Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband In Delgany

• 22-07-2012 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭

Hi, was just wondering can anyone tell me if there are any decent broadband providers serving the Delgany area?

We do not want Eircom (cannot guarantee us faster than 1mgb speed and they're a rip-off).

UPC do not cover the area.

WiMax were tried but could not find a signal.

We are currently with 3 (on the advice of someone who has their WebCube and who said it was good) and are deeply unhappy with them (speed is rubbish and it is not worth the money we're paying for it).

So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a provider who can give us a decent (5mgb or so) speed and that is not extortionate, although cost is not a huge factor. We'd be willing to pay good money once the service is good.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jack_edson

I'm moving to Delgany at the weekend and someone on another thread suggested going with the Imagin Business DSL line. Same price as WiMAx, fixed line too might be OK. Surprised Eircom couldn't get you faster than 1MB though, I was offered faster by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Wicklowbroadband. Simples! I've been through all the landline providers, and also had a year with "3". Had almost torn out my last bit of hair when a friend recommended wicklowbroadband. Fast, low contention, no download limit ,competitive prices, I'm running my house phone off it, netflix through 2 apple TVs, WiFi for 4 mobile's and 2 laptops, and its still singing. Has never failed me yet, and as its transmitted to a tiny receiver, no concerns when some clown in a jcb cuts the cable from greystones;)

Advertisement