Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare magazine importing

Options
  • 21-07-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a spare magazine for my marlin 22mag can I just get one off the net or does it need to get garda clearance?I'm probably guessing right that they are 5x the price to buy here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You are liscnsed for the gun,you can import mags and gun specific parts to that model.Where are you importing the parts from??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    You are liscnsed for the gun,you can import mags and gun specific parts to that model.Where are you importing the parts from??

I should have the licence by Friday so IL wait till then..will I need to inform anyone of importing it? The gun is made in the USA so probably there or if I can get on in the uk..
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You need an import licence if you are buying them in the EU, If it's from outside the EU all you need is the firearms licence.

juice1304 wrote: »
    You need an import licence if you are buying them in the EU, If it's from outside the EU all you need is the firearms licence.

im not saying your wrong but that seems strange i would have taught it might be the other way around seen as we are in this EU mess:D good auld irish laws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

How can you get an EU importing licence juice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You may find it tough to find someone in the states to post a magazine over here. A lot of shops I tried for a marlin nickel 7 shot mag wouldnt ship outside of the states.

If it is over ten shots ,they are a problem.Under ten shots should be a straight shipping .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Thanks guys..
    Gav I was looking at the same nickel 7shot $13 can't go far wrong with that..
    Grizzly I kinda taught 10 shot might be a bit much happy with just a spare 7 or even a 5 IL be shooting a lot of vermin just don't want to be reloading to often a 10 shot would be nice tho

At $13 I'd buy a couple of them to have.Never know when one mights go down on you again.:)

shooter88 wrote: »
    Thanks guys..
    Grizzly I kinda taught 10 shot might be a bit much happy with just a spare 7 or even a 5 IL be shooting a lot of vermin just don't want to be reloading to often a 10 shot would be nice tho

Where were you finding them at that price?

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Thanks guys..

Where were you finding them at that price?

Sorry it was 10 dollars
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/41055

We only ship orders to addresses in the U.S. we do not ship to APO or FPO addresses. Our products are intended for personal use in the U.S.

they wont ship international either.

garv123 wrote: »
    they wont ship international either.

didn see that god dam smart phones ;( at least its a price guide il have to keep looking for someone who will..im going to try contact them anyway just on the off cchance

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

i may be rong here but when i orderd a new fireing pin and spare mag i dident anything apart from a credit card

i may be rong here but when i orderd a new fireing pin and spare mag i dident anything apart from a credit card

Don't suppose you remember where you got it

Advertisement