Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashcroft, Raheny. What’s it like?

Options
  • 22-07-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

My brother is looking to buy a house in the 200-240k region and was hoping for a something relatively modern, in a decent area.
    2 interesting properties popped up in Ashcroft, Raheny. One at the front, and one in the estate.

If you are familiar with Ashcroft, Raheny, can you tell me what it’s like around there please? ;)

I believe it can get a bit rough up around Edenmore/Springdale/Harmonstown, but I’m wondering how much of an impact that has on the Ashcroft area, if any.

The nearby Dart Station is pretty handy, and Raheny village is lovely, but if it’s rough around there at night, he would probably knock it on the head.
    He’s not stuck up, just fairly quiet, and is insisting the one compromise he won’t make is the vibe in an area.

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Rented there about 5 years ago so not too sure how reliable this advice is now.

Generally its a nice and quiet area, you do get a bit of noise from the main road (especially if you're at the front of the estate).

Never had any hassle from the locals when I was there and I would be surprised if your brother did.

I reckon your brother could do better on the price though. That sounds a bit steep for a 3 bed to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its very nice. its only 3 mins walk to the dart station and the bus stop is outside the estate on the raheny road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its very nice. its only 3 mins walk to the dart station and the bus stop is outside the estate on the raheny road

forgot to say that im from edenmore. its not half as 'rough' as it used to be and is very quiet now. harmonstown is the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

Raheny in general is lovely nowadays, It's like the Iron curtain of Clontarf. I would buy a house i Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

That’s all music to my ears. Thanks again everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement