Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prospective business/ economics/ finance/ accounting/ marketing/ management/ students

• 21-07-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Think we deserve our own thread..

This is for anyone interested in studying these fields!

Science&technology may be the hottest jobs on offer today, but it's enterprising people who create the companies facilitating these jobs! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Think we deserve our own thread..

This is for anyone interested in studying these fields!

Science&technology may be the hottest jobs on offer today, but it's enterprising people who create the companies facilitating these jobs! ;)

Woo! Well i'm doing a Joint Civil Law & Business degree so I guess i'm here too! Super excited to be studying Economics in 1st year, Financial Accounting.. Not so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Woo! Well i'm doing a Joint Civil Law & Business degree so I guess i'm here too! Super excited to be studying Economics in 1st year, Financial Accounting.. Not so much!

Oh god, I feel your pain with accounting, hope you can get by :P

Economics ftw :cool:

Oh god, I feel your pain with accounting, hope you can get by :P

Economics ftw :cool:

Love me some Economics! Was going to go for a BCL Law & Economics, but decided for the BBL Law & Business in the end! What course do you wanna do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The top economists in the country promised us a soft landing from the boom

And Marc Coleman with his book "The best is yet to come" in 2005. Economics editor for newstalk radio

I hope you new people are better then the current shower! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Love me some Economics! Was going to go for a BCL Law & Economics, but decided for the BBL Law & Business in the end! What course do you wanna do?

Awesome! Economics, politics and law :) Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I'm doing Geography, Business & Economics in 1st year! :D
    I'll decide which one I like more then (business or economics) to continue into 2nd year with geography (though I'm gearing towards business because it has better teaching prospects :) )
    Either way I'll have to do a financial accounting module in 2nd year which I'm not looking forward to (haven't done accounting since JC and even then I only ever did the business theory questions... oh those final accounts gave me nightmares!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

First year accounting is the worst part it college. After that it gets easier and your better off having no experience with accounting. Your actually better off having no experience with anything cos everything you learned in the LC is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Business, Economics and Social Studies (BESS) myself.

May the supply of our skills be scarce and our economic rent be plentiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Any of you lads have a particular career path you want to follow??

SlyBacon93 wrote: »

Nope! I want to do Civil Law & Business, when I tell people they're like: 'Oh, so you want to be a Solicitor?' they're always so shocked when I tell them I don't want to be!

Love my degree choice I can Teach (Business/Economics) go into Law, or go into Business (Finance, Insurance or whatever).

Haven't a notion of a career path right now, but we'll see where college takes me (if I get there ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

SlyBacon93 wrote: »

Most likely secondary teaching (Geography & Business) but there's so many different pathways I can follow.
    I could go down the business end and get a job there but I'd rather go down the geography end. With geography I could always do a masters (in climate change or GIS or some other field) and a PhD, and then end up in research/ climatology/ working in tertiary education

Advertisement