Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing ak mags

Options
  • 21-07-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

hello all.Im looking to import ak magizines,maybe about 5 of them and Im wondering about the legalities of this ? Ill be converting the mags to fit my airsoft aeg.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

If you can get them gutted and the feed lips cut off you should be fine… basically just get shells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would'nt risk it. Firearm components are considered firearms in themselves, You need a firearms licence to import parts and if you don't have one and it is stopped by customs you can be done for importing firearms. Also if you are buying them within the EU you will need an import licence from the DoJ.
    And I don't think they will look kindly on AK mags as we all know who used to love the aul AK. I would'nt risk anything on my record over a toy.

But what if their deact with no spring or feed tray and the lips cut off?

Also are you aware that there is a Taiwan based manufacturer that make 1:1 replicas as they are stamped steel and have the correct markings embossed :)

You can get a nicely priced bundle here:
    600rnd high caps: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=LCT-PK-108&search=special&rs=Lct%20&catid=&cat=

70rnd mid caps: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=LCT-PK-122&search=special&rs=Lct%20&catid=&cat=

Either way you get a beat little display rack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

I'd imagine you need to undergo the same procedures as is you were importing a dea-activated firearm. As stated above even the magazine is classed as a firearm in this country. Even the stock of a gun is as far as I know.

And why do you need all the markings and stamps on the magazine like a real AK? Ive seen some airsoft guns for sale online that are 1:1 scale and made from metal. Surely when you're playing action man the last thing a lad you're shooting at is going to be looking at is the realistic properties of your airsoft gun. . . let alone the magazine.

I'd imagine you need to undergo the same procedures as is you were importing a dea-activated firearm. As stated above even the magazine is classed as a firearm in this country. Even the stock of a gun is as far as I know.

And why do you need all the markings and stamps on the magazine like a real AK? Ive seen some airsoft guns for sale online that are 1:1 scale and made from metal. Surely when you're playing action man the last thing a lad you're shooting at is going to be looking at is the realistic properties of your airsoft gun. . . let alone the magazine.

Eh… you would have to be an airsofter to understand… you might aswell ask a ww2 re-enacter why he's willing to sped 2,500 on a German uniform and a half convincing prop for a weapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Thank for the help.But Im more of a collector then a true airsofter so realism is the key.All my aegs are based on eastern block weapons and they may have started life as aeg but I have replaced as many parts as possible with real steel components as this is as close as Ill ever get to owning real steel.

As for the ltc replica mags ,they are just that replicas.

Ah well best of luck bud :)

Advertisement