Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Cam Security System for Home

Options
  • 21-07-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been asked for some recommendations on home CCTV systems so thought I'd come here since I haven't a clue myself. I only know about vehicle DVR's.

Looking for 3 cameras anyway and I know the selling points on the vehicle DVR's are HD and good memory.

Because the person asking has no idea how much something like this would cost, they don't really know their budget. They just want a reliable, affordable solution and of course having the essential features.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Had a look at the likes of dealextreme but there's too much there to know what to go with so any recommendations would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭david85

I Have Used this company on more than one occasion. They supply every thing you need from less expensive dvr to HD quality cams and recorders.
    Hope this can help you out

http://www.videcon.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Try these guys they in midlands and are opening a showroom soon have everything from internal to external, IR to HD, and if its not in showroom can be dispatched in 1-2 days directly to your door!!!

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies. Had a quick look and the systems all seem maybe a bit too professional? Was thinking if there was just some kind of camera that had it's own built in DVR that would just record to an SD card with motion detection or something like that. I'm thinking about €300 for the full system, would that be possible or would you guys suggest getting a hard drive system with all cameras connected to the one box?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

@ ei0675

Please do not post mobile numbers or emails .
    Please take a look over the forum charter here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954199

Advertisement