Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Emobile experience

Options
  • 21-07-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've got a HTC One S with Emobile about a month ago but the data connection has been useless on it. Always on E, never on H or even 3G.
    Constantly failing to load pages or taking minutes to load single pages. Forget about stuff like Google Maps. I've lost count of the number of dropped voice calls i've had. And the reception generally is often poor.

Talked to Customer Care.
    Advised to try my emobile sim in another phone: Did that, no change.

Advised to try a non-emobile sim in my phone: Did that, works fine. So can't be the phone, must be the sim or the network.

Advised to change the sim: Did that, no change.

So must be the network, right?
    Eh no, could still be the phone according to Customer Care.
    Eh, hold on what was the point in trying a non-emobile sim in my phone. To outrule a problem with the phone surely? If a non-emobile sim works in it, surely it's not a phone issue. :confused:

Anyway, now they're telling me to send back a perfectly working phone to see if there is anything wrong with it.
    Grudgingly i agree only to now be told i can't send it back to where i bought it (Emobile sales over the phone) and that i must go into my nearest emobile store-a 1 hour round-trip away.

And i live in a major town.
    FFS.

The whole experience has been ridiculous.
    Please help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi
    I've got a HTC One S with Emobile about a month ago but the data connection has been useless on it. Always on E, never on H or even 3G.
    Constantly failing to load pages or taking minutes to load single pages. Forget about stuff like Google Maps. I've lost count of the number of dropped voice calls i've had. And the reception generally is often poor.

Talked to Customer Care.
    Advised to try my emobile sim in another phone: Did that, no change.

Advised to try a non-emobile sim in my phone: Did that, works fine. So can't be the phone, must be the sim or the network.

Advised to change the sim: Did that, no change.

So must be the network, right?
    Eh no, could still be the phone according to Customer Care.
    Eh, hold on what was the point in trying a non-emobile sim in my phone. To outrule a problem with the phone surely? If a non-emobile sim works in it, surely it's not a phone issue. :confused:

Anyway, now they're telling me to send back a perfectly working phone to see if there is anything wrong with it.
    Grudgingly i agree only to now be told i can't send it back to where i bought it (Emobile sales over the phone) and that i must go into my nearest emobile store-a 1 hour round-trip away.

And i live in a major town.
    FFS.

The whole experience has been ridiculous.
    Please help.

Hi take everything,

Can you PM your mobile number and pin and I can get this checked out for you. Have you received a replacement sim card?

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Yes i've got a replacement sim. No change. I've PMed you last week. I can do it again.

Yes i've got a replacement sim. No change. I've PMed you last week. I can do it again.

Hi take everything,

Thanks PM received. When did you get the sim card activated? You need to try it out for 24 hours to see a change.

Tony

Activated a good while ago- about a week now i'd say. Still no good.

Activated a good while ago- about a week now i'd say. Still no good.

Thanks take everything,

Have you checked my PM?

Tony

• Advertisement

Got the PM yesterday.

Got the PM yesterday.

Glad to hear it take everything.

Have you taken the phone to a store? What did they advise?

Tony

No store within a half hour of me as i said. No facility from emobile to send it back in a jiffy bag (which is what i wanted).
    And i work longish hours.
    So they don't make it easy.
    As i say, ridiculous.
    I'll try sending it back in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

illegal collection of personal information by emobile

please be aware that emobile have been trying to obtain personal inormation from customers under the pretence that it is for account verification purposes, but they havve confirmed that they are building their data bank of information to be used for other purposes, and this information has been given to external companies outside of eircom/meteor/emobile

No store within a half hour of me as i said. No facility from emobile to send it back in a jiffy bag (which is what i wanted).
    And i work longish hours.
    So they don't make it easy.
    As i say, ridiculous.
    I'll try sending it back in the next few days.

Hi take everything,

I have sent you a PM with an address that you can send your phone directly to. If you choose to post the phone directly it will not be possible to get a replacement handset.

Tony

• Advertisement

<snip>

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

finnegan, I'll allow you 1 chance to ask an actual question of the reps here and/or make some sort of request they can try to help with rather than post more hysterical nonsense about lies and abuse and all sorts, not to mention accusing them of an illegal act (which is in itself a criminal act).

Generally, staff of any company will respond to actual requests, not rants.

Well i went into an emobile store today to get the phone checked out and sent back and was told by the 2 lads instore that emobile stores don't send phones back.
    LOL
    Even after explaining to them that i was specifically instructed by Customer Care to go into an emobile store, they said that they didn't care. They wouldn't ring customer care to resolve the mixed messages and they showed no interest in looking at my account.
    They mentioned something about a jiffy bag but they didn't listen when i explained to them that i already asked customer care for a jiffy bag to expedite this and that customer care don't do this apparently.

BTW, i went in around 20 to 6 (can't get down any earlier from work) and from the outset they only seemed anxious to close the shop.On the stroke of 6 they made sure they were finished with me. One fella said to me he needed to close the shop because "he had training", and because "he had a life".

Worst. Customer. Experience. Ever.
    LOL

Dav wrote: »
    finnegan, I'll allow you 1 chance to ask an actual question of the reps here and/or make some sort of request they can try to help with rather than post more hysterical nonsense about lies and abuse and all sorts, not to mention accusing them of an illegal act (which is in itself a criminal act).

Generally, staff of any company will respond to actual requests, not rants.
    Dave, I thank you for your post. My one question to you in relation to your post, is, please can you clarify the situation where by you are suggesting that any of my actions were anything other then truthful. Everything i have stated has been documented, and actually accepted by various managers in emobile.

Their breach of legislation has been accpected by them as such, and with that, i am strugglinig to comprehend the criminal act i have commited.....and that you have claimed on a public forum that i have commited.... the last i heard ..." the truth is a full defence of slander/lible...... i would be most interested, and welcome your knowledge on the matter as i am obvviously misinfomed, and would hate to be anything other then compliant with any legislation.

thanking you in advance

dave

Please also can you forward me on a copy of the messages that were deleted.
    I again apologise again if they were deemed to be rants, and illegal, but i did think that considering the problems other users were having related to very similar issues, it was in the public interest to be aware of common problems with particular companies, and that they should keep at them to get fair treatment, and what they are legally entitled to.
    As you are far too aware, it is too common practice for these companies to think that they can evade their responsibilities to customers.

Thanking you in advance.

Advertisement