Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card debt

Options
  • 21-07-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have an outstanding €8000 balance on my AIB visa 'be' card. I struggle to meet minimun payment each month. I am currently on maternity leave and am due back to work in January . What are my best options? Can I transfer that balance onto another cc and not pay intrest for a while? Is bank loan better option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i think a bank loan is the best option. aib would be the most likely to take this on board. give them a call through telephone banking and they can put you through to their direct banking team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 murakami

does anyone have experience with transferring the debt onto another card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Have you got another card already with a special low rate for balance transfers? If not then it wont help, you will not get a new one at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 murakami

no I don't have one...but I got one of my friends to sort me out with 5500€:)

it leaves me with 2500€ on the visa

any idea will I be able to transfer this new lower balance onto new one ?

Advertisement