Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IADT transferring?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I'm starting Fine Art in IADT this September but now I want my third choice, I know i probably won't get it but are there chances of Switching Majors to Graphic Design in the Second Semester or something?

I was in DCU before and know that was possible but I know some colleges cant transferr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EoinDM

I'm in the Business & Humanities School in IADT, so it might be a little different.. but when I started first year I remember them telling us if we wanted to change to another course in IADT and qualified for it (got the points etc) then they would try their best to sort it out. I know of people who have moved from my degree (Entrepreneurship & Management) to Business and Arts Management, but you might only be able to swap when you're going into second year.

You should get in contact with the Student Union Education Officer - Lisa Murphy - you can get her on 0860270709 or educationiadt@gmail.com, she'll be more than happy to help you out if she can!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

xblinkx - no you can't.

There is no internal transfer between programmes in year 1. The only way to get a place in year 1 of any programme at IADT is to apply through the CAO and be offered and accept a place.

You can apply for a direct entry place to another programme during your first year and if you complete your first year, have a suitable portfolio and there are places available in the second programme you may be successful in transferring to start in year 2.

hope that helps.

Advertisement