Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I doing wrong? (desk assembly)

• 21-07-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Assembling a desk. Started by attaching the back panel to the side panels so that it stood. Put in the drawers next and then went to put on the top. It's supposed to be a flat desk but I can't get it to insert without sloping and then it's obviously not on properly as none of the white things fit in (not sure what they're called but they slot in to red things at the top of the side panels and then you tighten screws).

Even before you try to put on top of desk it looks ok but the back panel is a couple of inches higher than the tops of the side panels, hence the slope and nothing fitting correctly. Looking at the back panel there's no way to lower it because the position it's in is the only way the white and red things slot in.

It's apparent I'm amking some fundamental and probably obvious error.

This desk was assembled before and worked perfectly and I have all the parts. Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Take it all apart again and then try turning the top upside down and then attaching the side panels and back board to it, so you will basically be building it upside down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Have you put the back panel on upside down?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

RichT wrote: »
    Take it all apart again and then try turning the top upside down and then attaching the side panels and back board to it, so you will basically be building it upside down

Thanks, this worked perfectly. It was a little harder to put in the drawers this way but its perfect now! Good idea.
    Cerco wrote: »
    Have you put the back panel on upside down?

Yep I think that was the problem. When I re-assembled it upside down it was easier to see what I was doing so that probably corrected it! Thanks.

Advertisement