Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do You Have a Pet

• 21-07-2012 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I have, a mad Cocker Spaniel and a little black cat.
    And you ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Pets are shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

yes i have a pet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

My hamster called Chewy died a few weeks ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have a little Pomeranian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Two cats, Humphrey and Seamus and my Jack Russell Tommy.

• Advertisement

I'm doggy sitting this weekend. Toby the miniature yorkshire terrier is snuggled up beside me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

No but my wife has a pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

4cats.

We originally had one, which we got from an animal shelter. The rest of them showed up one by one at the back door with the "I heard this is a good place for food and cuddles" look on their faces...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bob The Dog,my black lab. Love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Shenshen wrote: »
    4cats.

We originally had one, which we got from an animal shelter. The rest of them showed up one by one at the back door with the "I heard this is a good place for food and cuddles" look on their faces...

They always know :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'm doggy sitting this weekend. Toby the miniature yorkshire terrier is snuggled up beside me :D

How much more miniature do Yorkshire Terriers need to get?

Toby's most probably some type of Gerbil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Have a golden Lab called Hurley and a terrier called Squiggle ( I didnt choose the name :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Pics for the love of god pics. I love cat pics me.

Edit:

No pet but would love to have a cat.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    How much more miniature do Yorkshire Terriers need to get?

Toby's most probably some type of Gerbil

Hmmm, possibly. Do gerbils bark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Pets are shyte.
    Why would you even say that? :confused:
    yes i have a pet
    I would have thought you were the pet?
    syndeyfife wrote: »
    My hamster called Chewy died a few weeks ago :(

Buy a some degus. Far more sociable and intelligent animals, and they can live up to 8 years.

I have a 3 year old terrier. Lovely little dog, very lovable and a funny little guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I entered a small dog at crufts then I felt a little husky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i have a tiffany breed cat he is gorgeous and his fur is supersoft..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have a big black cat. He's the best fella in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I have a pet peeve.

Come to think of it, Peeve would be an awesome name for a pet.

PeeveTM

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Yep a dog. He's the worst behaved pet I ever met. He regularly farts on people, jumps on them, tries to shift them, steals shoes, socks, anything he can get his paws on really.
    He's great & I wouldn't be without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 scotty1

We have a jack Russell and a cavalier king charles they are both loved so much it is a shame to see so many pets are left to fend for themselves and treated so cruelly pets need lots of attention and love pet owners need a huge dose of cop on not to have a pet if they cannot look after their needs

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Pet hamster got eaten by the dog.

Dog got eaten by Snake.

Snake got eaten by new dog.

New dog died from death.

a pet i would looooooove would be a king charles or a cocker spaniel they seem so friendly i would just love them to bits if i had one

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

a pet i would looooooove would be a king charles or a cocker spaniel they seem so friendly i would just love them to bits if i had one
    Any king Charles I know is riddled with health problems. So if you want to have a very unhealthy dog, massive vet bills & pure heartbreak then by all means get one.
    Fabulous looking dogs but the cons outweigh the pros.

Before I was a student I used to have a senegal parrot called honey. Miss honey I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Pics for the love of god pics. I love cat pics me.

Edit:

No pet but would love to have a cat.

What's stopping you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

I had a Rottweiler she was classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Dog got eaten by Snake.

New dog died from death.

Are you the old lady who swallowed a fly?

Dog got eaten by Snake.

New dog died from death.

sort out the foodchain in your household only relative equals of the food chain should share house space otherwise youll have some casualties..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I had a dog until yesterday :( Poor thing finnaly succumbed to cancer. Had it since I was 11 years old, I'm 21 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No :( But its okay because I steal the 3 different neighborhood cats whenever I see them. They sure love me :)

MadYaker wrote: »
    I had a dog until yesterday :( Poor thing finnaly succumbed to cancer. Had it since I was 11 years old, I'm 21 now.

Sorry to hear it.

Aw :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lolz81

Sorry to hear that. :(

poor thing rip..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 scotty1

Any king Charles I know is riddled with health problems. So if you want to have a very unhealthy dog, massive vet bills & pure heartbreak then by all means get one.
    Fabulous looking dogs but the cons outweigh the pros.[/QUO

Yes you are correct in what you say but it can be managed very well our king Charles is two years old we do have him insured he has not cost us anything except for his injections and there are a must for every animal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a black cat :). I'd love a dog too. I'm not sure how my cat would react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

I'm Sorry MadYaker. That's a life time for you and your dog. Keep well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Kids have a cat.
    Hate to see anything happen to it cos' they love it.

I have a cat called Sophie. She likes sexually assaulting my face, dribbling all over me and chilling out in paper bags.

• Advertisement

Does anyones cats ever climb up on their shoulder? A cat I had as a kid used to do the that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I have 2 doggies Bob the Samoyed and Lily the Yorkie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

1 cat, and two goldfish in the garden pond, cat never touches the goldfish, but she kills a couple of birds every year, always brings them into the house after to show us!

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Does anyones cats ever climb up on their shoulder? A cat I had as a kid used to do the that :)

Mine does that, though her favourite places to lie seem to be on my face or my boobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

I have the same exactly except my cat is black and white so it's not exactly so why don't I stop there before I trip over myself, Oh God.

lolz81 wrote: »
    Mine does that, though her favourite places to lie seem to be on my face or my boobs!

Mine grabbed my face with his paws and kicked it a few times and Im sure that when I get a sex change my boobs will be in for it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

We got a kitten nearly 2 weeks ago, Stewie.
    He is a nutcase. But i love him to bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

steddyeddy wrote: »

My neighborhood cats are strange. One loves to jump on my lap, and just melt into me like a big cuddly pillow. She would probably jump on your shoulder if you persuaded her to. I feel sorry for her because her owner has 5 little vicious mini jack rustle things, so the cat never gets into the house or any attention off her.
    She started hanging around with another neighbor and going into her house for while, until she moved off. Now she comes to me a lot :) I felt bad because when the new neighbors moved in, she used to run up to the door whenever it opened, only to be chased away by the new people in there.

The other one is a bit asocial but Ive coaxed him into liking me recently. He liked to rub his gums along where he can put them. My arms, my trouser pants etc. Its a bit strange and smells bad. He liked to dig his nails into me too, in a friendly way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The little one wanted a pink kitten for her birthday a couple of years ago, settled for two little black & white sisters from the local animal welfare, one of them loves her cuddles and has a glint in her eye, the other one is a complete bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement