Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A missing post (but it's in my posts)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm not even sure if I've got this right and I've read your post a few times

On Saturday you made a post, it "wasn't showing" - over how long a period was it not showing? It showed up in the search results for all posts by you, fair enough - what time did you post it, and what time was it showing up in the search results? And now you say it's not showing up anywhere, in the thread or in the search results? When did it disappear?

I can't see any posts made by you in that thread ever, and posts don't just disappear out of the database, so unless you're mistaken I'm going to need more information.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Ah, right. Sorry.
    The post that's "missing" is beneath the one for the Alcohol and Drugs topic where I posted:
    Alcohol is a drug. It's not something different to drugs
    So the post that's missing should say this:
    That's rubbish. How is someone that willingly does something considered to have a "disease"?

And that should have been in the "Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal"

Notice that in the search where I have it, there's a topic title missing.

This happened Saturday: I made the post and posted it, then it loaded the the topic which should have had it my post in it it but it didn't show in the topic (normally, I just have to refresh if that happens). I tried refreshing and nothing happened so I just left it. It would have been about 5:30pm (at least that's what my firefox history shows) that I did make it. Then I checked back around 7:45pm

I'm not sure when it showed up under searches. It would have been shown by 7:45 (that's when I made this topic). So somewhere between roughly 6PM and 7:45PM.

And no, when I did realize it was in the search results, that's when I made this topic. I didn't say anything that would get it removed by one of the mods AFAIK but I didn't ask them.
    But like I said, I made the post, the post didn't display so I left it a while, searched for my posts and it wasn't there, then around 7:45 it was there under the search results.

Ah, it seems we have a concurrency issue :)

At the same time you submit your post, a mod in AH was merging the thread you posted on with another one. The end result means your post was put into a thread that no longer exists since it became this thread after the merge.

This is why there is no thread title showing up for that post in your search results. It also doesn't happen too often, as there are a number of requirements for this to occur so I've moved your post to the right thread and it should show up in the next 5 minutes in your search results with the right thread name

Ah, I see. Thanks very much! :)

Ah, folks, the issue is still here. There's no link to it in my post search:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=570202&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=*%3A*&page=4

I mean it's there, in the topic and all but still there's no link to it for the search.

• Advertisement

Yep, I'm working on it today and probably for a bit of tomorrow :)

Yep, I'm working on it today and probably for a bit of tomorrow :)

I thought resolved meant it was fixed. :o
    I'm just going to leave now and shut up :P

I expected me sending the post to be reindexed would resolve it. I hadn't figured the reindexer might be broken :)

As an aside to this, the root cause of your issue - that you were allowed to post into a thread that had seconds before been deleted - has been resolved now, so thanks for the bug report.

The actual re-indexing of the post will happen over the next few days, plenty of background updates happening to search at the minute :)

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

This should be fixed now

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement