Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BN013 Computing Information Technology (Mature Student)

• 21-07-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I hope someone can give me a bit of help. I am trying to find a sample timetable for first year BN013. Cannot seem to find a link anywhere.

Just wondering what are the course hours and does it cover the 5 days.

Thanks in advance.
    :)

Comments

amyrose1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope someone can give me a bit of help. I am trying to find a sample timetable for first year BN013. Cannot seem to find a link anywhere.

Just wondering what are the course hours and does it cover the 5 days.

Thanks in advance.
    Cant really give a timetable, as first year has changed since I done it. There is probably a first year from last year on here who could give it to you.

But as a guide, normally each module will have 2hr lecture and 2hr lab session per week. Stuff like programming normally has 2x2hr lab sessions. This was the case when I was in first year.

My year was split into groups. Some groups were in every day, some has one day off. Classes can run anytime from 9-6.

Best of luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amyrose1

Thanks for that info. It looks like a course where missing classes would result in quickly falling behind. Unfortunately I will be doing this around kids so trying to see how practical it is to take it on. 6pm would be a non runner for me unfortunately.

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Cheers

amyrose1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that info. It looks like a course where missing classes would result in quickly falling behind. Unfortunately I will be doing this around kids so trying to see how practical it is to take it on. 6pm would be a non runner for me unfortunately.

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
    Cheers
    It depends. Some of the work is tough and some is isn't too difficult. It really depends on how quickly you can pick things up. For me, in first year, first semester, I found most of the stuff quite easy. Simply because I picked it up easily, there were some people in my class who found it difficult.

If you are unlucky enough to get a lecture in 4-6 (I have one in every semester so far :( ) and you attend none of them, then yes, expect to fail, unless you give the module extra effort, and study it at home.

As for now, I would advise spending a few hours each week learning Java, it will help you immensely! Take a look here (Although ITB use some slight different variations of what are taught in these tutorials ;), these will be a great help. ) Important: You will not use Eclipse until second year, you will use a program called TextPad (like Notepad) to write Java. Do around the first 26 vids, hey cover what I did for first semester in first year ;)

And finally, Networking also plays a major part in the entire course, so I would also recommend having a look through these just to familiarize yourself before starting the Cisco course in ITB ;)

Advertisement