Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New low for young girls terrible behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Melion wrote: »
    Guarantee it was the same 5 "people" I saw in burger king early that evening. One of the girls decided to lift her dress and show everyone what knickers she was wearing right in the doorway. Probably 15/16, ridiculous behavior really.

The five I saw were in Corbally, and all were falling about 'drunk' on one can it seemed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

can of glue maybe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's not just a Limerick/age/social class thing. I've seen in happen in Limerick all right, but also Thurles, Cork, Dublin, wherever. I used to work in a hotel in Dublin. The side street entrance was locked at night, but every morning we'd have to hose it out and disinfect it because multiple people would have taken a dump in it. Eventually we got a shutter up, but they'd crap on the ledge of that too. We also regularly had to kick people out of the nightclub for puking, pissing, crapping, having sex. Had guests crap and piss in the elevator and on corridors (men and women, mostly in their thirties and older). This wasn't a scummy hotel by any means (it would be classed mid-range to expensive) and the clientèle were as a whole fairly respectable. Some would just get too drunk/coked up and would forget the world existed. No wonder the kids are at it too, especially when you throw in the way we have crappy programming like 'Sun, Sea and A&E' or 'Geordie Shore' validating & glamorising this sort of behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

sure when i was doing door work at whelans amount of fellas hammered taking piss across from me at the old quater hotel gates to the car park was unreal, no shame pants around there knees pissing away not care in world id never do that no repsect for anything these day its a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Saw a 'classy bird' pulling her knickers up after taking a jimmy on Tara Street at around 19:00 a few weeks ago. Made very little effort to hide it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

This is actually one of the things I've had far more experience seeing in Cork and Galway than in Limerick, Every time I go to Cork there is someone peeing in the street, or having sex in a door way.

Though years ago I did see a German tourist let her son, he was no more than five and wearing lederhosen, poop on Cruises Street in the middle of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

panda100 wrote: »
    Whay are you so disgusted at girls and females doing this and not males? Guys do this all the time and noone bats an eyelid. We're all human, and women need to urintae just as much as men. I don't see why you need to highlight their gender?

Guys parts are better suited to al fresco wee-ing. You don't need to change the subject into a debate involving feminism or sexism. I'm old fashioned when it comes to a woman's responsibility in keeping ladies' virtues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

langdang wrote: »
    The yokes they have in Amsterdam are a fine job for fellas. Only an issue in warm dry weather - so they'd be perfect for our climate, practically self cleaning.

Amsterdam+public+urinal.jpg

Not much good for the ladies though.

Might last about 2 or 3 hours before being cut down, robbed and sold as scrap metal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wonder would they have any issue using this public toilet:

toilet1.jpgtoilet2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Guys parts are better suited to al fresco wee-ing. You don't need to change the subject into a debate involving feminism or sexism. I'm old fashioned when it comes to a woman's responsibility in keeping ladies' virtues.

Well good for you.Personally as a women, I'm tired of the fact men can do what ever the hell they want, but women must be 'virtous'. Don't get me wrong, urinating in public should not be tolerated at all. But it is sexist to suggest that it's okay for men to do it and not women.

Just out of interest are there any public toilets in Limerick city?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Well good for you.Personally as a women, I'm tired of the fact men can do what ever the hell they want, but women must be 'virtous'. Don't get me wrong, urinating in public should not be tolerated at all. But it is sexist to suggest that it's okay for men to do it and not women.

Just out of interest are there any public toilets in Limerick city?

Agreed! It relates to the if a guy sleeps around he's a stud, if a girl does she's a slut.

Anyway back on topic, there is one public toilet by the new Dunnes, and one by People's Park, that's all I can think of.

Agreed! It relates to the if a guy sleeps around he's a stud, if a girl does she's a slut.
    Women complain about how unfair it is that men are called studs when they sleep around, yet women get called sluts for the exact same behavior. It’s actually not a double standard though, because both scenarios are pretty different in terms of circumstances and consequences. I can think of at least four crucial differences:
    First, sleeping around is easier for women. Regardless of how you feel about promiscuity, we can all agree that a guy who manages to rack up a lot of sexual partners has to have some skills. It’s challenging for men to rack up partners, even for men with low standards. A man needs social intelligence, interpersonal skills, persistence, thick skin, and plain old dumb luck. For women, though, a vagina and a pulse is often enough. Whenever an accomplishment requires absolutely no challenge, no one respects it. It’s just viewed as a lack of self-discipline. People respect those who accomplish challenging feats, while they consider those who overindulge in easily obtained feats as weak, untrustworthy or flawed.

Second, women have potential to do more harm by sleeping around than men do. Say a man sleeps around with a bunch of different women. He’s definitely doing harm to these women if he pretends to be monogamous while sleeping around. He may cause them emotional pain by his promiscuity. He may cause unwanted pregnancy. He may spread VD. When women sleep around, however, they can cause not only all these same ill effects but one additional crucial ill effect: the risk of unknown parentage.

If one guy sleeps around with five women, each of whom is monogamous to him, and they all get pregnant, it’s a safe bet as to who the father is. If you reverse genders and have one woman who sleeps around with five men who are monogamous to her, and she gets pregnant, the father could be any of the five men. And if one of those men is tricked into raising a baby that isn’t his, he’s investing time, money, estate and property to provide for a child that isn’t carrying his DNA into the next generations, a costly mistake from an evolutionary standpoint.

Our two basic primal drives are to survive and to reproduce, and promiscuous women traditionally make it hard for a man to know for sure whether he is truly reproducing or is secretly raising another man’s child. Men stand a lot more to lose from promiscuous women than the other way around. And it’s no picnic for the child to not know who his real father is either. And it’s a mess for the women carrying on the deception as well. Or just look at any random episode of the Maury show if you don’t believe me.

Since the DNA test and the birth control pill didn’t exist until recently, there were no reliable ways to prevent pregnancy or prove parentage for most of human history. For this reason society developed a vested interest in preventing promiscuity among women, and society accomplished this by creating the slut stigma. And even though the creation of birth control and DNA tests have made this less of a risk than the past, longstanding traditions and customs are not easy for society to break so the slut stigma remains.

Third, men have evolutionary reasons to be programmed to sleep around more. A lot of women roll their eyes when they hear that men are “hard-wired” to sleep around. But from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes total sense. If the two primal drives of humans are to survive and to reproduce, nothing leads to maximum reproduction like one man sleeping with multiple women. If one women sleeps with many men in a nine month period, she can only get pregnant just once. Nine months of rampant promiscuity would give the same result as nine months of highly sexed monogamy: one pregnancy. Now if one man sleeps with many women during a nine month period, you can get many pregnancies during that period. The more women he sleeps with, the more possible pregnancies.

So from an evolutionary standpoint, there are concrete advantages to men being promiscuous compared to women being promiscuous. This doesn’t mean that women have evolved to be strictly monogamous. Women have evolved to be somewhat promiscuous too, something men badly underestimate. However they haven’t evolved to be as rampantly promiscuous as men.
    Fourth, promiscuity poses more risk to women than to men. A woman has more to lose from choosing bad sex partners than a man does. She’s the one who gets stuck with going through a pregnancy and taking care of a baby alone if she chooses a deadbeat. For this reason, promiscuous women throughout history have historically been viewed as being a vastly more irresponsible risk takers than promiscuous men, who rightly or wrongly could always run away from the consequences of unwanted pregnancies easier than women could.
    These four reasons explain why the longstanding tradition came about of men being rewarded for multiple partners while women get socially punished for similar promiscuity. Of course all this is gradually changing, but we’re up against millenia of evolutionary and cultural conditioning here, so don’t expect any dramatic overnight reversals.

Understand that I’m just explaining why the double standard came into existence and not condoning or condemning it. This is not an attempt to pass judgment or be self-righteous in any way. It’s just an explanation of why the two conditions are treated differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

didnt some guy in ennis a few years back start recording morons peeing on his shop door and publishing it or something like that, also he electrified the roller shutters on his shop and the lads got a cock shock.. i dont know what kinda a shock the ladies would get.

seriously there is no deterent to this behaviour unless you have some kinda morals but if people dont and there are lots of them we will remain pissed on

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

I've seen female UL students urinate on the street across from Icon during rag week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

geneyuss wrote: »
    A man needs social intelligence, interpersonal skills, persistence, thick skin, and plain old dumb luck. For women, though, a vagina and a pulse is often enough.

Wow, just wow. You really believe that is true?!Have you actually ever met a women?

Anyways, Back on Topic, at the end of the day it's up to the gardai to enforce this, and ensure both men and women get appropriatly fined for peeing in the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Whay are you so disgusted at girls and females doing this and not males? Guys do this all the time and noone bats an eyelid. We're all human, and women need to urintae just as much as men. I don't see why you need to highlight their gender?

Maybe If there was actually some public toilets in Limerick city centre this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

It's disgusting when males do it as well, particularly when you have to smell their piss in the DART station lift, apparently piss can damage the cables in the lift over time and cause it to break down

I've seen female UL students urinate on the street across from Icon during rag week.

Rag week ? :confused: I hope you mean that music festival thing :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Bloody hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wow, just wow. You really believe that is true?!Have you actually ever met a women?

Anyways, Back on Topic, at the end of the day it's up to the gardai to enforce this, and ensure both men and women get appropriatly fined for peeing in the street.

I think you misread his post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Don't worry people, we will no longer have to watch women urinating with their pants around their ankles.

391345_10151035525724722_721015733_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Culleeo wrote: »
    Don't worry people, we will no longer have to watch women urinating with their pants around their ankles.

did she then put ot down her sock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Would want to be well up on her menstrual cycle, be like tapping the side of a bottle of ketchup some days...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

phill106 wrote: »

Would want to be well up on her menstrual cycle, be like tapping the side of a bottle of ketchup some days...

Too far......

?

Originally Posted by geneyuss
    A man needs social intelligence, interpersonal skills, persistence, thick skin, and plain old dumb luck. For women, though, a vagina and a pulse is often enough.

i actually did not post or write the above,,, im guessing theres no "MODS" around to explain this,,,anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Saw two young teenage female skangers this evening in the company of three teenage male skangers, all drunk, stop on the footpath, drop their pants and pee right there and then. I thought I was seeing things. Do these people have any respect for themselves or others.

I didnt think anyone was around, oops my bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

i actually did not post or write the above,,, im guessing theres no "MODS" around to explain this,,,anyhow

Post #43 above says you did ......
    Women complain about how unfair it is that men are called studs when they sleep around, yet women get called sluts for the exact same behavior. It’s actually not a double standard though, because both scenarios are pretty different in terms of circumstances and consequences. I can think of at least four crucial differences:
    First, sleeping around is easier for women. Regardless of how you feel about promiscuity, we can all agree that a guy who manages to rack up a lot of sexual partners has to have some skills. It’s challenging for men to rack up partners, even for men with low standards. A man needs social intelligence, interpersonal skills, persistence, thick skin, and plain old dumb luck. For women, though, a vagina and a pulse is often enough. Whenever an accomplishment requires absolutely no challenge, no one respects it. It’s just viewed as a lack of self-discipline. People respect those who accomplish challenging feats, while they consider those who overindulge in easily obtained feats as weak, untrustworthy or flawed.

jonski wrote: »
    Post #43 above says you did ......
    i swear on my sons life,,,i did not type them words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

i swear on my sons life,,,i did not type them words

Someone else must have access to your account then or you left yourself logged in to Boards.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement