Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Effects Motion Tracking Issue

• 22-07-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Not even sure where to start with this one.

Have a game clip (FIFA) and I'm trying to place an item at a particular part of the pitch (not on a box / line or anything distinctive like that).

Did the Tracker tool for one part and parented a null object to the keyframes and it worked perfectly - the item stays on the same part of the pitch regardless of camera movement. Tried the same thing for another item...but it moves.

So then I set up a new composition for just the second part of the clip (it was a different part of the pitch and the camera moved a lot in between so thought it would be easier).

I set my null object to the halfway line and on the touchline, so I have a nice T-Junction for reference. Null object tracks nicely and stays where it's supposed to be.

I have parented any object / text to the null to test. The strange thing is:
    If I position the object AT the null object, it tracks it perfectly.
    If I move the object away to a different part of the pitch (but keep everything else the same incl. parenting), it then moves around with the camera / of its own accord.

Hitting a brick wall and all tutorials I'm looking up aren't helping / stop too soon. Any ideas?

🤪

Advertisement