the box not pick up the clarmont carn transmitter automatic when i do a search.many thanks for your help

Are you running Spark or Enigma?

hi i tried all the channels on the on the transmitter in clarmont carn and still cant get any channels, i would be grateful if anyone one had any ideas on how to get the channels.thanks

hi smee i am using enigma.

hi smee i am using enigma.

It's come up a few times on the thread, you need to find the frequency of the mast and scan manually with the bandwidth set to 8Mhz. Scan the first frequency with clear before scan enabled, then turn it off for the second frequency

on the amiko box i have it only allows blind scan on it.

• Advertisement

on the amiko box i have it only allows blind scan on it.

Menu->setup->service searching->manual scan. Tuner A is usually your terestrial tuner (says DVB-T not DVB-S), set the frequency manually and set to 8Mhz

thanks smee i will try that when i get home tonight.thanks for the help.

thanks smee i will try that when i get home tonight.thanks for the help.

Work out your frequencies
    http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/coverage-map/
    http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/tuning-saorview/

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Cleremont Carn 754000
    Kilkeel (UK Freesat Light) 666000 , 642000 & 618200

If you are located south of Clermont Carn do a manual scan , single transponder on each on each of these.

• Advertisement

what is hyperion 2&3.

Hyperion is a type (flavour) of enigma2 version 3 has recently been released version 2 is used be a number of people still. There are other types of enigma2 - HDMU, AR-P and more.

The automatic search does not seem to work correctly so we use the manual search as smee has told you

I'm using Champion's new AR-P on triplex. Very happy with it overall but finding it a little buggy - green screens on cool search & 1 channel, placing in stand-by. Going by Champion's feedback seems only triplex having this issue. Anyone figure out a fix for this?

I'm using Champion's new AR-P on triplex. Very happy with it overall but finding it a little buggy - green screens on cool search & 1 channel, placing in stand-by. Going by Champion's feedback seems only triplex having this issue. Anyone figure out a fix for this?

Have you managed to tune saorview on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Needs a crash log posted up .. you should find this on your HDD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭lgs 4

If people are having so many problems with the above box . Put it in the bin and go buy a Humax , A problem free box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

lgs 4 wrote: »
    If people are having so many problems with the above box . Put it in the bin and go buy a Humax , A problem free box

Nice trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭mustang68

I am having similar (but different) problems with the second mux.
    I have the Golden Media Triplex+ (DVB-T2 tuner) and it is only on Hyperion that I can get the second mux!

I presume you are using a manual scan of the 570mhz frequency and that you can tune another device (Saorview tv or other stb) to the second mux

it is probably worth trying another enigma2 version to see if you can tume in

Hello!

I took the advise and changed to championc's new arp image, (after the failed scan I rebooted and it went into a boot loop) but I still have the same problem. 546khz finds 19 channels, 570khz finds nothing. I have an external aerial and I'm line of sight to three rock. Anything else I'm missing?

Have you managed to tune saorview on that?

I haven't had any problems with saorview - just do complete scan on terrestrial & picks up all channels something like 33 channels. Didn't change any of the settings. On mount leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Hi folks.

Got a AA2 box recently (triple tuner with dvb-t2). Set things up on Spark (firmware 1.2.51)
    So now I want to load an enigma image. I am trying to follow Pog's instructions posted at the start of this thread.
    However, I an struck at the first step. In that I cann't open the "software upgrade" in the spark menu. It wont allow me to even highlight it. i can select "message" and "config" but none of the other options . I have a wired connection (I can open videos in with the youtube app)
    any ideas? I have read through a lot of this thread ,but haven't seen this issue. I did see where someone said that spark had closed off the software update options due to a bug during the summer.

I haven't had any problems with saorview - just do complete scan on terrestrial & picks up all channels something like 33 channels. Didn't change any of the settings. On mount leinster.

Well that seems to mean that it is not the fact that it is a GM Triplex that is the problem.

• Advertisement

Hello!

I took the advise and changed to championc's new arp image, (after the failed scan I rebooted and it went into a boot loop) but I still have the same problem. 546khz finds 19 channels, 570khz finds nothing. I have an external aerial and I'm line of sight to three rock. Anything else I'm missing?

Is it tuning in properly on another box/tv or in SPARK?

I am using Hyperion 3 at the moment and am very happy with it - the scan worked as it was supposed to.

Slevster wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Got a AA2 box recently (triple tuner with dvb-t2). Set things up on Spark (firmware 1.2.51)
    So now I want to load an enigma image. I am trying to follow Pog's instructions posted at the start of this thread.
    However, I an struck at the first step. In that I cann't open the "software upgrade" in the spark menu. It wont allow me to even highlight it. i can select "message" and "config" but none of the other options . I have a wired connection (I can open videos in with the youtube app)
    any ideas? I have read through a lot of this thread ,but haven't seen this issue. I did see where someone said that spark had closed off the software update options due to a bug during the summer.

There have been problems with versions of spark before 1.2.65 (weather app caused the problems)
    You can download a version at Amikostb.com

if you use one of Championcs images first it will set you up without having to do anything.
    if you want to make your own image POGs guide is probably a bit out of date now (eg Autobouquets no longer needs dvbsnoop)

I have downloaded and extracted the 1.2.51 e2 boot upgrade to a USB, but it seems that the box wont play ball with it. The box recognises that a usb device has been plugged in, but doesn't recognise it (can select the pvr settings, and when i try a test, it says no drive detected) Its a transent 16gb. have tried formatting it. I know others have had this problem. Is it the box? the flash drive or just me?

There have been problems with versions of spark before 1.2.65 (weather app caused the problems)
    You can download a version at Amikostb.com

if you use one of Championcs images first it will set you up without having to do anything.
    if you want to make your own image POGs guide is probably a bit out of date now (eg Autobouquets no longer needs dvbsnoop)

Ok. Thanks. will give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Hi folks.
    I have downloaded and extracted the 1.2.51 e2 boot upgrade to a USB, but it seems that the box wont play ball with it. The box recognises that a usb device has been plugged in,

Are you plugging the key into the rear of the AA2 and is it formatted as Fat32?

Flex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Hello!

I was sure it was already setup with scanned for Three Rock and they were the channels listed in the separate SD Streaming bouquet

Are you plugging the key into the rear of the AA2 and is it formatted as Fat32?

Flex

Yep. Fat32 , back port. following the instructions from your earlier link (thanks for digging that out). get the t to error when restart with key plugged in. will try to dig out another usb key.

Yep. Fat32 , back port. following the instructions from your earlier link (thanks for digging that out). get the t to error when restart with key plugged in. will try to dig out another usb key.

The brand Kingston is recommended in several places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

If you can't find a compatible USB key you can also install Spark firmware and enigma2 images onto AA2 without using a USB Key. With the firmware/image on your PC you can transfer it onto the AA2 using a network cable. It's a little bit complicated but it works.

You would need to:

1. Install Cisco TFTP Software
    2. Follow these instructions
    3. Temporarily change your computers IP address to 192.168.40.19. On Win7 I went into Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Local Area Connection > Double Click Internet Protocol Version 4 and change in there...

Flex

• Advertisement

thanks for advise. ended up robbing sd card from the camera and formatting it, and using a card reader plugged into the rear box port. seems to be loading as we speak( has the "U LD" flashing on the display. am guessing it will take a few minutes.
    But thank you for yer help.will let you know how it turns out .

fully loaded. cheers to all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement