Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

strawberry alarm clock

• 21-07-2012 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

prob not worthy of a thread but anyway.

do people actually find this show funny? jim jim or whatever his name is
    thinks hes hilarious :confused:

a lot of the breakfast radio shows are doing the same trying to be funny in
    the mornings, but this is by far the worst

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I freakin hate that guy. Jim Jim! What kind of name is that for an adult!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I freakin hate that guy. Jim Jim! What kind of name is that for an adult!??

Dunno Teyla Teyla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There is an 'off' button on radios these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

The Colm and Jim Jim show was ok on 2FM a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I'm into psychedelic music. What a let down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

mattjack wrote: »
    Dunno Teyla Teyla.

It's just one 'Teyla', Matt. We've had this discussion before...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Is Jim Jim still around, the little bean head,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Sauve wrote: »
    Its best to just avoid the "on" one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Morning radio is basically all rubbish. Obnoxious morons jabbing you in the ear with sound effects and over-the-top stings. Fucking awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Its utter shiiiiiite! Jim Jim................better than James James I suppose.

Spin103.8 in Dublin has to be the worst station though.

I once heard a "broadcaster" call the Minister for Finance the "Money Minister", I died a little that day!

Whats next, the Minister for plasters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Morning radio is basically all rubbish. Obnoxious morons jabbing you in the ear with sound effects and over-the-top stings. Fucking awful.

In fairness radio 1 is alright.

Until they get that one with the speech impediment to do Whash ish shaysh in the payphersh. Then I get The Fury

I'm all for equal rights and all that gay shit but in fairness there's plenty of people who can read and speak properly out of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

risteard7 wrote: »

Wow wow wow, wow... No way are they the worst. The two clowns on 98fm, claire and aidan, I cant stand the show. Both of their voices and, their fake laughs. I really hate the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

We used to double first names to make a guy sound touched. It works well for one syllable names. John John. Pants on his head.
    I remember having to listen to Colm and Jim Jim in work a few times. Really terrible stuff. Then they got some sort of TV show? I only watched it long enough to confirm they should have stayed hidden on radio. Jim Jim. Touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I remember when they used to play music on the radio

If it's not on today fm I don't listen to it. I actually don't listen to any other station ever. I don't really know why, the others always sound sort of amateurish :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

There is a reason why I very rarely listen to the radio. Turning it on makes my ears cringe alone. As Ive said before many times on this website, I hate bloody Hector because I had to listen to the clown every single morning on my bus journey to college. If I ever met him in real life, I think I'd bottle him!

There's only 1 good radio show Im aware of, and thats on 2fm (I think? Whichever radio station is on button number 2 in my car :pac:), Tuesday nights from 7pm - 1am. Plays semi-decent music with minimum craptalking, or talking in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't know this one in particular but any of those morning shows where you have two cretins engaging in cerebrally inert banter is a no-no.

RTE 1 or MP3s FTW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

benwavner wrote: »
    Spin103.8 in Dublin has to be the worst station though.

I once heard a "broadcaster" call the Minister for Finance the "Money Minister", I died a little that day!

On that station, they call him the money minister during the news all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

The strawberry alarm clock in it's day was the best breakfast show going. That was about 4/5 years ago. The two boys were sacked, moved to another radio station where they were made "tone it down a bit". It was brutal. In the meantime, FM104's listenership died a death and the lads were brought back. Somewhere in between, they lost it! So yeah - it's sh!te. I don't bother listening to ANY radio station any more. Like someone else said - there's an off button!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

PK2008 wrote: »
    I remember when they used to play music on the radio

I hear ya, now its just Now80 whatever on a loop !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

risteard7 wrote: »
    prob not worthy of a thread but anyway.

do people actually find this show funny? jim jim or whatever his name is
    thinks hes hilarious :confused:

I cannot stand them, and most breakfast shows.

stovelid wrote: »
    I don't know this one in particular but any of those morning shows where you have two cretins engaging in cerebrally inert banter is a no-no.

RTE 1 or MP3s FTW.

^ This.

First thing in the morning I'm pissed off enough being up, let alone listen to this verbal diarrhoea coming from my radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I know. Marty is raping lyric :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I know. Marty is raping lyric :/

Don't even get me started on that. Lyric was, for me, the bastion of what good radio should be. Music and the occasional laugh. I still listen to mostly Lyric (I want to work there, specifically for the Nova show), but for certain shows I have no interest in I throw on Soma.fm instead.

On the subject, kind of, does anyone else listen to online only radio? I love Soma, but for all their stations sometimes I want to listen to something they don't supply to hear new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm into psychedelic music. What a let down!

Dammit, I was gonna post that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Imagine working in a Spar shop or a Centra and having to listen to that sh1te all day, no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The worst part of the show is when the 'naked camera' guy is on "I need a needy der flu flu" or something equally stupid.

Straight off and hope something is on the radio. Would throw on a cd but I have a tape deck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Not as bad as Baz and Lucy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

My fav breakfast show is Today FM with Iano Dempsey - love a bitta Iano, me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

surely it cant be worse than listening to hector in the mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

I'd say my local culchie radio morning show is the absolute worst of them all.They literally play the exact same songs at the same time every single morning.Give them any popular song of the month and they'll absolutely butcher it through overuse.

Also the banter back and forth between the hosts just feels so so fake and tacked on.It feels as if everything they say has gone through some inane PC filter to avoid causing offense to absolutely anything.

I know his show had plenty of faults but still i really miss Gerry Ryan cos at least it felt as though he was actually speaking what was on his mind rather than reading from a bland script or filling the airtime with crappy sound effects.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sauve wrote: »

your lucky you can muster up the, ability to switch it off they try to hipnitise it I wear a tinfoil hat incase there radio waves turn me into a dribbling zombie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'd say my local culchie radio morning show is the absolute worst of them all.They literally play the exact same songs at the same time every single morning.Give them any popular song of the month and they'll absolutely butcher it through overuse.
    (

You don't happen to be talking about South East radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

Pantsface wrote: »
    My fav breakfast show is Today FM with Iano Dempsey - love a bitta Iano, me

That pr1ck Dempsey turns my stomach. One of the biggest c.unts in the country. I don't have today fm on my presets because of the w@nker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im Today FM all the way, only station il listen to.

Strawberry alarm clock years ago before they moved was funny, after they moved it just was useless their new show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Formosa wrote: »
    That pr1ck Dempsey turns my stomach. One of the biggest c.unts in the country. I don't have today fm on my presets because of the w@nker.
    So, do you, or do you not like him?
    In fairness, I'm a total, utter bag of miserable sh1te untill about 10am - if I had to do a Morning Radio show it would be grim.
    Imagine getting up every day at 4rse o'clock and having to pretend to be all "up" and happy and "funny". Jasus, I'd rather be Mary Hearneys gusset.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Formosa wrote: »
    That pr1ck Dempsey turns my stomach. One of the biggest c.unts in the country. I don't have today fm on my presets because of the [EMAIL="w@nker."]w@nker.[/EMAIL]

:eek:

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Pantsface wrote: »
    :eek:

:(
    Did he touch his no-no place?? I'm not a big fan of Densey but does he really inspire that level of hatred? Whatt'd he do??, go, tell us, no-one else is listening anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Had the misfortune of catching the best of this a few weeks back on a sat am. I was horrified it was like having the not so funny 10 year old you were in school with got control of the Radio. Absolutely cringe bad.

In particular the prank phone calls are just poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this is the only good thing to ever come from the SAC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I don't listen to radio shows that involve people trying to be funny. It's like being stuck in a room with the "funny guy" in work. Head wreck from hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ray darcy is the only dj worth listening to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think it's alright, I have it on in the car most mornings. I like the hosts.

Them two knobs on 98fm are another story though. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Breakfast xpress on spin was hilarious, but that Jim-jim on strawberry arlam clock is an absolute spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Peetrik wrote: »
    Breakfast xpress on spin was hilarious, but that Jim-jim on strawberry arlam clock is an absolute spoon

Ha! Now that actually was hilarious! Shame it's over.

Advertisement