Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New rent supplement rules

• 21-07-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Does anyone know what exactly is going on with Rent Supplement these day? I recently lost my job and have had to apply for it and I was told that the set-up was changing and would now by dealt with by a central unit.

When I went to his CWO he was told that the CWOs no longer have any authority over Rent Supplement and to ring the central unit. I have tried this several times and has yet to get my call answered.

Ia pplied for Rent Supplement in April and have not heard anything about whether or not I am likely to be granted the payment. So far my landlady has been extremely patient and has allowed me to pay half of the rent until my payment is sorted but she is now understandably starting to put the pressure on. I am living in my current flat for just under two years.

I just dont understand why I have to wait this long when this is my 1st time out of work in 19 years and a certain individual I know who has never worked a day in her life gets it straight away.

ITS A JOKE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

ring them

i'm still going through the process but didnt hear anything from them for 6 weeks, i rang and get follow up letter requesting x y z few days later. If you ring them they can at least tell you when they will get to your case.

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ronano wrote: »
    ring them

i'm still going through the process but didnt hear anything from them for 6 weeks, i rang and get follow up letter requesting x y z few days later. If you ring them they can at least tell you when they will get to your case.

good luck

Took 7 months here in Cork when I moved; even with the CWOs then.

Try the Citizen;s Info? They will have had this from others and will know how to advise you. And surely the CWo can authorise emergency payments meanwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Graces7 wrote: »
    ronano wrote: »
    ring them

good luck

Took 7 months here in Cork when I moved; even with the CWOs then.

Try the Citizen;s Info? They will have had this from others and will know how to advise you. And surely the CWo can authorise emergency payments meanwhile?

thanks for the replies.
    I have done nothing but ring them the phone seems to be constantly engaged. As for the CWO its like a mixture of a bad comedy show and a brothel when I go in. All he says to me is he can't do anything its been taking out of his hands but just before me I see some scrote "mother" with her two darlings jaaaacinta and deseraaa come out of the CWO office and give out to her friend that she only got 200 off him and had the cheek to call the CWO a scabby Ba stard.

sometimes I wonder why I ever worked in the 1st place

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement