Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards most prolific poster??

• 21-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭

Just curious, who is the most prolific poster on boards?

I noticed a poster just now that has over 2500 posts after joining in April this year!!!

My average is 3.56/day, but this poster has something like 28 or 29 a day! Is that high??? Or are there higher numbers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Mike65.Or at least he has the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Mike65 has the most posts, 70 something thousand at this stage I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i think biggins is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Mike65 - Posts on average three times every second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

mike65 has figures of 18/day....

This is the one i was talking about!

Edit - Actually just look 2 posts up!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Mike65 has the most posts, 70 something thousand at this stage I think.

Mine is about a 10 a day average. Tbh, you need to exclude mods of any kind, because not only are they replying to fora outside of their own, most of them actively post in their own. Of course it's going to be a higher number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Funny because Ive never heard of this mike guy. Probably because I dont browse the soccer forum.

I average at 4.21 posts a day. 90% of them are pure shítposts, ignorant obnoxious crap :D DEAL WITH IT :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Holy **** mike...leave the house for a while mang :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I've been a member for nearly 9 years and I'm struggling to get my 3000th post at present!

I'm more of a lurker and a thanker than a contributor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yeah, it was actually the highest 'per day' numbers I was wondering about!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

i think biggins is..

Mike65 has been a much busier chappie. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Abi wrote: »

Mine is about a 10 a day average. Tbh, you need to exclude mods of any kind, because not only are they replying to fora outside of their own, most of them actively post in their own. Of course it's going to be a higher number.

74,597 now, oh hang on, 74,598, wait 74,599.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its the quality, not the quantity.

;)

He's also gonna have the highest number of profile visitors too after this! Although I think Micky Dolenz holds that record.

i think biggins is..
    I'd rather see much more of Biggins in AH
    cocoshovel wrote: »
    I average at 4.21 posts a day. 90% of them are pure shítposts, ignorant obnoxious crap :D DEAL WITH IT :mad:

than this ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Guess this posts gets me one more closer to legend status!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'd love to show you more but the wife is deadly with a frying pan! :(

Bummer! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Biggins wrote: »
    I'd love to show you more but the wife is deadly with a frying pan! :(

Bummer! :o

Thats a blessing in disguise maybe.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

Oops! Abi seems to have just closed account!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

chinwag wrote: »

:(

No wait, I've just been caught again!

:mad:
    :pac:

• Advertisement

than this ^^

Its mostly only my AH posts though so its okay. And Id say it more like 80% or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Come on, don't misrepresent yourself.

It's more like 99%.

Its mostly only my AH posts though so its okay. And Id say it more like 80% or less.
    The people who frequent AH make it what it is. I've always loved AH because it can be a funny place, but also some news and informative threads. Just lately, it's turning into a bit of a shyte hole, and what you described is probably exactly why I post a little less than I used to.

Word of advice, just enjoy the forum, don't troll or be a dick, because it does ruin it for some. I'm not having a go at you or anything, just calling a spade a spade.
    chinwag wrote: »
    Sensible people that lose interest in boards just stop using it. Attention whores close their accounts.

gotcha though :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I hate mine. It's got embarrassingly big. although it's over 6.5 years which works out at about 12 a day...fucking hell. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Sensible people that lose interest in boards just stop using it. Attention whores close their accounts.

Does that mean i'll never close my account Abi ;)

Word of advice, just enjoy the forum, don't troll or be a dick, because it does ruin it for some. I'm not having a go at you or anything, just calling a spade a spade.

I do enjoy the forum. I dont try to troll, and I dont often try to be a dick. Most of the posts I was talking about are just stupid things that come to my mind, I slap them down, have a quiet chuckle to myself, realize later on that it was a bit dumb, but I dont care because its an internet forum and it doesnt represent my personality in real life at all, and what people think about me wont bother me either. I know you're not having a go at me, Im just saying.
    I make better posts around the place like in the Aviation and aircraft forum and recently the travel review forum.

stovelid wrote: »
    I hate mine. It's got embarrassingly big. although it's over 6.5 years which works out at about 12 a day...fucking hell. :o
    Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I'm sure along with a lot of other posters, and like Biggins ones, I would always stop to read your posts. I'd tell you to post more, but I won't in case your missus is also talented with a frying pan :pac:
    Does that mean i'll never close my account Abi ;)

I highly doubt it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Discussion like this is better suited to feedback.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And I've just changed it again for you. Do that again and I'll disable that field.

As for your comment above, just give it a rest, ok? We're sick to the back teeth of listening to you and a certain other poster having a go at one another. Any more of that and it's a permanent siteban for the offending party. And any response to this post either here or via PM will result in the same. I hope I have made myself clear.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement