Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym advise

Options
  • 22-07-2012 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

I'm looking to start going to a pay-as-you-go type gym. I'm in good shape, I just want to be more toned. I've looked at "sweat fitness" http://www.sweatfitness.ie/ on victoria road and their deals look good - most classes being €6 including spinning and core strength and tone. but they're abit far out for me to travel to. So does anyone have experience here, Is it worth getting out there?
    OR are there better deals and better places to be had in the city? I'm new to the whole gym thing, I've usually just kept myself fit with cycling etc so any advice would be great.
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Corkgirl1234

Rivers edge in the city centre is quite good.€199 for year but all classes are free with that.

I've used Bull and Fiddle gym in ballyphehane community centre, €6 a session or €14 per week. It's not huge and can be very busy at times though, but it's quiet enough in the mornings or from 8pm onwards.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Rivers edge in the city centre is quite good.€199 for year but all classes are free with that.
    Seconded. Basic equipment but usually only moderately crowded in peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Opening hours in the morning ?

what type of Classes do they offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Corkgirl1234

Cork24 wrote: »

Opening hours in the morning ?

what type of Classes do they offer?
    They open 7am to 10pm mon to Friday ,open on sat and Sunday's too.but not as long opening hours.they have a good range of fitness classes such as Pilates ,total body workout,step etc etc. I also got free assessment and they wrote up a fitness plan for me too. It's well worth the price. The website is http://www.riversedgefitness.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement