Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donuts.

Options
  • 22-07-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Why is there no decent donuts places in Dublin, like this place, god, just look at what they have, Dublins need a place like this.

http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We need a Dunkin' Donuts. Love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

There used to be dunkin d's in Dublin. 2 actually one on grafton other on o connell st. oh they were good days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

wasn't there a DD in the square tallaght as well?
    how did they end up leaving?
    Krispy Kreme, please, come to ireland, take my money!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kiosk on O'Connell St.

That's all you need. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

cson wrote: »
    Kiosk on O'Connell St.

+1 Great donuts, and good value too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

SantryRed wrote: »
    no we don't we don't need more fat people in ireland.

also dunkin donuts are disgusting, krispy kreme is where it's at in the donut world

Eh, you can eat donuts and not be fat believe it or not. ;)

There are a lot of US franchises I'd love to bring to Ireland; Chick-Fil-A, Potbelly, Dunkin, Einstein, Baskin Robbins, In N Out Burger, Chipotle, Portillos....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Add Panda Express to that list and every chinese takeaway in the country would be out of business

marketty wrote: »
    Add Panda Express to that list and every chinese takeaway in the country would be out of business

Never warmed to Panda Express; always thought the independant Chineses were much nicer over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Eh, you can eat donuts and not be fat believe it or not. ;)

There are a lot of US franchises I'd love to bring to Ireland; Chick-Fil-A, Potbelly, Dunkin, Einstein, Baskin Robbins, In N Out Burger, Chipotle, Portillos....
    indeed you can, but not everyone has the same balanced diet as you may have ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

In N Out Burger....

Those are good burgers, dude.

The-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

marketty wrote: »
    wasn't there a DD in the square tallaght as well?

Yeah there was, it was where Abrakebabra is now. I second the Kiosk on O'Connell Street, delicious! Still not a patch on Dunkin' Donuts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Kiosk on O'Connell St.

i got some there yesterday for the first time in years, only sorry i didnt get more that 6. lovely doughnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Agreed! I'm surprised Dunkin' Donuts is no longer in Dublin. Much better than Krispy Kreme IMHO. I noticed tons of DD locations while visiting Berlin recently.

As for donuts making you fat, I know many people who go to Dunkin just for the coffee. They have excellent and very popular coffee.

If you ever find yourself in San Francisco, this place is super popular:
    http://www.dynamodonut.com/our_donuts.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I recently had a real nice donut and it was either from Lidl or aldi, i think the bake them instore.

...Lidl or aldi, i think the bake them instore

See there's proof that Dublin has sub-par donuts! Donuts are fried and not baked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bbeck11

SantryRed wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts is the ****. They have it all over america and in Barcelona too! The Irish don't seem too keen on doughnuts though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

bbeck11 wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts is the ****. They have it all over america and in Barcelona too! The Irish don't seem too keen on doughnuts though...

No but they seem to be fond of the other sugary crap you see for sale in overpriced coffee shops..disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bbeck11

Degsy wrote: »

No but they seem to be fond of the other sugary crap you see for sale in overpriced coffee shops..disgusting.

Overprice coffee shops? What about londis, spar, etc and if you catch them early enough you can get fresh pastries. Starbucks isn't very popular and most coffee shops are reasonable in Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Irish don't seem too keen on doughnuts though...

Give the Irish one munch of a Krispy Kreme and that will change forever.

If anyone is heading to London anytime, they're all over the place. But take my advice, spoil yourself with a trip to their cafe in Harrods. It might cost an extra shilling but its well worth it and the donuts taste better there than anywhere else !

Seriously :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Go to Tesco. Find the Rolo doughnuts. Buy 2 packs. Go home. Close the curtains and be happy.

Rolo doughnuts
    (is that how you spell it in Ireland?)! Wow that's just plain evil ;) I'll have to make sure my health insurance policy is fully paid up before following your enticing instructions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

ScottSF wrote: »
    (is that how you spell it in Ireland?)! Wow that's just plain evil ;) I'll have to make sure my health insurance policy is fully paid up before following your enticing instructions!
    How else would you spell rolo:confused:

Yup. Definitely make sure you have some form of health insurance as they are pretty addictive!

vektarman wrote: »
    How else would you spell rolo:confused:

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to Donuts vs. Doughnuts. Words tend to have a simpler spelling in the U.S. like color vs. colour.

Simpler? Lazier more like ;)

Haha

Laziness!?!?! Fewer letters to type equals increased keyboard productivity - it's all about saving time and energy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Tim Hortons is the shizzz, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kizzonian

tempura wrote: »
    Why is there no decent donuts places in Dublin, like this place, god, just look at what they have, Dublins need a place like this.

http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.php

doughnuts* we are not in murka.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kizzonian

Have you tried the place on O' Connoll Street? It is just opposite Easons in the little hut type thing and oh my god they are delicious!

Advertisement