Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing & Camping on the Beara

Options
  • 22-07-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi guys,
    was thinking of going on a fishing and camping trip to the beara peninsula with my dad since im on my summer holidays :)
    Just wanted to know if there are any good spots for both of these activites?? We would only be staying a night or two. Dromagowlane house looked nice but was hoping to camp somewhere for free or cheaper than a b&b as Ive always wanted to go camping. Also would you be able to recommend any good marks nearby to the camping spot? (pm me if you dont want to reveal them to everybody!)
    only wanted to do a bit of jelly worming for pollack and mackerel and maybey some down the wall fishing for wrasse. Might also do some fishing for flounder or plaice if theres clean ground close in as im not a great caster, and neither is my dad! Also any areas to collect bait near the camping area? Would I be able to fish these spots at all stages of the tide as I'd like to be able to fish for most of the day! :D
    thanks for the help! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

dont know the area, or if there is any campsites nearby, but for free camping your best bet is to ask a local farmer can you camp on his land. Be polite and make sure to leave it as you found it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

EireIceMan wrote: »
    dont know the area, or if there is any campsites nearby, but for free camping your best bet is to ask a local farmer can you camp on his land. Be polite and make sure to leave it as you found it;)

Exactly. The penninsula is limited to only 3500 marks. Bring plenty of fresh water, food and bait with you and never come back! There's a road from Dursey island that goes through ahilies and eyeries all the way through to kenmare. Bring a Kelly kettle and be extra nice to any farmer that you talk to.

Advertisement