Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Cut

Options
  • 21-07-2012 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Just heard on Newstalk that John Delaney who has links with Waterford and Waterford Utd has agreed to take a 10% pay cut to do his job in the FAI. How will the poor man now live of €360,000 a year. At Waterford United's next home game and at the first round of games in the new Junior League Season, would it be idea if someone held a bucket collection and help him bring back some of what he is giving up.

Seriously, How can anybody justify themselves getting such money in this day and age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Poor John, imagine having to take a pay cut like that...he must be devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

What's the issue here, wouldn't it be worse if he decided to award himself a 10% rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

Fai stupid enough to pay him that in the first place !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Apparently Fran Rooney brought in th is ridiculous salary when he was in charge,one would assume around the 100 k mark would be where the salary should be by looking at other nations.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I don't think this is paid by the tax payer, so its a private agreement. No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Black Suir wrote: »
    Just heard on Newstalk that John Delaney who has links with Waterford and Waterford Utd has agreed to take a 10% pay cut to do his job in the FAI. How will the poor man now live of €360,000 a year. At Waterford United's next home game and at the first round of games in the new Junior League Season, would it be idea if someone held a bucket collection and help him bring back some of what he is giving up.

Seriously, How can anybody justify themselves getting such money in this day and age.

Would you turn it down if offered to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

It's though at the top lads!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTun_u4ONl9FsjXyJZsVrUE0dNrtT1FyxXz24Fy1ZdivVw0CPMi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Those neckties he throws to the Irish fans after each match must be expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Would you turn it down if offered to you?

Honest Answer - If someone offered me €360,000 or €400,00 a year to do a job, would i take it?

NO. I would turn it down. I am not motivated in one way or another by money. I am happy to get by on just enough money that i need each week that i need to put food on the table and pay the bills. I dont think anybody is worth that sort of money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Sully wrote: »

No that's Trapps salary

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »

The money comes from some place, IE the fans. I am sure that the fans would much prefer to see this money go into the clubs rather than to one individual. If clubs like St James Gate, Kilkenny City, Monaghan United were given just a small amount of this money, maybe they might be still playing League of Ireland. I heard someone from Waterford United on the radio today with Kevin Casey and they were saying that they are finding things tough. Was it five weeks they said they went without a home game, meaning that little or no income was coming in to the club in that length of time. If they were give say €5,000 to €10,000 a year out of what Delaney is getting, I am sure it would help them in no small way to balance their books.

Doom wrote: »
    No that's Trapps salary

Does Enda's friend still pay the most of Trapps salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Does Enda's friend still pay the most of Trapps salary.

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Very bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The money comes from some place, IE the fans. I am sure that the fans would much prefer to see this money go into the clubs rather than to one individual. If clubs like St James Gate, Kilkenny City, Monaghan United were given just a small amount of this money, maybe they might be still playing League of Ireland. I heard someone from Waterford United on the radio today with Kevin Casey and they were saying that they are finding things tough. Was it five weeks they said they went without a home game, meaning that little or no income was coming in to the club in that length of time. If they were give say €5,000 to €10,000 a year out of what Delaney is getting, I am sure it would help them in no small way to balance their books.

Was it five weeks without a home game? you tell us, you posted it here.

I'm no fan of Delaney but then again I'm no fan of any FAI head guys but under Delaney Ireland qualified for a major tournment, missed out on another after a play off, they've earned a lot of money under his stewardship. It's because of him that a lot more clubs haven't gone out of business. Also, if the people of Kilkenney, Monaghan or Galway won't support their clubs they can't blame Delaney, sorry shouldn't balme Delaney but of course they will.

Delaney is far from perfect but to criticise him for taking a 10% is pathetic. And for the record I'm not a Waterford man in case people think I'm supporting the local man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Well to put things in perspective i think the head of the Spanish FA is getting about 100,000 a year, I heard this quite recently but i cant say what the exact figure is, around the 100,000 mark, Still he's getting paid too much like most people at the top, Enda gets more than Obama and our politicians get paid too much,
    The social welfare system isnt insentivised either.

Advertisement