Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get rid of old bikes?

Options
  • 21-07-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere I can ge rid of old kids bikes? I've a load of them at the side of the house rusting to bits and also have an old dishwasher..was thinking of getting a skip don't have enough to warrent one and I'm not sure if the dump would take them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Put em out the front with a for sale sign on them and someone will rob them.

Put them on jumbletown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The council used to have a white goods collection service, not sure if they still do it now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

The dump will take them for you, we dismantled a trampoline only last week and they took it, along with a host of other crap from our garden - hubby was saying he saw bikes in there. Great value too, our trampoline was huge and we also got rid of two large plastic slides, bits of a timber patio table (the bits the dogs decided would look better not attached to the table!!), old plastic blow up swimming pool, computer monitor and keyboard, basically our car was crammed to the roof and they took it all for €40.00!! They take cardboard free, electrical goods are free (basically anything with a plug on it!). Just Google "dump Kilbarry" and you'll get their number & you can ask about opening times etc.

We're planning our second load at the moment!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The Travellers at the site by Kilbarry would take them, Be free too..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 megladon

i live in waterford and will take the bikes away if u want .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

can old bikes be Re-cycled ??? ;)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 S_Snail

www.rothar.ie take old bikes and refurbish them or recycle them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

shockwave wrote: »
    The council used to have a white goods collection service, not sure if they still do it now though.

They still do

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/departments/environment/bulky-goods.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Divorce em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

The Maryland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement