Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking in Letterkenny

• 21-07-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I was thinking that it might be an idea to start some kind of forum walking group in Letterkenny.

We could meet up somewhere in the town and walk an agreed route a few times a week. It would be a good way to meet new people, keep fit and keep motivated.

Does anyone have any opinions on when would be the best times to do this, or where we could meet/walk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

No interest in this?

I thought given the number of people out and about that people might like the company.
    Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

A similar thread was started a few months ago in relation to running in Letterkenny but i dont think there was much interest in it either. Surprising given the amount of people you meet on the roads these days. Maybe they all have ipods or rather their own company.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

What did you have in mind?

I would be interested in some sort of hill walking group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

martyeds wrote: »
    A similar thread was started a few months ago in relation to running in Letterkenny but i dont think there was much interest in it either. Surprising given the amount of people you meet on the roads these days. Maybe they all have ipods or rather their own company.
    I was thinking I'd seen one for that, I just figured walking might appeal to most people, especially for the social side of it.
    It's suitable for any fitness level and age.
    It's a sad age if people prefer their ipods to actual human company.
    piston wrote: »
    What did you have in mind?

I would be interested in some sort of hill walking group.
    I was thinking more of some walking around the town, on the footpaths. I'm trying to make it social, enjoyable and accessable to as many people as possible.
    No special equipment is needed for the town, hillwalking requires boots and the likes which might exclude some people who are tight for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cd1

Try suggesting saturday at 10am. Meet at dunnes. Car pool and walk in ards forest park or glenveagh or Churchill to start. Flat easy walks in nature. There is also a forest around glenswilly area im not sure about. Post up notice in tesco or dunnes. Good time now. Gud luk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement