Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL withdrawals

• 21-07-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah i know its sad - but i miss my Saturday fix of match of the day, result updates , finals scores , computations etc etc - yeah , I know the Euros are just over , and there is League of Ireland - but I find television so boring this time of year - hurry up , its like the season has been in hibernation for months and there is still another month to go

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Blog it man :cool:

The break is good, makes ya want it more :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

thebaz wrote: »
    Yeah i know its sad - but i miss my Saturday fix of match of the day, result updates , finals scores , computations etc etc - yeah , I know the Euros are just over , and there is League of Ireland - but I find television so boring this time of year - hurry up , its like the season has been in hibernation for months and there is still another month to go

You watch football on the TV?

BTW This season has already started even for those in the 2012-13 time frame.

The CL and Europa cups are under way and the olympics are just days away. Spain and Brazil have teams to really look out for.

Although nothing beats the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Getting serious withdrawals myself mate. The Euros were very good but there's nothing like club football and I'm not too bothered with the Olympics.

A usual weekend for me goes something like this - watch the early kick-off on Saturday, then watch Sunderland at 3pm, and the ESPN game at 5:30pm. Match of the Day that night. Quite often go for a few pints on Sunday watching the two games they generally show as part of their 'Super Sunday' coverage.

Of course after a long day on Monday nursing a hangover the excellent Monday night coverage with Gary Neville is on and once September comes we'll have Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Around 7 or 8 live games a week. I can't wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the Olympics will be great to watch
    i'm sick of the **** Gaa on tv though & the cricket on sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

League of Ireland...CL/EL Qualifiers...Olympic Football...Brasileiro...J-League...Pre-Season Friendlies.

Nope, I'm fine.

There's plenty on to watch all year round...You just have to be willing to give it a go, and not care if you can't understand the commentary language ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Football manger is great game to pass time. The amount of crap that gets posted here during the summer is unbearable and other than the odd realisted transfer rumour, I avoid most.
    Sooner its back the better for fans and the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

since rovers moved , rarely go to see them - not a great one for international footbal - miss the odd bet, find the sunday papers a tad boring , without the checkup on tables, reports etc - last season was tops for English football - didnt think i'd miss it so much - sad I know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I for one am enjoying not being bombarded from every angle with idiots in the media going on about English football. Its really nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Saturdays are boring without EPL and mostly la liga :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm glad of the break, the Euros had me sick of football and wanting some time off though I've still kept up with LoI and MLS to get a mini-fix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

EPL - meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The benefit of the LoI is, I have Tolka Park round the corner, I just walk a few minutes down the road and am able to enjoy a pint for 3.80 :D

Seriously, the LoI needs some more attention when it comes to attendances, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I miss fantasy football and Ronaldo. You can't substitute Ronaldo bombing one in from 30 yards before he goads the crowd by pointing to his immaculately toned thighs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lars1916 wrote: »
    The benefit of the LoI is, I have Tolka Park round the corner, I just walk a few minutes down the road and am able to enjoy a pint for 3.80 :D

Seriously, the LoI needs some more attention when it comes to attendances, imo.

Hooked after one game? Excellent!

I miss fantasy football and Ronaldo. You can't substitute Ronaldo bombing one in from 30 yards before he goads the crowd by pointing to his immaculately toned thighs.
    Let me get this straight - what you miss about English football is having a fantasy in which you get off on the sight of another man's 'immaculately toned' thighs?

Very democratic sport, football, I've always said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What does LOI have to do with EPL?

He said he misses EPL football.

gimmick wrote: »
    What does LOI have to do with EPL?

He said he misses EPL football.
    The poor chap is in distress - he's having withdrawal symptoms, fits of yearning and longing, a raging emptiness at the core of his being because of the absence of football - who could read this and not respond with the obvious solution to his ills - a football league in his own country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But he, like many others, do not support the LOI. I am a season ticket holder of an LOI club, yet I miss the EPL. Saturday and Sunday afternoons are almost intolerable in the weather is poor and sky news is filled with cricket, cycling, and them patting themselves on the back for their initiatives .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

born2bwild wrote: »
    The poor chap is in distress - he's having withdrawal symptoms, fits of yearning and longing, a raging emptiness at the core of his being because of the absence of football - who could read this and not respond with the obvious solution to his ills - a football league in his own country?

Maybe read the first post again. OP misses match of the day, the EPL score updates etc on his TV every Saturday.

LOI is not going to replace that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Paully D wrote: »
    Getting serious withdrawals myself mate. The Euros were very good but there's nothing like club football and I'm not too bothered with the Olympics.

A usual weekend for me goes something like this - watch the early kick-off on Saturday, then watch Sunderland at 3pm, and the ESPN game at 5:30pm. Match of the Day that night. Quite often go for a few pints on Sunday watching the two games they generally show as part of their 'Super Sunday' coverage.

Of course after a long day on Monday nursing a hangover the excellent Monday night coverage with Gary Neville is on and once September comes we'll have Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Around 7 or 8 live games a week. I can't wait :D

And he does this all on his own.

Typical Mackem :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement