Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a bb gun that will shoot metal

• 21-07-2012 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am looking for a bb gun that i can shoot metal bbs anyone know if i can get one
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Barryg84 wrote: »
    I am looking for a bb gun that i can shoot metal bbs anyone know if i can get one
    What you are looking for is an air rifle and therefore a firearm so go talk to your local firearms officer

Using anything other than 6mm PLASTIC ball bearings in an Airsoft device is illegal and will change said device from toy to illegal firearm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Barryg84

i'm actually looking for a pistal bb gun that can shoot metal if you get my drift

Barryg84 wrote: »
    i'm actually looking for a pistal bb gun that can shoot metal if you get my drift
    Still a firearm and I believe their called personal or non lethal defence weapons which I think are downright banned in this country as a majority of them use compressed Co2 to propel 4.5mm steel ball bearings

If your drift is "hey I want something that isn't an Airsoft device but isn't exactly legal either" then you sir can FRO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Barryg84

Ok thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Besides if you do manage to find any 6mm metal bbs, with our 1J limit on airsoft devices the bb will just roll out of the barrel at very low speed and drop to the ground right in front of you.

All you can get are 4.5mm metal pointed projectiles and are fired from an air rifle or high powerd CO2 air pistols around 5J and up.

Airsoft has nothing to do with metal projectiles, thats for air rifles and up which are firearms in Irish law.

• Advertisement

Besides if you do manage to find any 6mm metal bbs, with our 1J limit on airsoft devices the bb will just roll out of the barrel at very low speed and drop to the ground right in front of you.

All you can get are 4.5mm metal pointed projectiles and are fired from an air rifle or high powerd CO2 air pistols around 5J and up.

Airsoft has nothing to do with metal projectiles, thats for air rifles and up which are firearms in Irish law.
    I think the US is the only country I knw of where you can get these without so much as a batter of an eye lid… go figure…

If you want any advice about where to purchase these or how to get a licence for one just go over to the shooting forum but as far as I know your looking at €300 to get a nice starter rifle and again as far as I know you need to have a good reason to have it be it target shooting at a gun club or for a vermin problem on you're land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

As the other posters have said, You are looking for a firearm, try the Shooting forum
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement