Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCC official checking electoral register skerries?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Man in a red polo shirt now going round houses in Skerries with a photocopy of the electoral register check the names of residents. I don't remember this happening before. Why not do this on a week day evening? - he is not wearing any obvious ID.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had one here last night in Swords - they do it every so often. As it's done by civil servants as an extra job, they usually do it in the evenings and at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

cbreeze wrote: »
    Man in a red polo shirt now going round houses in Skerries with a photocopy of the electoral register check the names of residents. I don't remember this happening before. Why not do this on a week day evening? - he is not wearing any obvious ID.

Did you ask to see any ID?

Its a common enough thing tbh. Just saves you the hassle of getting yourself added if you are not added. You dont have to talk to them if you dont want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Same guy called in here today. We've had it before. He just asked us to confirm that we are who we are. He obviously had the info anyway so no harm in confirming it. My wife was the one who spoke with him so I only caught a glimpse. Didn't see any obvious ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Did you ask to see any ID?

Its a common enough thing tbh. Just saves you the hassle of getting yourself added if you are not added. You dont have to talk to them if you dont want to.

Someone else got to the door before me! I thought about running up the road after him

Advertisement