Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tips for the leaving cert

• 21-07-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

i've just done the junior cert and am going in to transition year next year.Hovever I am very ambitious and was wondering how can i go about preparing for my leaving cert now.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

To be perfectly honest, starting to prepare for the leaving in TY isn't realistic. Wait until 5th year, work hard and you should do well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

The best thing you can do is to enjoy transition year and don't think about the leaving cert until you are going in to fifth year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

TY isn't important, just please don't **** up 5th year. You don't need to go mad, but go in and be aware and keep good notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Sucette!

Enjoy TY! Get involved in as much as you can, expand your group of friends and just generally have the craic! You will only get out of TY what you put in, if you want to get a bit of a head start then just listen in class and do the homework however infact TY is preparing you for the Leaving Cert in ways other than just academically. Which you'll realise as you get closer to the Leaving Cert, you will have become more mature, more academically inclined and have been exposed to a lot of more opertunities than just going straight into 5th year or just focusing on exams too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

It's always very easy to be enthusiastic during the holidays. When your TY kicks off, you will probably be happy just to enjoy that.

If you want to start thinking about the LC, I would look into the different subjects on offer because this year you will probably have to decide what ones you want to study.

• Advertisement
Advertisement