Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will buy my scrap metal???

Options
  • 21-07-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I'm trying to find some local businesses that buy scrap metal. I've seen an old thread on here about Boyce Mulrooney on the Tramore Road or Ballybricken (?) I don't have much, just a few kilos of copper, a bit of iron and whatever metal storage heater/washing machine cases are made from (tin?) but I don't want to be ripped off all the same. If any of you have 1st hand experience of any local scrap metal dealers, I'd love to know who's good and who to avoid! Anywhere in Co. Waterford will do. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

not waterford but molloy metal recycling in ballycarney is always full of knackers so they obviously pay good prices. if your in waterford city it's only 30-40 minutes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lafemme

not waterford but molloy metal recycling in ballycarney is always full of knackers so they obviously pay good prices. if your in waterford city it's only 30-40 minutes away.

That made me laugh. Thanks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

ballcarney is actually an hour from waterford on the way to bunclody in co wexford

I'm already nearly an hour from Waterford City so Ballycarney is too far so any info about Waterford dealers (city or county) would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I don't know the name but there is a place on the Tramore rd across from Smyths Toys. Currently metal is paying €.15 a Kilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

PM'd

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    I don't know the name but there is a place on the Tramore rd across from Smyths Toys. Currently metal is paying €.15 a Kilo.

Is that 15 cent??? There was an article in the Irish Independent a few months ago saying that copper is €6,500/ton which is €6.50/kilo. I would imagine metals like steel, aluminium, iron would be a lot less. I think the place you mentioned is Boyce Mulrooney's.

PM'd

thanks for your message, I appreciate it.

Advertisement