Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing white

Options
  • 21-07-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Im sure anyone who produces their own decals for trains/car/plane etc knows the hassle of trying to get around the problem of printing white.

Is anyone here able to print white, or know of a friend/company who would be able to print me up some decal sets in white. I need to use a clear background so cannot get around it using white decal paper

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Dont know if this is any use to you, but what I normally do for this is print 2 sets of decals. One on clear, one on white decal paper.
    Cut the bits that you want to be white from the white copy. Put the clear one on the model, then use the white bits you cut out and put them over the first decal.
    It can be a bit fiddly but works.
    Somtimes ive touched in the white bits with paint, but obviously this can be too difficult.
    Im sure theres other ways too...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Google Black Lion Decals, used them a few times and happy every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

The Doktor wrote: »
    Dont know if this is any use to you, but what I normally do for this is print 2 sets of decals. One on clear, one on white decal paper.
    Cut the bits that you want to be white from the white copy. Put the clear one on the model, then use the white bits you cut out and put them over the first decal.
    It can be a bit fiddly but works.
    Somtimes ive touched in the white bits with paint, but obviously this can be too difficult.
    Im sure theres other ways too...

Thanks for the suggestion, but this wont work for me unfortunately as i need the white parts for go on a transparent background, and its too small to cuts bits in white.
    FiSe wrote: »
    Google Black Lion Decals, used them a few times and happy every time

Thanks so much for this, ive been trying to get a reliable printer for a few jobs for so long. Everytime ive been let down by them not actually doing the job

thanks

Advertisement