Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lollapalooza?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭

Anyone going this year? Decent line up and I got offered a 3 day pass for face value and I've a few mates in Chicago and I'm in NYC for the summer so said might as well. Heard it's usually a great atmosphere and a lot cleaner/safer/friendlier than any Irish festival, which wouldn't be hard I suppose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Dodgy business paying up front for stuff in the US these days..If loolapoolza collapses dont be expecting the Irish tax payer to cover your losses.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I'll be there, shaping up to be good crack, managed to get tickets for the janes addiction after party too so whatever else that should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

It's SUCH a different atmosphere to an Irish festival!

I went last year and loved it. I did miss the craic of camping though; Lollapalooza is a day thing where you go home each night.

Enjoy, I'm well jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

As marshmallow said above, it is brilliant craic. Went last year and I have nothing but good things to say, the atmosphere is incredible. Very different to this side of the globe. Went to Download this year and while it was fantastic and did have an amazing line up that suited my tastes perfectly, I still had a much better time at Lolla last year even if the lineup wasn't as good as Download's (for me anyway). The sunshine, being smack bang in the middle of a huge city, the things to do between all the stages, all the free stuff that gets handed out, it's just what every festival should be like!

To say I'm jealous would be a massive understatement! It's definitely a festival I will make the trip for again, it's just a shame flights are so damn expensive!

Enjoy, you're going to bloody love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers for the replies, guys! Really looking forward to it now. :D

• Advertisement

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Duff wrote: »
    Unbelievable.

I can only assume you're referring to the evacuation and subsequent mudfest upon re-entry? Major buzzkill by the sounds of it, at least it wasn't cancelled i guess. We only got rain on the last night towards the end last year, at which point it got very muddy but the rest of the festival was perfect. Saw the vids on youtube though, looked crazy. Hope you enjoy it overall though!

Yeah, the storm was crazy. Mud isn't as bad as you'd think though. Not by Oxegen/Electric Picnic standards anyway! Didn't dampen the atmosphere at all and all the acts still played their full sets. Really enjoying it. :)

Advertisement