Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Sports science To physio??

Options
  • 21-07-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if sports science is a good way to proceed into a physiotherapy degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Cant answer your question but i know my sister did health science in sligo IT then transferred to yr2 of physio in trinity, now shes of to the US. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

DJW11 wrote: »
    Cant answer your question but i know my sister did health science in sligo IT then transferred to yr2 of physio in trinity, now shes of to the US. Hope this helps
    Thanks that was insightful. Would you be able to inform me of what a health science course entails as I see the same course in ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Here you go, http://courses.itsligo.ie/science-courses/health-science/bsc-in-health-science-and-physiology-sg-435/ , knock yourself out;).
    Now I cant comment on this course or this route of getting into pyhsio, but from watching my sister do it, its possible. 6yrs it took her altogether, 3 in each course. and nearly a year at home doing online tests and study to get all the extra qualifications needed to practice in the US. yes you read it right, her trinity degree didnt cover everything to practice in the US. good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

yeah i see UL dont offer a post-grad entry into physiotherapy at all whereas trinity and ucd do :/ i just wonder which would be more recognised sports science in u.l or health and exercise science in ucd when applying for post-grad entry into physiotherapy :cool:

Advertisement